The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Made a post stating that Sybil Fawlty turned 90 on her thread (hadnt been stated in the thread beforehand) yet admin removed it. Didnt even say anything offensive.

Thank you Admin, very cool!

Admins? On this site? You must be mistaken.

If we had admins you would have been banned months ago.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Made a post stating that Sybil Fawlty turned 90 on her thread (hadnt been stated in the thread beforehand) yet admin removed it. Didnt even say anything offensive.

Thank you Admin, very cool!

Some people really don’t like birthday posts in threads 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Some people really don’t like birthday posts in threads 

Thought the consensus was that people were free to post what they want as long as its not offensive to a certain degree. CoffinLodgers bs posts were allowed but innocent ones from me arent?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Admins? On this site? You must be mistaken.

If we had admins you would have been banned months ago.

Think I'm gonna go cry... I cant believe MortalCaso doesnt like me...

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

On 23/06/2022 at 00:32, Kenny McCormick said:

Think I'm gonna go cry... I cant believe MortalCaso doesnt like me...

If it makes you feel any better, MC is blocked because his posts contribute a grand total of naught to this site.  Somehow I have allowed your posts to continue, call it an oversight, but you’ve been absent.  Regardless, you’re just above MC which isn’t saying a lot, but hopefully it makes your day.

SC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

This isn't a rant, but just a idea that I had that some of the more curmudgeonly users will think is quite idiotic but I definitely think that will spread love and positivity around. Basically, next year of course we should keep the DeathList going because it's a classic website and a way to get my morbid fascination out.

But we should also consider creating the LifeList, a list of the 50 celebrities most likely to survive the year, with only 25 being reused from the previous year. The criteria for inclusion would be that they got mentioned in at least one article in a major British media source the previous year. In each entry, there would be a short blurb mentioning what transferable healthy habits they have that any individual person could use to increase their own lifespan. If someone on the LifeList does pass away, there will be significant reflection on what went wrong and how you can learn from what happened to them. 

So in short, this would be an opportunity to increase the committee's (whose name will change to the Live and Let Die Committee to acknowledge the new endeavor) success rate, will allow the visitors the opportunity to empower themselves by changing their lives, and will introduce inspirational celebrities who we can all learn something from. I personally think it's a no-brainer. Plus maybe the Derby people will be inspired to create the Derby Life Pool out of this initiative so everyday people can also talk about celebrities who have motivated them in their exercise and health improvement journey.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

This isn't a rant, but just a idea that I had that some of the more curmudgeonly users will think is quite idiotic but I definitely think that will spread love and positivity around. Basically, next year of course we should keep the DeathList going because it's a classic website and a way to get my morbid fascination out.

But we should also consider creating the LifeList, a list of the 50 celebrities most likely to survive the year, with only 25 being reused from the previous year. The criteria for inclusion would be that they got mentioned in at least one article in a major British media source the previous year. In each entry, there would be a short blurb mentioning what transferable healthy habits they have that any individual person could use to increase their own lifespan. If someone on the LifeList does pass away, there will be significant reflection on what went wrong and how you can learn from what happened to them. 

So in short, this would be an opportunity to increase the committee's (whose name will change to the Live and Let Die Committee to acknowledge the new endeavor) success rate, will allow the visitors the opportunity to empower themselves by changing their lives, and will introduce inspirational celebrities who we can all learn something from. I personally think it's a no-brainer. Plus maybe the Derby people will be inspired to create the Derby Life Pool out of this initiative so everyday people can also talk about celebrities who have motivated them in their exercise and health improvement journey.

Good afternoon, Mr/Mrs Speciality.

I’m delighted to inform you, as one of the many curmudgeons here, that your idea, oozing with love and positivity though it may, does indeed pass the idiocy threshold.

I’m the creator of the Punt Pool, which is a deadpool in a sense but it goes out of its way to exclude those who were, at time of launch, imminently in danger of dropping dead. Believe me, if you see how low the hit rate has been, it is extremely easy to pick people who won’t die. So I suppose how your proposed game will play out is we’ll all just pick a load of fit and healthy fellows in their twenties and thirties and then have a soapy titwank celebration at the end of every year, having smashed it yet again with a 50/50.

Fucking idiot.

Best regards,

Curmudgeon

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

a list of the 50 celebrities most likely to survive the year, with only 25 being reused from the previous year. 

We already have one of those, it's called deathlist.net.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

On 18/04/2018 at 22:08, Sir Creep said:

Not a visitor.  

Can Admins create a setting with a 90-day moritorium for new members creating threads?  

Not a visitor either but was searching around to see if anyone had suggested this before as there seems to have been an influx of new accounts joining and immediately creating some random thread that is locked by one of the admins after about 3 hours

It was either after Philips or Lee-Lewis died multiple separate no-pfp accounts created threads and then there's the multiple deadpools that have popped up recently written in some sort of unintelligible version of English asking which 90 year old is going to be alive in 2037. 

Whilst I don't want to be limiting anyone's "freedom of speech", it does seem like a smart idea to not let new accounts spawn and start threads, if they so desperate to start one surely they can just ask a member who has been here longer than 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/09/2022 at 17:10, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

This seems just a little too open ended to have any real competition. 

We already have the Inverse Deadpool where there is real jeopardy and also the Georgian Deadpool which works because of its defined parameters 

• Facepalm 1

On 11/09/2022 at 17:10, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

316315833_846615246587394_32706036962906

• Facepalm 1

On 11/09/2022 at 17:24, TQR said:

So I suppose how your proposed game will play out is we’ll all just pick a load of fit and healthy fellows in their twenties and thirties and then have a soapy titwank celebration at the end of every year

Not without merits then?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I am not a visitor but I have to have a rant about this year's list.  Women represent 50% of the population so why is 80% of the list in the male variety?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

I am not a visitor but I have to have a rant about this year's list.  Women represent 50% of the population so why is 80% of the list in the male variety?

Because society was male dominated when most of the names on the list where in their prime.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Because society was male dominated when most of the names on the list where in their prime.

Oh thanks Sean that makes sense

• Angry 1

23 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

I would also add that on average women have a longer life expectancy then men, and considering the list contains a lot of people who are older it is a safer bet going for an older man than a woman, about 90% of the worlds oldest people have been women. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I would also add that on average women have a longer life expectancy then men, and considering the list contains a lot of people who are older it is a safer bet going for an older man than a woman, about 90% of the worlds oldest people have been women. 

Sure, but the people who make the list won't be affected by this statistic. Men will have a lower life expectancy as they are more affected by workplace accidents, conflict, suicide, etc. What @Sean said is more accurate. You see a lot of the more competitive DDP teams will be dominated by men, not because they are more prone to being affected by terminal illnesses, but more so because the world of sport and politics for those in the 50-80 age range were more dominated by men in their hay day than now. The trend for those younger seems to be evening out.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I forget where I saw the stat, but I believe that, on Wikipedia, 90% of the names on the "Deaths in (year)" articles are men.

The 2023 article is currently 92.8% men (169/182).

• Like 7
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, Yvonne said:

Oh thanks Sean that makes sense

Yvonne!!! Have you seen any dead pigeons lately?

• Angry 1

22 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

No not recently and happy new year to you 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

I really don't understand all this now - and I really don't think I am not intelligent. 

• Confused 6
  • Angry 1

27 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

I really don't understand all this now - and I really don't think I am not intelligent. 

Can you expand on this, Yvonne?

• Angry 1

On 08/01/2023 at 23:54, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

No dead pigeons, I reckon that was all a conspiracy theory and you have a long memory x

• Angry 1

42 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Can you expand on this, Yvonne?

I don't know I am very confused 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

• Angry 1