Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Gary Speed

A mate at work says there's a rumour that The Sun were poised to "out" Speed. In the week of the Leveson inquiry looking into the ethics of newspapers, if that story is true, that will not go down very well...

That's the rumour I have heard as well

Other sources are saying The Star.

His Mrs has been tweeting some interesting quotations recently. I wonder if the reason lies closer to home.

5 Nov Sometimes we expect more from others because we’d be willing to do that much for them.

7 Nov It is better to look ahead & prepare than to look back & regret. -Jackie Joyner-Kersee

8 Nov Often in life the things that go wrong lead to the things that go right

12 Nov There are no mistakes in life, just lessons.

11 Nov If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't, nothing can make him stay. -Oprah

I saw a headline on teletext this afternoon, "World of football in a state of shock and disbelief".

For a minute, I thought Heskey had scored.

• Like 3

Guest Guest

I dont like the 'mope on a rope' sub heading.it may be superficially funny but it is a bit inappro priate in the tragic circumstances surely... :mellow:

So's a joke like...

What goes snap, crackle and plop in the morning?

GARY SPEED!!

So, mebbe I'll get me coat, eh?

That rumour was started by a 17-year-old on Twitter called @samyidroberts, who has now deleted his account. Of all the people in the world to get angry, Duncan Ferguson would be very very low down on my list.

Duncan Ferguson had an affair with Gary Speed's 13 year old wife!!!

Oh, wait a minute, now I get it.

Coroner not convinced about suicide. Might've been an accident. http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-16760925

How can you accidentially hang yourself?

An overdose, sure - a cry for help gone wrong, but hanging?

EDIT: Just seen the BBC report. I'm not overly convinced by Mrs Speed's evidence, I must say... :unsure:

Coroner not convinced about suicide. Might've been an accident. http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-16760925

How can you accidentially hang yourself?

An overdose, sure - a cry for help gone wrong, but hanging?

EDIT: Just seen the BBC report. I'm not overly convinced by Mrs Speed's evidence, I must say... :unsure:

Looks like suicide to me. His text messages to his wife implying that he wanted to take his own life.

The "moving forward" bit could have just implied that his wife should move forward without him.

Ok so there's not a "by the time you read this, I'll be dead" letter, but he went to the shed and hanged himself.

If it was a real cry for help, he'd have done it in the house in the hopes that someone would find him in time.

Ok so there's not a "by the time you read this, I'll be dead" letter.

Apparently not. I wouldn't rule it out 100% though.

I fail to see how you can accidentally fit a noose round your neck.

The only way it could be deemed accidental is if he was found over a puddle of his own spunk...

Just a thought, mind. Mrs Speed is the main witness, they had a row after a dinner party she went for a drive to "clear my head" and - apparently - fell asleep in the car when she got back. On waking she found him hanging in the garage. So, nobody was indoors looking after their two kids, then.

Were they, like, up to some involved games in the garage when he did slip, at which point her presence of mind took into account the possible fall-out. How many of us have cleared our head in the car and fallen asleep at the wheel just after carefully parking at home. I mean, she'd at least have woken up for a wee in the middle of the night, right?

Just a thought, mind. Mrs Speed is the main witness, they had a row after a dinner party she went for a drive to "clear my head" and - apparently - fell asleep in the car when she got back. On waking she found him hanging in the garage. So, nobody was indoors looking after their two kids, then.

Were they, like, up to some involved games in the garage when he did slip, at which point her presence of mind took into account the possible fall-out. How many of us have cleared our head in the car and fallen asleep at the wheel just after carefully parking at home. I mean, she'd at least have woken up for a wee in the middle of the night, right?

Perhaps she assumed he was in the house looking after the kids. But then again if she had already gone out, why would he think, "oh the kids are ok on their own. I'll just nip out and hang myself. I'm sure the wife would be back soon"

And another thing. If she was sober enough to drive, why would they bother with a taxi home?

And, and, I do believe she said that she couldn't remember what they argued about - BOLLOCKS. All women know EXACTLY what they argue about with their husbands and when, so that we can constantly refer back to it for the next 40 years of married life - 'REMEMBER THAT TIME YOU PUT BLACK SOCKS IN THE WHITE WASHING IN 1978 YOU BASTARD!'.......

• Like 1

And, and, I do believe she said that she couldn't remember what they argued about - BOLLOCKS. All women know EXACTLY what they argue about with their husbands and when, so that we can constantly refer back to it for the next 40 years of married life - 'REMEMBER THAT TIME YOU PUT BLACK SOCKS IN THE WHITE WASHING IN 1978 YOU BASTARD!'.......

The same is true for women vis-a-vis people they share their bed with without being married, a habit I never learned to cope with. Mrs S. is telling porkies or not, as the case may be, but she's certainly not telling the whole truth.

regards,

Hein

Also, women are always with the yap-yap-yapping, am I right guys?

Yeh, we have to do that over and over because you NEVER FUCKING LISTEN :lol:

WHUT?

regards,

Hein

If you started a sentence off with "Beer, Football or Sex" then you'd always get our attention.... maybe not beyond those 4 words, but we'd be showing some awareness that you're actually in the room!