Spade_Cooley

Internet Celebrities

Popular Central New York-based singer and vlogger Hannah Stone is dead at age 16.  Stone died of an apparent suicide on Wednesday, Nov. 1, after taking a month-long break from social media in October. Additional details were not available, but one of her final tweets said "I'll never be able to describe how sorry I am."   She was less than two weeks shy of her 17th birthday.

Stone was a rising star on social media, with more than 375,000 followers on live video streaming site YouNow, where she posted vlogs and performed covers of songs by artists like Justin Bieber, Sam Smith, Ruth B and Lana Del Rey. She also had 25,000 fans -- also known as "Fannahs" -- on Twitter and another 65,000 on Instagram.
SC

Suprised this wasn't posted but this is from about 2 weeks ago: 

:pop:

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Suprised this wasn't posted but this is from about 2 weeks ago: 

Interesting. Not a death sentence yet but Daisy Berkowitz also made my list after his chemo regimen had to be changed. Pretty much 12 months ago.

Thing is, will he get an obit?

3 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Thing is, will he get an obit?

100% if we can get the IBTimes as a qualifying obit. :lol:

On a serious note, his health woes have been covered by the Beeb.

Easily has enough of an e-presence (2m Youtube subscribers, a sturdy Wiki article, and apparently is a controversial figure in gaming reviewer communities) to cruise to an obit in any of the most social media-friendly QO sources (Mail/Mirror/Sun/Newsbeat).

Yeah definitely one of those YouTubers sure to get a obit, maybe not as big as Pewdiepie but influenced alot of gaming channels.

I've always thought that his Achilles Heel.  I vote no.  I mean I won't have him on my team(s), as evidence of my vote.  Good luck for those who believe he will.  That may change if articles are written as he closes in on death (or is it vice versa?).

SC 

5 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Charles Green, better known as Angry Grandpa, has died aged 67. His Youtube had 3.4 million subscribers and he had 270k followers on Twitter.

Had him on my longlist but I was unsure on where to use him. 

Was still on my main team shortlist at time of death, but if I'm being completely honest I think he would've ended up a B-team name had he made the new year. (oh, and Deathrace too, it was "timer's on" mode once he started using a nasal cannula)

Was a B-team candidate. Very likely on it.

Edit: Scary how we are competing. Makes me wonder if I'll have any uniques at all (they're overrated - but oh so satisfying.).

So... not the Rangers guy?

:P

Sad he has died.Funny channel.Cant believe he was only 67.Thought he would have been at least 80.

Had no idea he was ill,but  was slated for one of my theme teams of DDP 2018

Ahhh this is where it was posted.... Sorry SC.

Anyhoo, not dead but one for the watching as his 'career' is fucked and he's a numbnut, DrDisrespect fucked up.

Aisling McDermott died this week at the age of 46. She had lived with multiple sclerosis for two decades.

Along with her sister Kirstie, she co-founded Beaut.ie in 2006. One of the first beauty websites of its kind in Ireland, it paved the way for the thriving beauty blogging scene in Ireland today.

SC

On live camera, Aaron Traywick injected himself with a highly experimental, never-before-tested, gene-altering herpes treatment made by his own company: Ascendance Biomedical, a 20-person, largely self-funded biotech startup.  Traywick, Ascendance’s CEO, says his goal is to get potentially life-saving treatments out of the lab and into patients’ hands faster than pharmaceutical companies can. By making himself a public guinea pig for the company’s herpes cure — he caught the disease five years ago from a partner — he said he’s promoting transparency in science.
SC

• Confused 1

Richard ' lowtax ' kyanka founder and owner of something awful website, has some sort of disease . Everyone seems to say its serious and he's dying yet I can't seem to find out exactly what his illness is. He posted in late Jan about his neck falling apart???

https://mobile.twitter.com/richard_kyanka/status/957048546636828678

• Like 1