Achelous

Bovine Attacks

Countryfile have been asked by the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme to draw up some rules of behaviour for those undertaking expeditions to reduce risks in encounters with animals - especially cattle.

Might calm this thread down a bit if they actually deliver.

Holidaymaker narrowly escapes with life after Northumberland trampling incident.

“People need to be made aware of the potential dangers of crossing a field of cows because they might not be as lucky as I was.”

At least visitors to this forum are aware of the threat within our midst.

• Like 1

A bull that got loose in Queens Tuesday morning died shortly after it was captured, police said.  The runaway bull, who escaped from a slaughterhouse, was spotted by the corner of Archer and Sutphin avenues at about 10:20 a.m.  The animal was cornered just over an hour later in the yard of a home on Marsden Street in South Jamaica, but then ran again. It was finally corralled and tranquilized in the backyard of a home at 115-43 158th St. around 12:30 p.m., police said.

SC

• Like 1

Pehlu Khan (55), a man attacked by vigilantes for allegedly smuggling cows, died at a hospital in Alwar district of Rajasthan on Monday.

A manhunt has been launched for the accused.

Pehlu Khan and four others, including his two sons, were beaten brutally on Saturday by villagers who suspected that they were smuggling cows. Sixteen persons were allegedly transporting 36 bovine animals illegally in six pick-up vans.

SC

• Like 1

Boy trampled by bull during a rodeo competition.  Looks like he will survive, this time.

SC

A teenager was beaten mercilessly by cow vigilantes in Ujjain on Saturday after he was allegedly found in possession of a cow tail.

Police, however, said the attackers were not part of any cow vigilante groups (???!!??) or associated with saffron outfits.

The 17-year-old boy was on his way to work when 8–10 people intercepted him near Gumandev temple and asked him where he had got the cow tail.  When he couldn’t give a satisfactory reply, they beat him up mercilessly, with belts, fists and kicks, alleging that he was a cow killer, despite the boy asking them to spare him.
SC

The Hall County (Nebraska) Sheriff's Department was called out to a car vs. cow accident on Highway 281, just south of Interstate 80 late Sunday night. Sgt. Jason Smith said the driver of the vehicle was uninjured, but the cow did die. The vehicle had to be towed away from the scene.

Then hours later around 3 a.m. Monday, the sheriff's department was called out again to another car vs. cow accident. It was in the same location as the earlier accident. Nobody was injured from the vehicle. Smith said the cow did get hurt but said it was up to the rancher on what action they would take in regards to the cow.

SC

Misleading title.  It's not about attacks BY bovine, but rather attack OF bovine., and their champions.
Deserved posting somewhere.
SC

Finally found this thread! Was afraid it actually got deleted or something. Have a great weekend. 

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Finally found this thread! Was afraid it actually got deleted or something. Have a great weekend. 

Hey TOL, I guess you can see what I meant about me 'championing' this thread.  I think it's fun to find a couple stories to add now and again.  Not a lot of assistance lol.
SC

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Hey TOL, I guess you can see what I meant about me 'championing' this thread.  I think it's fun to find a couple stories to add now and again.  Not a lot of assistance lol.
SC

If I ever come across something in Norway that is passable here,I will post it. :reading-glasses:

If cattle staged an armed takeover of the United States, South Dakota would be the place to start.

There are more cattle per person in South Dakota than in any other state according to calculations by the American Farm Bureau Federation.

If each South Dakotan was apportioned a share of all the state's cattle, we would have 4.6 head apiece.

It's a matter of when, not if.
SC

16 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If cattle staged an armed takeover of the United States, South Dakota would be the place to start.

There are more cattle per person in South Dakota than in any other state according to calculations by the American Farm Bureau Federation.

If each South Dakotan was apportioned a share of all the state's cattle, we would have 4.6 head apiece.

It's a matter of when, not if.
SC

Shhhhh. The aliens might get the idea to genetically modify the world`s cattle to become more intelligent than us. The SWHTF .......if they take over..... they do taster better than us though,, nothing can beat a good serloin steak with brains.

Not a bovine attack, but not an Animal Antic.  It's gotta go somewhere.

A bull belonging to Health Minister C. Vijaya Baskar died during a jallikkattu held at Thirunallur village near Illupur in the district on Sunday.

As many as 66 persons sustained injuries during the six-hour-long event, of whom 31 were referred to various government hospitals in Pudukottai and Tiruchi for advanced medical treatment.

Soon after the Minister’s bull, named Komban, hurtled out of the Vaadi Vaasal [entrance to the arena], it rammed a tree, suffering severe injuries to the head.

In the impact of the collision, the animal collapsed on the spot and died, much to the shock of spectators.

“My family could not digest the death of the animal, which had been cared for as if it were a member of our family,” Baskar said.

I don't want to be one of his family members then.
SC

Not a bovine attack -- but Danniel, the local holstein who measured as the tallest dairy cow in the world, has died.

Lost Coast Hay, the local feed company that cared for Danniel in his final years, shared the news on the its Facebook page yesterday.
Blossom, the dairy cow previously recognized by Guiness World Records as the tallest cow on earth, was measured 6-feet 2-inches tall before her death in 2015.  A Sequoia Park Zoo veterinarian confirmed in 2016 that Danniel was several inches taller than Blossom.  Lost Coast Hay offered to care for Danniel in 2016, after thee Sequoia Park Zoo — who was volunteering to care for the giant animal at that time — put out the word that feeding the 6-foot 4-inch, 2,300-pound dairy cow was straining its budget.

Mooooove over Blossom, there's a new 'tallest cow' in heaven.
:(
SC

4117e288b7381a3de27bf8d5bdec374b.jpg

• Like 1

A man came close to death Wednesday (July 4) in Tracy, California when he went to look at a car for sale parked on the street, and came face to face with an aggressive bull.

It was a pain King's time in the Army didn't prepare him for.  "I remember feeling the horn going through my right side and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground, close to a bush, and I crawled between the bush and the house and the bull stood over me and snorted for about 20 minutes," King told KTXL.  King said his memory is hazy, but he remembers being gored twice before someone stopped and honked his horn.

King said the doctor told him his belly fat saved him from even worse injury. A family member told him he had an angel there to make sure he didn't bleed to death.

SC

• Like 1

Chick-fil-A is offering free entrees to guests who show up to any of the fast food chain's 2,200 restaurants dressed like a cow. The promotion is being in conjunction with Chick-fil-A's 13th annual Cow Appreciation Day on Tuesday, July 10 (So we missed our chance). Cows have been featured in Chick-fil-A advertising for decades. They are often seen holding signs that read "Eat Mor Chikin," with the idea that encouraging people to eat chicken will stop them from eating beef.
SC

Dressed as a cow? Easy, just wear your own clothes and say you've come dressed as Melania/Hilary (delete as applicable for your own personal tastes)...

1 minute ago, msc said:

Dressed as a cow? Easy, just wear your own clothes and say you've come dressed as Melania/Hilary (delete as applicable for your own personal tastes)...

Thought you were a new poster for a minute there...

• Haha 1