Grim Reaper

Forum Software Upgrade

Can we have a "don't like" button? And if I'm reading the "stuff you can do" bar correctly is that a Twitter symbol? Does this mean we can tweet our posts to the outside world?" :o That's a worry. I have no idea what some of those icons mean. What's "my media"?

It looks fucking shit, nobody can deny it.

Someone should be demanding their money back.

Dangerous LFN. It's like being on the wagon for months then popping in to the local for just a taste. Before you know it you've knocked back 10 pints and you're back at square one. Perhaps you would consider accompanying me for treatment at Deathaholics Anonymous, a counselling circle run by Star Crossed, assisted gamely by Tempus Fugit (chosen for their people skills and empathy). There're a few of us - Lady Di, Honez, Football Fan, Anubis. We sit around and tell stories of the "night we had a little peep" then saw some shit by notaguest and felt better again.

Anyway glad to see you reclaiming misery corner. Windsor's had it all to himself for too long.

• Like 2

It looks fucking shit, nobody can deny it.

Dangerous LFN. It's like being on the wagon for months then popping in to the local for just a taste. .

He hasn't exactly been gone.

I'm pretty sure some guest postings can be attributed to him.

Looks good

It seems that this version only always one avatar whereas previously there people could have photos and an avatar. In the upgrade process it asked me to choose one of the other so I think the answer may be no. Its possible that the old image may still be stored somewhere. I'll investigate when I get the chance.

I like the new style it did need a bit of an upgrade. I too like devondeathtrip would like to know if we can have moving avatars on this software?

I have added a new chat thing which is now part of the forum software. It's a free version so only allows 5 simultaneous users. Not sure if it's any good or not but can't argue with the price I guess!

It seems that this version only always one avatar whereas previously there people could have photos and an avatar. In the upgrade process it asked me to choose one of the other so I think the answer may be no. Its possible that the old image may still be stored somewhere. I'll investigate when I get the chance.

I like the new style it did need a bit of an upgrade. I too like devondeathtrip would like to know if we can have moving avatars on this software?

It appears that animated avatars are indeed no longer allowed by new forum software. There is no option to enable them (not at the moment anyway). That's progress for you... :blink:

Looks impressive and I can get used to the greater choices. Unlikely to post too many FB links, mind. Speaking of links, will this one take?

I'm a member of another forum that uses similar gear. It'll take a day or 2 to get used to it.

It looks ******* ****, nobody can deny it.

Like, where the heck have you been?

Guest Guest

It doesn't seem possible to post links properly since the upgrade.You know what I mean?

I gave that a go and managed it, and I'm not so nerdy as to replace my browser every fortnight.

What's with all this fuss...did this site used to look different, or summat?

It doesn't seem possible to post links properly since the upgrade.You know what I mean?

Dunno, if I try to link to the Dutch Wiki of Cas Spijkers, a Dutch TV cook who died last Saturday, I can insert a link without a hitch: http://nl.wikipedia....ki/Cas_Spijkers . Click the little addlinkl.jpg button and follow instructions from there.

I have some trouble using images in this post. Strange...

Anyway, I mean the picture of a mask with a teardrop.

regards,

Hein

Maybe guests aren't allowed to post?

Well, after over six years, I've waved goodbye to my avatar. I hope everyone likes my new one, Personally, I think it makes me look a lot younger.

• Like 1

Yeah, and I've got an avatar back. For a while there they vanished once you got to the lofty levels of brain death.

Comic sans looks even worse now :PAt least Monoclinic's not around to see it anymore.

Do I not like all this facebook and twitter and likes and dislikes malarkey, though. I remember when it were all green fields and rickets and the DL Festive 50 were written out on a nice sturdy sheet of foolscap... with a quill...

• Like 1

Am I the only person who is liking all the posts by people complaining about the like button?

And yes, DDT, your new avatar takes years off you!

Is there any way that my avatar can be restored to it's former glory?

Not sure how, but if you look up 888-333 - his/her avatar still moves.

OK I found a setting to switch animated avatars back on - I am not sure if it will restore lost animations. They may need to be re-uploaded...

I think I have backups of all the old avatars but no simple way to match them to users which isn't too helpful.

Edit: Actually I can track them down with some detective work but its a bit time consuming

• Like 1

There's that echo again. :P

Oops...Anechoic chamber restored

:D That feels much better.

OK I found a setting to switch animated avatars back on - I am not sure if it will restore lost animations. They may need to be re-uploaded...

I think I have backups of all the old avatars but no simple way to match them to users which isn't too helpful.

Edit: Actually I can track them down with some detective work but its a bit time consuming

Thanks GR. I'm much happier about the revamp now.