Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Gary Speed

The Telegraph is reporting that he was "found hanged". Whether this was a Hutchencewank gone wrong or whether he just woke up and realised that he would have to deal with Craig Bellamy and Robert Earnshaw for the next three years of his life, idk.

[H]e just woke up and realised that he would have to deal with Craig Bellamy and Robert Earnshaw for the next three years of his life[...].

I can imagine one loses the will to live in such circumstances. There must have been other ways, though. Bloody murder to name one.

regards,

Hein

Don't know whether it might be cosmic coincidence, but considering there will be inevitable speculation over the reasons for Speed's tragic death, I learned the news shortly after watching Sherlock Holmes' "The Master Blackmailer" on ITV3... :unsure:

I don't know if this is the right topic, but former Wales International and Manager Gary Speed has passed away aged 42. Suspected suicide by hanging.

http://www.rte.ie/sp.../garyspeed.html

Edited by Magere Hein
Not quite. Post moved from "Footbal" topic.

If any mod wants to spin this off as its own thread, may I suggest "Breakneck Speed" as the sub-head?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

To talk about gary Speed in this thread is highly disrespectful at such a tragic time. He should have his own thread surely!

I don't think he warrants his own thread, however, if any other mod thinks otherwise, feel free to create it.

To talk about gary Speed in this thread is highly disrespectful at such a tragic time. He should have his own thread surely!

I had never heard of him until today. Looking at his stats he doesn't appear to be anything special.

Besides, this time tomorrow he'll probably be exposed as a paedo of something...

I had never heard of him until today. Looking at his stats he doesn't appear to be anything special.

Besides, this time tomorrow he'll probably be exposed as a paedo of something...

He is Wales' most capped outfield player of all time. Not sure how impressive that really is...

This is pretty creepy, in hindsight. How do you sit down and talk about Phil Jones's positional sense when, in your head, you've already decided you're going to off yourself within 12 hours?

This is pretty creepy, in hindsight. How do you sit down and talk about Phil Jones's positional sense when, in your head, you've already decided you're going to off yourself within 12 hours?

I imagine he had no idea at that point that he was going to off himself within 12 hours - spur of the moment job if you ask me.

I wonder if people realise it's ironic when they say they are lost for words (as Ryan Giggs did on hearing of Speed's demise).

Well, at least it makes a change from "devastated".

Oh wait -

Former Wales teammate Ryan Giggs said: "I am totally devastated"

1.gif

I think the lost pun in there was 'lost forwards'? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Just watched that video. As some who has chronic depression, and have been to be the point of overdose 3 times- it looks like classic depressive actions in that interview. The forced smile, the gripping of the chair halfway, the almost manic look at points. It's all hindsight of course.

R.I.P gary speed .

Just watched that video. As some who has chronic depression, and have been to be the point of overdose 3 times- it looks like classic depressive actions in that interview. The forced smile, the gripping of the chair halfway, the almost manic look at points. It's all hindsight of course.

Might be on the right track here. Nowt in the super soaraway Scum this morning to suggest massive gambling debts, women shacked up somewhere etc etc. Total shocker this one, as proven by the lack of even a unique pick on the DDP. So, we're talking frustration/pressure of work, eh?

A mate at work says there's a rumour that The Sun were poised to "out" Speed. In the week of the Leveson inquiry looking into the ethics of newspapers, if that story is true, that will not go down very well...

A mate at work says there's a rumour that The Sun were poised to "out" Speed.

Looking for something about this, I came across a Charlton Athletic forum and discovered this gem:

I wouldnt care if any cafc player or staff member was gay, they are part of our club and therefore we get behind them 200%

6.gif

I imagine he had no idea at that point that he was going to off himself within 12 hours - spur of the moment job if you ask me.

Yeah, especially if the rumours of what was about to happen were true.

Sad, shocking news. Saw him many times for Leeds. Top bloke and lovely off the pitch too. And while it may slightly bad timing to say such, he was well fit.

RIP to a Leeds legend leedsscarf.gif