little sister

Photographers

Looks like my moaning worked.....

Archictectural photographer Julius Shulman has died aged 98.

Surprisingly not picked in this years DDP.....

Almost though... he was one or two places away from making my team, but I figured that he wouldn't get a proper obit... I'll be interested to see if he does...

I'll be shocked if The Independent doesn't give him an obituary. It's a paper I buy every day and I'm always amazed at some of the people they give obituaries to e.g. they gave one to ufologist John A. Keel the other day.....

Yep, its perfect for lining the Budgie cage with.

Soft, strong and very absorbent.

A Daily Mail (gutter media) man yourself?

Oh no!!

Im a Sun reader.

Cant you tell?

I overestimated you....

At least you can look down your nose at the News of the World/Daily Star readers....

The level of someones intelligence and acumen should never be measured against whether they are Broadsheet or Tabloid.

I don't think "Ooooo what's Victoria Beckham been wearing this week?" or "What has Prince Harry done wrong now" qualify as being intellectual

Nor me.

Does that make me as intelligent as you?

• Like 1

Corinne Day, 44, fashion photographer who made Kate Moss famous, is suffering from a brain tumour.

Photographer Martin Elliot has died after a 10 year battle against cancer, aged 63.

Not the most familiar name, but there can't be many people in the western world (or at least the UK) who aren't familiar with (at least some of) his work.

Brian Duffy

The fashion photographer and film producer, who helped document the swinging sixties and was a member of the so called "terrible trio" with David Bailey and Terence Donovan, has died at the age of 76. He was also responsible many album covers, including this iconic one:

album-David-Bowie-Aladdin-Sane.jpg

Brian Duffy

The fashion photographer and film producer, who helped document the swinging sixties and was a member of the so called "terrible trio" with David Bailey and Terence Donovan, has died at the age of 76. He was also responsible many album covers, including this iconic one:

album-David-Bowie-Aladdin-Sane.jpg

Oh balls! I was hoping he'd last out the year as he was in me back pocket for 2011...

Barry Feinstein, who photographed album sleeves for Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Janis Joplin, Miles Davies, etc, etc, has died at the age of 80.

Pet Shop Boys photographer and video director Eric Watson died a few days ago.

Hard to know where to post this link but if we're fair to Linda she was a photographer. Anyway, the wood planted in memory of his late wife by Paul McCartney is suffering widespread death across its 100 acres.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/04/01/linda-mccartney-memorial-wood-destroyed-by-disease/?ncid=wsc-uk-travel-headline

Cornel Lucas died on 8th November and now has a suitable obituary, giving Lights, Camera, Action...Fin: A Rattly Score Of Cinematic Old Puffins a unique hit. Just nine or ten more in the next month and the title's mine, all mine.

To celebrate, here's a photo he took of some French bird.

lg_5887951_Brigitte_Bardot_3B_1955.jpg

To celebrate, here's a photo he took of some French bird.

lg_5887951_Brigitte_Bardot_3B_1955.jpg

By the by, that bird, being 78, be bloody good basic DL business.

regards,

Hein

There was a profile of US-American photographer/film-maker William Klein on BBC the other night.

He's 84, is looking a bit frail but shows no sign of slowing down. He's still working and was well enough (at time of shooting) to lead Alan Yentob around town.

Its still up on iPlayer if you're so inclined.

Italian photographer Willy Rizzo has died aged 84.He was the inspiration for Herge's papparazzo Walter Rizotto and was a friend of Jack Nicholson.

Speaking of Jimmy Hoffa as mentioned in the obituary, I often wonder if they will ever find out where he went and he was mentioned recently somewhere. Is he in the concrete or is he in the river? It would be miraculous if they found him after all these years.

Has decided to recreate Marilyn Monroe's last (naked) photoshoot. http://nymag.com/

Good old New York Magazine, trying to claim it's being artistic showing pictures of Lilo's boobs. It puts the photos in the "fashion" section, and says of the photographer Bert Stern, the same pre-vert who took the Monroe pics 130 years ago, that he "shot the photos on film rather than digitally, and told me he was interested in Lohan because he suspected "she had a lot more depth to her"."

Phwoar. Down boy. etc.

No more perving for Bert.

Lewis Morley has died aged 88.

If the name doesn't ring a bell, his most famous picture probably does - he took this:

H0027-L07328660.jpg

Lewis Morley has died aged 88.

If the name doesn't ring a bell, his most famous picture probably does - he took this:

H0027-L07328660.jpg

I had no idea Lewis Morely took that. I guess I had always assumed it was one of David Bailey's pics. No particular reason, just that his name always sprung to mind. Sad thing is, people probably recognise the photo more than the photographer.

Photojournalist Bill Eppridge, has run out of Life aged 75.

He's acknowledged as taking one of the 'greatest news photos of all time', that of Bobby Kennedy as he lay dying:

01_141404.jpg?w=380

Mirror spoprts photographer Monte Fresco has died aged 77. He took this rather famous photo...

Paul-Gascoigne-and-Vinnie-Jones-2894297.jpg

• Like 2