Grim Reaper

Forum Software Upgrade

Due some imminent changes on the servers at the hosting company, I will soon (in the next hour or so) be upgrading the forum software.

The forum will be offline (hopefully) for a short period while the upgrade gets done.

After that there might need to be some adjustments before its running smoothly again.

GR

• Like 1

Upgrade now done.

Clearly the banner needs a bit of work but hopefully it is basically working OK.

GR

Blinking heck - quite an amount of visual change However, I'm interested to know if you may further split the areas of discussion (currently three areas - the Forum, the 2011 Names and the extra curricular) into an extra range of three more group directed topics areas encompasing one for the dead, and one for the living who already have well constructed ongoing threads. Saving the forum for all the minor theme thread like death stuff and bringing in another section area that particularly builds on the various ongoing competitions, saving the extra curricular for all the other stuff that's not that death related.

Is there any way that my avatar can be restored to it's former glory?

It seems that this version only always one avatar whereas previously there people could have photos and an avatar. In the upgrade process it asked me to choose one of the other so I think the answer may be no. Its possible that the old image may still be stored somewhere. I'll investigate when I get the chance.

The edit quote option seems to be a bit non responsive even though it works ok when you track back to the index to see if the post really was updated as intended.On the whole, high-ish marks.

Blinking heck - quite an amount of visual change However, I'm interested to know if you may further split the areas of discussion (currently three areas - the Forum, the 2011 Names and the extra curricular) into an extra range of three more group directed topics areas encompasing one for the dead, and one for the living who already have well constructed ongoing threads. Saving the forum for all the minor theme thread like death stuff and bringing in another section area that particularly builds on the various ongoing competitions, saving the extra curricular for all the other stuff that's not that death related.

A lot of visual change, may take a bit of getting used to :unsure: . I like the option we have to 'Like' individual posts, I've often gone to do that on DL then realised it wasn't possible. I don't like that we can't see when we last logged in - although it may be I haven't found that yet, -I use that a lot the morning after imbibing a little too much. If I log into DL and see I was wibbling about at 2 a.m. I know to check my posts to see what crap I may have written and delete/edit accordingly. Whereas if I log in and see I haven't been on since the previous afternoon I let out a sigh of relief <_< .

The one constant in a sea of change....

has changed.

I hope I get used to it, but it seems glaringly bright compared with the old DL, and I haven't even started using it yet.

Makes the DDP look like something out of the Stone Age!

Must do something about that...

Bloody hell, this is a bit different. Thanks for the "like" button too. I was only half-serious - no need to have changed the entire format :86396961:

It looks fucking shit, nobody can deny it.

Someone should be demanding their money back.

• Like 3

Well the warning button works...

• Like 1

Bloody hell, this is a bit different. Thanks for the "like" button too. I was only half-serious - no need to have changed the entire format :86396961:

The 'like' button doesn't work sadly Bou,,seemingly I have exceeded my quota of 'likes' for today despite not having hit it before...

Same here. I tried to like your as it happens. Can you unapprove me?

Is this Facebook or what?

• Like 3

Nope, it's more like MoneySavingExpert and other more up-to-date forums / fora.

I belong to a really mainstream one which has bloody Facebook and Twitter link buttons on every post. Now that's bad.

• Like 1

As LG said, it will take some getting used to.

I see it has already attracted some old 'friends'...

• Like 2

The 'like' button doesn't work sadly Bou,,seemingly I have exceeded my quota of 'likes' for today despite not having hit it before...

Like button works now (I think) - there was a setting that says how many times people can use it each day which was et to nil - strange default setting

• Like 2

Same here. I tried to like your as it happens. Can you unapprove me?

Thanks Unapproved and approved, that works. Try my link over in the @what to do thread'. Previously we could just link it as a word but it's appearing full on to me as def leppard?

I managed to like it. Interesting about the links LG.

Edit doesn't work for me, I hit edit on a recent post to see what would happen and I get a blank screen, no info on the post (one of my own) I was trying to edit.

Works for me. Try one of mine.

Test edit.

edit by LG, yep, working now Bou

Edited by Boudicca
test

You can't track messages either, this was very important to Bou and myself. She has only certain online time due to looking after her wee boy and that means she gets online when she can and when she does she is on here, modding, I always knew she had read my messages, even if she couldn't reply for a while , because of the tracking and vice versa.