The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

Maybe they thought Greg Lake ran the 800 metres.

There's a subreddit on Reddit discussing your site called "MorbidReality". I was looking at the subreddit for unrelated reasons and then I found the post. I had no involvement in the post, personally. I just wanted to make everyone aware of it and thought this thread was the best location since they technically are visitors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MorbidReality/comments/5ld8ve/deathlist_2017_a_list_of_50_celebrities_selected/

Also, I found this after clicking on "Other Discussions". This is on the "United Kingdom" subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/5lev78/the_deathlist_2017/?st=ixeuwfia&sh=74dd8233

There's a subreddit on Reddit discussing your site called "MorbidReality". I was looking at the subreddit for unrelated reasons and then I found the post. I had no involvement in the post, personally. I just wanted to make everyone aware of it and thought this thread was the best location since they technically are visitors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MorbidReality/comments/5ld8ve/deathlist_2017_a_list_of_50_celebrities_selected/

What's a "subreddit"? Is it just another word for topic or thread?

Like people on Facebook calling a post a "status". Boils my piss, that.

A subreddit is basically a discussion group on Reddit for a specific topic. "MorbidReality" discusses tragic/morbid events that have occurred and I guess they thought the DeathList was morbid enough to discuss. I don't know why the "United Kingdom" people thought of bringing it up though other than the DeathList being a UK based website.

The redditors just dont get it, do they?

• Like 1

A subreddit is basically a discussion group on Reddit for a specific topic. "MorbidReality" discusses tragic/morbid events that have occurred and I guess they thought the DeathList was morbid enough to discuss. I don't know why the "United Kingdom" people thought of bringing it up though other than the DeathList being a UK based website.

I'm just asking about the structure of the site. It looks as though "Morbid Reality" is what on most forums would be called a board, and DL is a thread or topic on that board. Is that about right?

I'm just asking about the structure of the site. It looks as though "Morbid Reality" is what on most forums would be called a board, and DL is a thread or topic on that board. Is that about right?

Aww, it's so cute looking at them include people like Brad Pitt and Amanda Bynes and Charlie Sheen and Paula Abdul in their lists, thinking they'll be competition to us. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Reddit is the whole site, a sub-reddit is basically a board (for example DL extra curricullar on here, if we take the DL forums as being a miniscule forum site) but anyone can start/moderator a board (sub-reddit) so there's obviously thousands and thousands of them. You can also browse reddit by aggregated sub-reddits such as /r/all /r/rising which act as news feeds of posts from all sub-reddits on the site based on popularity. It's reasonably americo-centric so bare that in mind if you feel like looking for forums on it (/r/soccer rather than /r/football for example and /r/worldnews won't take allow posts regarding American news).

Reddit is the whole site, a sub-reddit is basically a board (for example DL extra curricullar on here, if we take the DL forums as being a miniscule forum site) but anyone can start/moderator a board (sub-reddit) so there's obviously thousands and thousands of them. You can also browse reddit by aggregated sub-reddits such as /r/all /r/rising which act as news feeds of posts from all sub-reddits on the site based on popularity. It's reasonably americo-centric so bare that in mind if you feel like looking for forums on it (/r/soccer rather than /r/football for example and /r/worldnews won't take allow posts regarding American news).

Thanks. TBH, the "subreddit" thing has put me off looking into it for ages as it made it sound over-complicated. It irritates me when people invent words when there are existing usable words for what they describe. And if it's US-biased, experience tells me it probably isn't the place for me. ;)

Thanks. TBH, the "subreddit" thing has put me off looking into it for ages as it made it sound over-complicated. It irritates me when people invent words when there are existing usable words for what they describe. And if it's US-biased, experience tells me it probably isn't the place for me. ;)

That's not what I meant at all - just more a forewarning of americanisms in site structure etc, most of the time you won't notice it, just when you're in specific threads. It has a very international user base and the sub-forums cover all sorts, if you're just looking at it for uk based stuff then places like /r/unitedkingdom /r/ukpolitics /r/askuk and the sub-reddit of your city if you live in one might be quite useful. There's also places like /r/britishproblems and /r/britishsuccess as well as /r/europe (which might be interesting). The site's very much a get what you want out of it place and you can customize it to scream an echo-chamber of the subs you like in the main.

The site was created back in 2005, when forums where only just starting to widespread replace bulletin boards etc which is probably why the structured the way it is.

How dare you put up your Queen. Not The Queen. She is off limits. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

May she live another 90 years.

How dare you put up your Queen. Not The Queen. She is off limits. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Do you think she'd actually want to see her 180th birthday?

• Like 6

You wouldn't be a Republican at all, would you? None of my business really, just curious, but you come across as one. Protesting too much and all.

But yes I can imagine the Royal iPad is spattered with remnants of Cheerios after she logged on to check the 2017 Deathlist. Her Maj must be apoplectic. Orf with our Heads!

You wouldn't be a Republican at all, would you? None of my business really, just curious, but you come across as one. Protesting too much and all.

But yes I can imagine the Royal iPad is spattered with remnants of Cheerios after she logged on to check the 2017 Deathlist. Her Maj must be apoplectic. Orf with our Heads!

Nah, she'd be expecting it. Philip's usually on the DL and her mum was a DL hit in 2002.

Don't bet on it....

Not so much a rant but I did not know where to share this.

I doubt this guy is on anyone's deathlist right now though

he is 105 years old.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/robert-marchand-velodrome-national-cycling-1.3920941

As a heads up, if you want to suggest someone and can't find a more specific thread, the ideas and possibilities thread is a better fit than this one. Though your case in particular actually has already been mentioned in that very thread.

• Like 2

Not so much a rant but I did not know where to share this.

I doubt this guy is on anyone's deathlist right now though

he is 105 years old.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/robert-marchand-velodrome-national-cycling-1.3920941

As a heads up, if you want to suggest someone and can't find a more specific thread, the ideas and possibilities thread is a better fit than this one. Though your case in particular actually has already been mentioned in that very thread.

Thank you. :)

Oh deary me, a drive-by ranter. Haven't had one for a while.

The Queen is certainly not off limits, the only way this works is if nobody is off limits. The Queen Mum has previously featured and Prince Philip is a perennial. I think it's a bit early to add the Queen but that's for pragmatic deathlister reasons not for sanctimonious bastard reasons. The Queen will die, she has never purported to be anything other than a human being and unfortunately human beings die at some point. Given the Queens publicly noted ill-health it's only fair to include her on the list alongside the other massive names.

We're overdue a state funeral anyway, the last proper one was coming on 52 years ago. And the last tendy one was 2013.

• Like 1

We're overdue a state funeral anyway, the last proper one was coming on 52 years ago. And the last tendy one was 2013.

I would think 1997 (Diana) and 2002 (the Queen Mum) counted for something.

They were ceremonial not state (as was Thatcher's I think). Churchill's in '65 was the last state funeral.

• Like 1

They were ceremonial not state (as was Thatcher's I think). Churchill's in '65 was the last state funeral.

Correct. They do count for something hence referring to them as tendy ones.

• Like 1

Correct. They do count for something hence referring to them as tendy ones.

So when Phillip finally kicks the bucket all he gets is a ceremonial funeral.

I'm curious ... if Prince Charles were to die before QEII does he get a tendy state funeral or a tendy ceremonial one? :)