The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

I talk like that sometimes, although I do try not to....

Nae bad min, hingin' oan.

Ken?

Could some kind soul provide subtitles in English, please?

regards,

Hein

Nae bad min, hingin' oan.

Ken?

Aye, ah ken, ahm hingin oan masel awright

Could some kind soul provide subtitles in English, please?

regards,

Hein

Say it as it sounds :rolleyes: or

Dinna be a tumshie mon, spitit oot

Rough Translation

hcw: Hey little man, give me a break, I have heard that one for ages, give it about 10 more years and we'll be there. :rolleyes:

Notapotato: Who's that man anyway?

hcw : How are you?

Notapotato : Not bad, hanging on.

You know?

hcw : Yes, I know, I'm hanging on myself alright.

So essentially MH, it still makes little sence.

Okay, I know I'm not a visitor. But I have a rant, and I didn't want to start a new thread as I don't think it is warranted, and I couldn't think of where else to post it, so the ranting thread it is...

Now, I appreciate that on an online forum, members of the vast global public have the right to become DL members and then never post anything. And I'm not saying that every member should join in the Twunt-race; I respect a member's right not to post anything.

But it kind of drives me crazy when you go to the list of members, and there's just tons and tons of people who, for whatever reason, decided to become a member and then either got bored, or changed their mind, or forgot or whatever and then have never been active, contributing members.

Perhaps our ever-vigilant moderators should go on a bit of a members purge (a veritable enema for the member's list). Obviously, discretion would be needed. Perhaps any member who joined over a year ago but has never posted? I think that would cut down the list considerably.

See, I know it's a bit of a random, useless rant. But for some inexplicable reason, it really gets on my t*ts.

Okay, I know I'm not a visitor. But I have a rant, and I didn't want to start a new thread as I don't think it is warranted, and I couldn't think of where else to post it, so the ranting thread it is...

Now, I appreciate that on an online forum, members of the vast global public have the right to become DL members and then never post anything. And I'm not saying that every member should join in the Twunt-race; I respect a member's right not to post anything.

But it kind of drives me crazy when you go to the list of members, and there's just tons and tons of people who, for whatever reason, decided to become a member and then either got bored, or changed their mind, or forgot or whatever and then have never been active, contributing members.

Perhaps our ever-vigilant moderators should go on a bit of a members purge (a veritable enema for the member's list). Obviously, discretion would be needed. Perhaps any member who joined over a year ago but has never posted? I think that would cut down the list considerably.

See, I know it's a bit of a random, useless rant. But for some inexplicable reason, it really gets on my t*ts.

in eternum+, there is actually a thread called "Deathlist Membership, Poor posting record" right here.

Regards,

ff :blink:

in eternum+, there is actually a thread called "Deathlist Membership, Poor posting record" right here.

Regards,

ff :blink:

Cheers ff, I'm rubbish at finding existing threads. Having read it, I still think some absentee-member culling is a good idea. If it puts people off joining, tough sh*t.

Only the Gods can go a-culling.

This site is idotic and should be SPAMMED on a regular basis!

What a stupid, lame idea for a site.  I won't even speculate on whether a Brit or a Yank had the idea.

I suppose you just put in all the names of fairly older celebrities you don't like.... WHAT a clever pasttime, wow!!

I actually came here because I was looking for what a particular celebrity, Claire Rayner, had to say on the death penalty - words on a Yahoo message board led me to believe that she was staunchly anti, though to be honest, I have never heard her speak on anything but "agony aunt" topics.

Your site has not told me what I want to know; and it is too high in the search listings,  I daresay because it has links to all sorts of people with a genuine claim to fame.

Well that just tells me then.  When I have a site to publicize, I will just fill it with bogus links to famous people!!

Case closed!

Well you didn't have to click on the first link that you saw.

I take that these irate visitors all switch off the news when the death of a celebrity or otherwise is splashed across it. Listening to the local news this morning I heard four stories about road deaths, seriously ill celebrities or missing kids. Not much else. As they say 'good news is no news' At least here we can reminisce, share info and remember the contributions some of these people made to enriching our lives. It isn't about predictibg or wishing death on anyone. Ir's about finding out which great lights have gone out of the world and thinking about what they achieved - at least for me. Thank you anti-rant rant over!!

Who thinks i should virtually put my hand over the mouth of these annoying people who keep moaning about this site?

Indeed, that may well seem to be a good idea.

It does not, however, stop them from typing.

Well, if there's a wish list going, I'd like to add Ayman al Zawahiri.

If there's one thing that f*****g gets me every muthafuckin' time on this f*****g fine site it's those self-righteous twat irate visitors posting their santimonious S**t when what they really want is a decent f*****g shag, a few drinks and to learn to f****n' let loose once in a while.

Go well.