Grim Reaper

Forum Software Upgrade

The new version has a thing called Tags whereby posts can be classified according to a specific list of tags or (at the moment) anything can be entered.

Perhaps it might be useful to have things like tags like "General", "Death Possibilities", "Dead" etc to help classify postings in the main forum?

I think you have to edit the first post in a topic to be able to add a tag to an existing topic.

A dead tag would be good, as I don't think we've got the option anymore of indicating those who are already deceased with a :excl:.

I'll have a fiddle with the late Jimmy Savile, I don't imagine he'd mind much,

Sorry to moan, but it's annoying me - every time I click on a topic, it always takes me to the first post of that topic, even when I've clicked the blue circley bit to take me to the most recent unread. And when I click on View New Content, it only gives me four or five topics - I've been thinking it's been quite quiet on here, when in fact it's because I didn't realise topics had been posted in because that bit doesn't work properly for me. I don't like it :(

• Like 2

A dead tag would be good, as I don't think we've got the option anymore of indicating those who are already deceased with a :excl:.

I'll have a fiddle with the late Jimmy Savile, I don't imagine he'd mind much,

I can add a tag to a post if I made it but cant seem to do it on posts by other people. Maybe there is a setting I need to change somewhere.

Edit: Tags can now be edited by Mods and Admins regardless of who made the post

Further Edit: Damnit - it doesn't put the tag quite in the right place now that Topic Descriptions are back - It is supposed to appear in front of the Topic Title but I think the unsupported hack of Topic Descriptions messes it up.

Oh that looks good. Much better than the Justin Bieber one I had in mind when you said you'd like a music-related title.

ETA Thank you DDT for pointing out where the mod control panel button is. I've done mine and have itchy fingers. Would anyone else like a change?

And how come you can have c*nt in your sig, but I can't have f*ck in mine? Emily Dickinson would be gutted to have her work bowdlerised thusly.

Did we really fight the Swear Filter Wars for this?

Aw, LB I can't do much about that but would a new member-description cheer you up at all?

It's a mod privilege. I fought long and hard for it with one PM to DLHQ

ETA I've filled in the missing letter :)

Sorry to moan, but it's annoying me - every time I click on a topic, it always takes me to the first post of that topic, even when I've clicked the blue circley bit to take me to the most recent unread. And when I click on View New Content, it only gives me four or five topics - I've been thinking it's been quite quiet on here, when in fact it's because I didn't realise topics had been posted in because that bit doesn't work properly for me. I don't like it :(

OK I have changed it so the most recent posts now show first - makes more sense I guess

The posts are backwards and I can't figure out where I left off.

Ditto. Took me a while to realise I was reading backwards. :P

I still like the new look though.

Ditto. Took me a while to realise I was reading backwards. :P

I still like the new look though.

Not that it'll make much difference, but I fucking hate it. (Not the new upgrade) I preffered the old way.

OK I have changed it so the most recent posts now show first - makes more sense I guess

I have changed it back again now

Aw, LB I can't do much about that but would a new member-description cheer you up at all?

Oh, go on then!

I have changed it back again now

MBDp1.jpgMBDp2.jpg

MBDp3.jpg

MBDp5.jpg

MBDp6.jpg

MBDp8.jpg

• Like 1

header.gif

:(

On the right hand side of a topic it says 'last post by' and underneath that a time, hover over the time and the option to go to last post comes up, click that and it should take you to the last post. Can't help with the unread bit though, sorry.

I can only understand about half the posts in this thread, and I'm lying about that.

On the right hand side of a topic it says 'last post by' and underneath that a time, hover over the time and the option to go to last post comes up, click that and it should take you to the last post. Can't help with the unread bit though, sorry.

Update on this. I've had a play about and I think the reason the blue circle is taking you to the first post in a thread is because when the new update was installed it reset every member's account to not having read any posts at all. I marked 'all posts as read' in this forum and now when I click the blue circle it takes me to the last unread post. Hope that makes sense.

A minor word of warning that the hosting company is doing its upgrades from 11pm this evening. They suggest there should be no disruption but I guess there is a chance the whole site may go offline for a short while.

Just succeeded in posting in the chatroom. The first time in years since my Java/AOL combination rendered it impossible on the last software arrangement hereabouts. So...be seeing you!

I find that bit frustrating too. Although the site does load a lot quicker these days

I find that bit frustrating too. Although the site does load a lot quicker these days

Take Lady Grendel's advice. It worked for me:

Update on this. I've had a play about and I think the reason the blue circle is taking you to the first post in a thread is because when the new update was installed it reset every member's account to not having read any posts at all. I marked 'all posts as read' in this forum and now when I click the blue circle it takes me to the last unread post.

There used to be a "latest posts" feature on the old forum but this one just has a list called recent topics that doesn't seem to be the same thing. Is it possible to restore the latest posts click through?

Also, playing, as I am, with the stuff in the top thingy, what is special BBCode?

Also, playing, as I am, with the stuff in the top thingy, what is special BBCode?

When you click that button, you'll get a popup window, with which you can insert some special format thingies in your post, like horizontal rules, links to other posts or topics and some more stuff. Choose what you want from the drop-down box in the top left corner and follow the instructions.

regards,

Hein

When you click that button, you'll get a popup window, with which you can insert some special format thingies in your post, like horizontal rules, links to other posts or topics and some more stuff. Choose what you want from the drop-down box in the top left corner and follow the instructions.

regards,

Hein

how did you get the joker smiley you have next to zsa zsa gabor's name , I have had to resort to putting joker in brackets lol. The smiley's doesn't seem to show up for me in the edit signature part but maybe im not looking hard enough .

how did you get the joker smiley you have next to zsa zsa gabor's name , I have had to resort to putting joker in brackets lol. The smiley's doesn't seem to show up for me in the edit signature part but maybe im not looking hard enough .

My signature looks like this:

DDP 2011 team The Grey Horde:
Benedict XVI, Ronnie Biggs, [s]Willard Boyle[/s], Dick Bruna, Fidel Castro, John Demjanjuk, Bob Dole,
Zsa Zsa Gabor [img=http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/images/joker.gif], Vo Nguyen Giap, Michael Gorbachev,
Fabiola of Belgium, [s]Kim Jong-Il[/s], Michail Kalashnikov, Henry Kissinger, Helmut Kohl, Jean of Luxemburg,
Nelson Mandela, Oscar Niemeyer, Brian Wilson, Herman Wouk

As you see, I use the picture from the DDP site.

regards,

Hein