The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

How dare you put up your Queen. Not The Queen. She is off limits. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

May she live another 90 years.

We're overdue a state funeral anyway, the last proper one was coming on 52 years ago. And the last tendy one was 2013.

I would think 1997 (Diana) and 2002 (the Queen Mum) counted for something.

They were ceremonial not state (as was Thatcher's I think). Churchill's in '65 was the last state funeral.

Correct. They do count for something hence referring to them as tendy ones.

So when Phillip finally kicks the bucket all he gets is a ceremonial funeral.

I'm curious ... if Prince Charles were to die before QEII does he get a tendy state funeral or a tendy ceremonial one? :)

Phil will be ceremonial. Charles would be lucky to get a black bag collection from Westminster Council.

• Like 4

If memory serves, only serving Monarchs get State Funerals as a matter of convention. Churchill was granted one due to the impact he had on the nation and the world but he was not actually entitled to one. Ceremonial Funerals are also quite lavish affairs as we know. I am struggling to accurately explain the difference between the two. I think it's something to do with gun carriages but can't remember. Hopefully someone else can define the difference better than I can.

How dare you put up your Queen. Not The Queen. She is off limits. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

May she live another 90 years.

We're overdue a state funeral anyway, the last proper one was coming on 52 years ago. And the last tendy one was 2013.

I would think 1997 (Diana) and 2002 (the Queen Mum) counted for something.

They were ceremonial not state (as was Thatcher's I think). Churchill's in '65 was the last state funeral.

Correct. They do count for something hence referring to them as tendy ones.

So when Phillip finally kicks the bucket all he gets is a ceremonial funeral.

I'm curious ... if Prince Charles were to die before QEII does he get a tendy state funeral or a tendy ceremonial one? :)

Phil will be ceremonial. Charles would be lucky to get a black bag collection from Westminster Council.

We got short changed with Di & Queen Mum's funerals.....both held on a Saturday

• Like 1

If memory serves, only serving Monarchs get State Funerals as a matter of convention. Churchill was granted one due to the impact he had on the nation and the world but he was not actually entitled to one. Ceremonial Funerals are also quite lavish affairs as we know. I am struggling to accurately explain the difference between the two. I think it's something to do with gun carriages but can't remember. Hopefully someone else can define the difference better than I can.

They are to all instance purposes very similar. The main differences lie in two point

• The Queen can grant a ceremonial funeral (presumably on the advice of her PM when not a member of the royal family like most political decisions these days)
  • Parliament must debate and vote on a state funeral. (the reason Thatcher only got a ceremonial was to avoid a divisive debate in parliament while her body was cold to grant her one)
  • Sailors pull the carriage at a state funeral, horses pull it at a ceremonial
  • The Earl Marshal and his heralds organising State Funerals, whereas ceremonial funerals are organised by the Lord Chamberlain.
  • Like 1

What the fuck does tendy mean?

I'm glad you've asked, because I have no idea either.

Pretend.

Well it means legal Tendy as in the money in your pocket and 'Lardy has a Tendy to get shit faced on Vodka.

I also Tendy to talk bollocks. :)

• Like 2

Pretend.

I see. So it's a pretend word for the word pretend.

• Like 5

Pretendy.

I see. So it's a pretendy word for the word pretendy.

FTFY.

• Like 2

Bots are now swarming the Ian Paisley thread. Question, is there a way to block those bots from viewing this site? 

Yes.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2012 at 09:31, the_engineer said:

Dying is apart of life so why not talk about it? In the 21st century no conversation or subject should be taboo . I personally don't wish anyone dead (except maybe keith chegwin) and we try to look at a serious subject in a light hearted manner . I can only speak for myself of course but that has been the vibe here I have picked up since i joined 3 years ago.

Happy now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2017 at 15:31, YoungWillz said:

Happy now?

Well done sir well done.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, emperor_genghis_khan said:

I am lurking where can I read more on the rules and prediction contest.

Dead Pools forum?

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:21, emperor_genghis_khan said:

I am lurking where can I read more on the rules and prediction contest.

Aye, it ain't simple mind - LOADS of dead pools and different rules for each. 

I'm not a visitor, but I'm irate lol.
Whoever is in charge of the 'search' box, which is allowed to be slightly frustrating, but not useless.....
Go ahead and type 'CEO' and you will get zero hits.  OK change it to 'CEO's' and ditto.

Now goddamit we have a thread entitled along the lines of 'company presidents, CEO's etc' how in living hell does it not pull that up?  
SC

EDIT:

"Businesspeople, Investors, Ceos"  
Ceos seriously?  In any case, I am going to guess the term 'CEO'' is in that thread 50 times if it's in there once.  No hits?????

I think the search box requires at least four letters for it to look something up. Otherwise, you get nothing...

• Thanks 2

^^ speaks the truth.

Good Evening Fellow Humans (I'd address you as gentleman, but that would be unbeffitting of your moral impertinence and sordid debauchery), 

I address this letter to whom it may concern; the collective membership of this vile society. I am frankly appalled and dismayed that you deem it an acceptable practice to wager, whether for fun or for profit, on the status of many a well respected member of the upper echelons of society. I am utterly dismayed at your evident disregard for the affect that the passing of these folk has on those people closest to them. I am appalled at the fact many of you are so actively willing to encourage the death of a good man for the mere sport of acclaiming points of no worth in games of no importance. Are your lives that devoid of meaning and significance that the sole pleasure you can derive is the tacit acceptance that you are indeed so inferior to these talented, cultured and respectable people your only appreciation of them can come in fulfilling your envy as you usher in their deaths with pathetic celebration. The sickening trend of this site is so long established it is frankly appalling that it has been left to go on for so long. The government will be receiving a strongly worded letter encouraging the banning of morally corrupt practices such as the betting of celebrity deaths. You have no empathy, could you imagine googling your own mothers name and being led to a cesspit of a sight where absolutely imbeciles such as yourselves had spent years discussing how likely she was to die. How can participating in such a practice not sicken and repulse you to the core?

Unkind Regards

Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells said:

Good Evening Fellow Humans (I'd address you as gentleman, but that would be unbeffitting of your moral impertinence and sordid debauchery), 

I address this letter to whom it may concern; the collective membership of this vile society. I am frankly appalled and dismayed that you deem it an acceptable practice to wager, whether for fun or for profit, on the status of many a well respected member of the upper echelons of society. I am utterly dismayed at your evident disregard for the affect that the passing of these folk has on those people closest to them. I am appalled at the fact many of you are so actively willing to encourage the death of a good man for the mere sport of acclaiming points of no worth in games of no importance. Are your lives that devoid of meaning and significance that the sole pleasure you can derive is the tacit acceptance that you are indeed so inferior to these talented, cultured and respectable people your only appreciation of them can come in fulfilling your envy as you usher in their deaths with pathetic celebration. The sickening trend of this site is so long established it is frankly appalling that it has been left to go on for so long. The government will be receiving a strongly worded letter encouraging the banning of morally corrupt practices such as the betting of celebrity deaths. You have no empathy, could you imagine googling your own mothers name and being led to a cesspit of a sight where absolutely imbeciles such as yourselves had spent years discussing how likely she was to die. How can participating in such a practice not sicken and repulse you to the core?

Unkind Regards

B98FBB83-3BA0-410B-B609-A61F4F4CE9DD.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells said:

Unkind Regards

Death happens whether this site exists.It is a prediction game not a wish list.If I Google my mother to find she was being discussed on Deadpool forums it would please me as it would have shown she was remembered.Most deaths that are sudden make me sad but those were the outcome is certain I.e  terminal cancer MND etc I take relief when the person is no longer suffering.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

.If I Google my mother to find she was being discussed on Deadpool forums it would please me as it would have shown she was remembered

Aye, though if I found my mum's name on, say, DDT's DDP team, I'd be a bit worried tbh...

• Like 3