Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

People Who You Forgot Were Dead

Apropos of someone going "I bet Reg Hollis and Tosh Lines would have had this shit sorted out by Saturday night" during the riots, I was like "Man, I wonder what Kevin Lloyd is up to these days." A brief Google reminded me that he's actually been dead for over a decade and died a week after being fired from The Bill.

Similarly, my brain is never able to process the fact that Les Sealey is dead and about twice a season I ask someone "Where's Les Sealey these days, goalkeeper coach somewhere yeah?"

For a long time I kept forgetting that John Thaw was dead as he died when I was living overseas and not reading English newspapers. The same thing happened with Barry Took.

Similarly, my brain is never able to process the fact that Les Sealey is dead and about twice a season I ask someone "Where's Les Sealey these days, goalkeeper coach somewhere yeah?"

Certainly Les Sealey - I look at those that played in the 1988 Simod Cup Final and find it hard to reconcile that he is dead. Likewise Sealey's team-mate at Luton Town, David Preece.

I watched Bread on TV the other day - I thought to myself, they've done well - only one dead (Waller), completely forgetting Gilly Coman is gone. Likewise on the subject of actresses who died young, Charlotte Coleman.

I forgot betty page was dead, i remember a couple of years back thinking i wonder when she died and to my amazement she was actually alive, then a few months later she was dead.

:birthday:

And i also forgot Bill Waddington Alias Percy Sugden was dead... just as well his family remember :party:

While doing some research for a new DDP feature, I had no idea that Olympic champion "Bullet" Bob Hayes was dead...

While shopping at my local quik-e-mart, gazing longingly in the freezer section at forbidden goodies like haagen-dazs and Ben and Jerry's, my peripheral vision espied a Linda McCartney Vegetarian Lasagne.

I'd forgotten she'd ever lived, let alone had died.

Certainly Les Sealey - I look at those that played in the 1988 Simod Cup Final and find it hard to reconcile that he is dead. Likewise Sealey's team-mate at Luton Town, David Preece.

I watched Bread on TV the other day - I thought to myself, they've done well - only one dead (Waller), completely forgetting Gilly Coman is gone. Likewise on the subject of actresses who died young, Charlotte Coleman.

Why on earth would you want to do that? I was reading some of my old tweets and had completely forgotten Blake Edwards was dead.

Guest Shucky Ducky

Peter O Toole

Ah yes, the I'd forgotten they were dead, thread. So, if some shameless post whore gratuitously drags it back to the top we can refresh it with a few names of people - believed alive - who are, surprisingly, dead.

Every so often I find myself wondering "I wonder if the guy who played David Crosbie in Brookie is still alive?" and then remember on seeing his imdb profile that he died 4 years ago and I probably already knew that.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0121308/

Is there a thread for "don't knows" ?

Connie Converse has been on my radar for a few years, but fuck all about her since she bolted 40 years ago.

Back in focus recently but nowt/Nada/zip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29258982

• Like 1

Vincent Schiavelli.

Which sort of makes sense, he was in everything, then suddenly died in his 50s. Every so often I keep thinking "What's he up to these days?" only to remember he's dead again.

Connie Converse has been on my radar for a few years, but fuck all about her since she bolted 40 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-29258982

Yes. Connie would be a great addition to the Missing in Action thread

• Like 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-29258982

I was reading about her on websleuths recently funnily enough. I think she probably died not long after she went missing but then who knows. There is a missing persons thread which includes the likes of the possibly still living like Bambi Woods and Licorice McKechnie.

Regarding the original topic, Julie London is someone I didn't know had died until a few years after the fact and only remembered again recently when I heard Fly me to the Moon playing somewhere.

Edit - I see DDT and I were having a great minds think alike moment there.

Shit wrong thread, but I find it hard to believe that "pop duo sensation" Jedward are still alive!.....Still at least I discovered their act has been dead for years recently.... :puke:

Was just doing a bit of reading over on my Corrie longlist for The Deathlist Cup, and it took me about 10 minutes to work out why Stephen Hancock's name wasn't on it.

"What happened to that Laura Branigan? I used to have a poster of her when I was ages with you. How about I- oh..."

—Clorox Senior, every single time he hears Gloria

Today would have been her 66th birthday. :party::angely:

• Like 2

Was never bothered about Gloria. Self Control however is still on my playlist.

• Like 1

I briefly forgot that Meat Loaf was dead earlier today.

I often forget that Gene Kelly is dead.