The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

No irate visitor rage here I just genuinely don’t know where else to post this question….

Anyone else finding this site very so slow of late…..Queen dying or double hit in same day sort of speeds?

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

No irate visitor rage here I just genuinely don’t know where else to post this question….

Anyone else finding this site very so slow of late…..Queen dying or double hit in same day sort of speeds?

Yes, very slow to navigate between threads too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Yeah the past couple of days it's been taking me about 20-30 seconds to load a page, I feel as though the whole site has been slowing down over the past few months, the servers clearly need an upgrade.

Multiple users have offered to help chip in to improve DL servers but it goes ignored by the not arsed admins. It's becoming such a drag now that I unfortunately click 'mark as read' more often than just diego/The Old Cunt posts.

It's slow more often than not. Really becoming a chore to navigate the forum.

Edit: seems like measures have been taken to temporarily fix the issue. Must check extra curricular more!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Yes, been really bad for me all week.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

There was always a list of  forums at the bottom of the deathlist that you could click on, and now they are gone. Does anyone know why they changed the format? I always liked it because it was helpful to know what was popular at the moment and maybe had some interesting news to share. I miss it.

2 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

There was always a list of  forums at the bottom of the deathlist that you could click on, and now they are gone. Does anyone know why they changed the format? I always liked it because it was helpful to know what was popular at the moment and maybe had some interesting news to share. I miss it.

That's still a feature but only happens when a thread has had a large number of updates in a short amount of time (normally with major deaths).

Thank you for your reply. Even though I have been a lurker on this site for the last three years, and have had my own play along deathlist I have just decided to join in the fun of posting myself, and am new to all the in and outs of the site

• Like 3

On 23/12/2023 at 15:15, livingbygrace said:

Thank you for your reply. Even though I have been a lurker on this site for the last three years, and have had my own play along deathlist I have just decided to join in the fun of posting myself, and am new to all the in and outs of the site

Same with me! I've been an observer for the last 10 years or so and finally decided to create an account. I'm hoping that, by contributing here, I might be able to gain more awareness of my own mortality and, hopefully, postpone my own death.

6 hours ago, Autistic Merit said:

Same with me! I've been an observer for the last 10 years or so and finally decided to create an account. I'm hoping that, by contributing here, I might be able to gain more awareness of my own mortality and, hopefully, postpone my own death.

Bloody hell. You're putting a lot of undue faith in this site :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good evening all you ghouls and gals, I am not here to give my yearly social engagement suggestion yet. Instead, I am wondering how exactly we will celebrate the 20th birthday of this thread in March. It is my belief that we should pull the absolutely most audacious rants and highlight them in a special thread to celebrate the occasion. We also should have a competition to determine which one of you cheeky lot is the best at wittily responding to the uncouth simpletons who grace this thread. The 20th anniversary thread will be similar to the "This is Your Life" show with that Michael Aspel fellow with a voting twist except about the irate visitors and our gloriously snarky regulars instead of one person. It would be an absolutely marvelous way to unify and lightheartedly look back on how the DeathList has stood strong, no matter what challenges this site has had to face in the past. Who is with me in wanting to make the 20th anniversary of the irate visitors thread a magical moment for the ages? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

Good evening all you ghouls and gals, I am not here to give my yearly social engagement suggestion yet. Instead, I am wondering how exactly we will celebrate the 20th birthday of this thread in March. It is my belief that we should pull the absolutely most audacious rants and highlight them in a special thread to celebrate the occasion. We also should have a competition to determine which one of you cheeky lot is the best at wittily responding to the uncouth simpletons who grace this thread. The 20th anniversary thread will be similar to the "This is Your Life" show with that Michael Aspel fellow with a voting twist except about the irate visitors and our gloriously snarky regulars instead of one person. It would be an absolutely marvelous way to unify and lightheartedly look back on how the DeathList has stood strong, no matter what challenges this site has had to face in the past. Who is with me in wanting to make the 20th anniversary of the irate visitors thread a magical moment for the ages? 

Who is ‘we’? Who are you? You don’t get to click on ‘create account’ and start saying ‘we’.

SC

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Who is ‘we’? Who are you? You don’t get to click on ‘create account’ and start saying ‘we’.

SC

We as in people who read my post who would be interested in this idea, I am one person, thank you very much. 

Someone who truly believes in the vision and potential of the DeathList and wants to spread positivity and merriment. I want this site to inspire people and be a force for change in the world, as well as a joyfully good time.

7 minutes ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

We as in people who read my post who would be interested in this idea, I am one person, thank you very much. 

Someone who truly believes in the vision and potential of the DeathList and wants to spread positivity and merriment. I want this site to inspire people and be a force for change in the world, as well as a joyfully good time.

That's great...what positive change in the world do you think Deathlist dot net can inspire and enact?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, TQR said:

That's great...what positive change in the world do you think Deathlist dot net can inspire and enact?

image.png.b5a06429ef72b07f131afe3bc5a69bb8.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TQR said:

I'm glad you ask, you distinguished fellow. The DeathList can truly make a monumental impact by allowing us to find inspiration and courage from different iconic celebrities. We can come together to wish them well through different health crises that they may have. In addition, it allows us to stop needless discord by reflecting on our own mortality and making important changes in our lives. We could turn ourselves into the morbid version of Jezebel or HelloGiggles, staying true to our mission while making people reflect.

Also, as a patriotic American who is also a self-admitted Anglophile, the DeathList can be a place where our different cultures interact and our membership realizes our commonalities. You Brits are indubitably cultured and intellectual, and I think there is a lot that we can learn from that while also teaching you all the more relaxed and laissez-faire way we live. I can basically be the cultural version of Jane Hartley while you all could be the selfsame version of Dame Karen Pierce.

I appreciate how much Mr. Cooley stans the gays, this is truly appreciated and validating. One way I believe the DeathList could reiterate the message is by having a thread for all of the LGBTQIA2SABCD+++ community DeathListers to be able to gather together and plan ways to ensure the deadpool community knows we are not standing down. Plus the Grim Reaper logo needs to become rainbow colored and sing Barbra Streisand classics if you click on it during Pride Month. Representatives of the DeathList could also walk in British Pride Parades wearing rainbow merchandise to show how they care.

5 minutes ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

I appreciate how much Mr. Cooley stans the gays, this is truly appreciated and validating. One way I believe the DeathList could reiterate the message is by having a thread for all of the LGBTQIA2SABCD+++ community DeathListers to be able to gather together and plan ways to ensure the deadpool community knows we are not standing down. Plus the Grim Reaper logo needs to become rainbow colored and sing Barbra Streisand classics if you click on it during Pride Month. Representatives of the DeathList could also walk in British Pride Parades wearing rainbow merchandise to show how they care.

Good news! The LGBT+ community was well-represented on the DeathList in the 80s and 90s.

Bad news! It was because we were dying.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

One way I believe the DeathList could reiterate the message is by having a thread for all of the LGBTQIA2SABCD+++ community DeathListers to be able to gather together and plan ways to ensure the deadpool community knows we are not standing down.

Is that really necessary? I have the impression that us straight folks are a small minority here. :D

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Good news! The LGBT+ community was well-represented on the DeathList in the 80s and 90s.

Bad news! It was because we were dying.

That is terrible yet hilarious at the same time.

7 minutes ago, InnovationIsMySpeciality said:

terrible yet hilarious

Well, you've managed the first bit of that. Best of luck on your quest to achieve the second.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Is that really necessary? I have the impression that us straight folks are a small minority here. :D

Look, I don't have a problem with the straights, at the end of the day, how these straight people choose to live their lives behind closed doors is up to them, just so long as it's not in all our faces.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

This thread went in a direction that probably wasn’t anticipated by the @The Yeti

Not only is Manda the Dragon posting pointless threads they invaded my inbox with that James the Murderfox thing.

Go away.

• Like 1

I banned them outright. Clearly not going to use this site in good faith.

• Thanks 10

I don't know who this person is but I've just opened the site and been greeted with this, I'm not clicking on the link for obvious reasons. I know this user has now been banned and it's probably nothing but I'm seriously concerned about this. 

• Like 2