little sister

Photographers

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sister of ex- Dr Who showrunner Dennis Spooner? Born 4 years apart in Tottenham by looks of it.  Calling Dr @Cat O'Falk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, msc said:

Sister of ex- Dr Who showrunner Dennis Spooner? Born 4 years apart in Tottenham by looks of it.  Calling Dr @Cat O'Falk.

:lol: No, I don't think so. It seems Doreen's parents are Horace L (Leonard?) Spooner and Ada E Tribe whilst Dennis' parents are Thomas G Spooner and Lily F Brinkley.

• Thanks 2

German professional photographer and film director Peter Lindbergh, who is recognized for his signature cinematic imagery, dead at 74 years.

He was one of the first photographers to shoot supermodels in black and white for impact.

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/leute/er-lichtete-alle-ganz-grossen-ab-deutscher-starfotograf-peter-lindbergh-74-tot-64410872.bild.html

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

32 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

German professional photographer and film director Peter Lindbergh, who is recognized for his signature cinematic imagery, dead at 74 years.

He was one of the first photographers to shoot supermodels in black and white for impact.

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/leute/er-lichtete-alle-ganz-grossen-ab-deutscher-starfotograf-peter-lindbergh-74-tot-64410872.bild.html

:clivedunn:

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Charlie Cole, who took the "famous" pictures of the Tiananmen Square uprising is dead at 64:

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/tiananmen-square-photographer-behind-iconic-tank-man-shot-passes-away-at-64-2307969.html

Theres only one famous photo.  He either took it or he was equal to a tourist.

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Theres only one famous photo.  He either took it or he was equal to a tourist.

No,there are many versions of the Tank Man photo. The most used one was taken by AP Jeff Widener.  Stuart Franklin and Charlie Cole were on the same balcony. Cole was able to retrieve the roll of film with the photos though the Chinese government (then led by late Comrade Li Peng) forced him to destroy other two rolls. There is also video footage of the event by ABC cameraman Willie Phua.

6 hours ago, drol said:

Cole was able to retrieve the roll of film with the photos though the Chinese government (then led by late Comrade Li Peng) forced him to destroy other two rolls.

I hate to think .........

12 hours ago, Toast said:

I hate to think .........

It's a developing story

Terry O'Neill reported dead by his agency, age 81.

• Like 1

Harry Benson is 90 today. (deathlist worthy too, I think) 

09HARRY1-facebookJumbo.jpg

harry-benson-has-shot-it-all-body-image-1481579310.jpg

Alan Raia, an Army veteran whose 47-year tenure at Newsday included roles in Pulitzer Prize-winning projects, died in his sleep on Sunday. He was 85.

SC

A former British press photographer Peter Price has died it has been revealed on social media.

Lots of his photos seem football orientated although not all.Some good pictures linked to in tweet of Kenny Dalglish and a famous picture of a Manchester United fan being helped away by police after a dart was thrown in his eye.

Had a pretty good chance of making team until the late arrivals of Sultan Qaboos and John Lewis (where only the latter made my team anyways). These things happen though...

Said I'd be happy with a top 10 on my DDP return and I think Downing's passing puts my back up there.

• Like 1