little sister

Photographers

1 hour ago, adrian0719 said:

Peter Beard's body discovered after going missing earlier this month.

I wonder how they will decide on a date of death.  I suppose an autopsy, and based on decay and decomposition? Might take awhile with the current circumstances. 

2 hours ago, adrian0719 said:

FUCK FUCK FUCK 
Damn...… Was the author of 'The End of the Game', one of my few favourite books ever.  EVER.  :(
Is about the building of the railroad in Kenya along the Tsavo River.  But it's about so much more than that.  Humanity meeting wildlife, first world meeting third world. Etc etc.  Book was a gift...I was maybe 20....I was fascinated with the photos and story and …. goddammit now Peter Beard's gone.  May we all continue to view the African continent and it's denizens as Peter Beard did.
RIP 
SirC

s-l500.jpg

6 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

I wonder how they will decide on a date of death.  I suppose an autopsy, and based on decay and decomposition? Might take awhile with the current circumstances. 

From family experience, it's the last day seen.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

On 19/04/2020 at 20:25, adrian0719 said:

This article now mentions him among the covid fatalitie

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This article now mentions him among the covid fatalitie

Not quite. The article says he's among recent deaths not caused by coronavirus but still relevant to New York culture.

14 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Not quite. The article says he's among recent deaths not caused by coronavirus but still relevant to New York culture.

I see. 

CCD34C5B-2ABA-4D44-B537-082E8E2AA062.jpeg

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/tributes-legendary-liverpool-photographer-who-18253309

Legendary Liverpool born photographer Bill Mealey has died with coronavirus aged 97.

He became friends with many of the stars he photographed including Paul McCartney, Cilla Black, Tommy Steele and Sammy Davis jnr. 

Jeff Jacobson, US photographer being reported dead on the Twittertradingfloor:

Let's enjoy probably his most startling image:

Jeff Jacobson (photographer) - Alchetron, the free social encyclopedia

• Like 1

American photographer and civil rights activist Matthew Herron.  Still active enough at 89 to be killed in a glider accident.

• Shocked 1

British documentary photographer Chris Killip has died aged 74. Famous for his portrayal of working class people & environs, notably in his In Flagrante book. 

He'd been suffering from lung cancer.

• Like 2

Marocco-born French photographer/photojournalist  Bruno Barbey has died aged 79 He covered numerous wars & conflict, but also documentary-style too.

bruno-barbey-photography-6.jpg?fit=1542%2C1000&ssl=1.See the source image

• Like 1

Times obituary (Paywall) for Peter Webb, possibly best known for photographing the Rolling Stones for the Sticky Fingers sessions, which negatives were lost and then later discovered: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/peter-webb-obituary-2t303n2sf

Peter Webb - The Rolling Stones, 'Sticky Fingers - Falling - Catawiki

He did go on to direct Paul McCartney's Give My Regards To Broad Street - I don't blame him, I do blame McCartney for the over-hype on what really was a terrible movie with some very good tunes.

Webb was the younger brother of Gareth Peirce - the lawyer who represented the Guildford Four and was portrayed by Emma Thompson on film in In The Name Of The Father - who is still very much alive and obitable.

• Like 1

David Bailey has been diagnosed with vascular dementia:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/sep/11/photographer-david-bailey-reveals-he-has-vascular-dementia

He's had it for three years and seems to have adjusted to it just fine. He says, he can go see a movie,then forget about it, and watch it again, after two years.

• Like 1

Nick Oza, a two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer who was known for an immersive style of photography, producing stark images of resilience and triumph in the face of natural and man-made adversity, has died. He was 57.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona-republic/2021/09/28/nick-oza-arizona-republic-photographer-and-pulitzer-prize-winner-dies/5893454001/

• Like 1

Photojournalist Tom Stoddart (link to bio) has died aged 68.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 12:00, time said:

Photojournalist Tom Stoddart (link to bio) has died aged 68.

Times obit for Stoddart

Big name from the '70s, Mick Rock dead at 72.

• Like 1