Achelous

Bovine Attacks

'Highly Aggressive' Bull Mounts Car, Attacks Woman in New Jersey
SC

Officers received reports of a bull on the loose in Mexico Tuesday morning after it escaped the Audrain Veterinary Clinic. The animal had a beef with responding agencies and rammed into a Mexico Department of Public Safety patrol car that was being used to help corral the bull. The cow more than grazed the car and caused some minor damage.
SC

87 year old Hilary Adair was attacked in January by a herd of 'berserk' cattle when she was walking her dog in the Sussex countryside; she died in hospital a week later a coroner's court heard this week.

Her death must lead to greater awareness of the dangers cows can pose, a coroner said at the inquest in Crawley on Friday.

Hilary Adair was knocked to the ground by Belted Galloway cows before being repeatedly trampled as she tried to get up on Linchmere Common in Sussex, on January 7. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7491269/Berserk-herd-cattle-trample-kill-woman.html

• Like 1

There are numerous recent reports bovine thuggery on the excellent Killer Cows website (required reading for those who take an interest in this sort of thing - although this thread was here first <_<)  

RECENT POSTS

Be careful out there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Achelous said:

There are numerous recent reports bovine thuggery on the excellent Killer Cows website (required reading for those who take an interest in this sort of thing - although this thread was here first <_<)  

RECENT POSTS

Be careful out there. 

I won't be cowed.  If a cow tries anything with me I'll make mincemeat out of them. 

1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

I won't be cowed.  If a cow tries anything with me I'll make mincemeat out of them. 

So that's why Achelous has lost his moderator status! :o:D

• Like 1

On 23/09/2019 at 16:06, msc said:

So that's why Achelous has lost his moderator status! :o:D

That and he kept letting off. 

Looks like the Bovine Attacks thread, as it pertains to British diary farmers, will be one for the archivist.

Scientists are genetically engineering male bovine to rid them of their dangerous horns.  Dairy cattle typically grow horns, which can injure farm workers, ramblers and dog walkers, so they are usually removed when the calf is young, in a process known as ‘debudding’.  As well as making the animal safer, dehorning also makes it easier to pack bulls into pens and trucks because horns take up space, but the process is extremely painful for the animal. 
SC

27 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Looks like the Bovine Attacks thread, as it pertains to British diary farmers, will be one for the archivist.

Scientists are genetically engineering male bovine to rid them of their dangerous horns.  Dairy cattle typically grow horns, which can injure farm workers, ramblers and dog walkers, so they are usually removed when the calf is young, in a process known as ‘debudding’.  As well as making the animal safer, dehorning also makes it easier to pack bulls into pens and trucks because horns take up space, but the process is extremely painful for the animal. 
SC

You do realise that almost all the bovines in the typical herd are cows, ie females?  The clue is in the term "dairy cattle".

Dairy means milk, something not produced by bulls.

Anyway deaths and injuries caused by cows are usually from trampling and crushing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

You do realise that almost all the bovines in the typical herd are cows, ie females?

Anyway deaths and injuries caused by cows are usually from trampling and crushing.

I didn't write the article you cunt.  I didn't make any 'statements' by posting it either.  I didn't 'realise' anything.  You are an absolute cunt.  Fuck off.  

19 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I didn't write the article you cunt.  I didn't make any 'statements' by posting it either.  I didn't 'realise' anything.  You are an absolute cunt.  Fuck off.  

I seem to have touched a nerve :P

• Haha 8

49 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Kudos Deathers, I spotted the prince phillip sock straight away, but this is a whole order of sleeping shills better, you've slipped here though.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Gonzalo Caballero, spanish matador and boyfriend of the king's niece, gored twice by bull and in serious condition:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/spanish-royals-bullfighting-boyfriend-gored-20568466

Serve the cunt right.  I trust his wedding tackle was severely damaged.  Hopefully it will all go septic and fall off.

The crowd demanded that despite not finishing the fight, Caballero should be "rewarded" with the traditional severed ear of the bull and this was done by another matador.  The ear, it is reported, was delivered to him whilst he was still in the bullring infirmary.

That is beyond disgusting. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Serve the cunt right.  I trust his wedding tackle was severely damaged.  Hopefully it will all go septic and fall off.

That is beyond disgusting. 

We were in Germany during the week after Diana died, so my recollection of events is translated from German local newspapers in the Black Forest. Anyhow, the day it came out the driver was drunk, all the Diana news was squashed to the side to make way for the days big story: a bullfighter got badly (mortally?) gored in a Spanish fight. The headline in big capitals, said: "Finally the bull wins!"

Well, stranger things have happened... 

• Haha 1

A Harrison, Nebraska man is dead after a bull-riding accident in Torrington on Saturday.  53-year-old Scott Fitz died after he was bucked off the bull and stepped on at the Goshen County Fairgrounds. Fitz was taken by ambulance to Community Hospital in Torrington where he was pronounced dead.

SC

9 hours ago, Pedro67 said:

I guess they didn't have herd immunity then.

• Haha 5

I wonder if they were filming Helicopter ER at the time.