Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2012

obit for Bob Holness

Not sure how many teams had him on their list.

By my calculations, 7 teams...

One of those teams being me. Give up now, losers - the trophy is mine :D

Long time lurker, first time enterer.

Hoping my team got in !

If not, I will be keeping notes on any time I notice someone looking frail on tv.

Congratulations to The Man In Black for his hard work.

Hoping my team got in !

If not, I will be keeping notes on any time I notice someone looking frail on tv.

What's the team name?

Actually, here's a list of the teams that have been registered:

Regulars:

"18 Whiskies, I Think That's The Record." 1 Dead In Ohio It's Grim Up North 20 Celebrities, Sitting On A Wall, If 1 Got Shot........ "I Am Spartacus" 2 Sick Not 2 Quit 5 Feet And 1 To Go 6feetunder Time To Make A Death List Aardvark's Bupa Listing Abracadaver The Frog Chorus Al Andar Muerto Alfred Lord Heinous Alison The Assassin Ambledown And My Name Is Larry! Annus Horribilis The Pelican People Who Will Die Before Abe Vigoda Are You Still Dying, Darling? Marc’s Sparks Croaky 'arry-Kiri Ash Cream A Taste Of Thursday Afternoon Baz & Barry's Burial Bonanza Bazzilliant Toetag4u Bestie's Boys Betterdeadthanred Biologically Dead Bitter Violet Bladerunner See Ya...Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya! Time For The Cold To Kill Off The Old!!!! The Choir Invisibule It's Time To Kick The Bucket Bloody Dead Rep Completely Top Hatters The Bloc Breathless In Seattle Brown Bananas Brown Bread But I'm Not Dead Yet Buzzards Bxboy422 Caedmon's Croakers The Canadian Cadaver Dogs Cap'n Ohtz Carkers Convention 2012 Carne And Sarne, Plus Eighteen Chelski Pensioners V C.A.Daver Circling The Drain Coffinitup Coffin Fit Dirty Rotten Spunkers Come Die With Me Crazycarl Criptkicker2 Croaker D'Eath And The Prognosticators The Deadly Rhythm Crofty's Coffin Crew The Don Mors Certa Crossing The Styx Big Mo Gaddafi's Empty Dressing Up Box Daniel Faraday's Notebook Massive Bereavement Darling Did You Forget To Take A Breath? Dave's Bungalow Of Death Dave's Dead, Aye Dead Drunk DDP Tofoa Dead And Don't Know It Dead Space 5000 Dead And Dusted Dead Centre Of England Dead, Dead & Never Called Me Mother the_engineers Dead Enders Dead Ends Stone Dead Cert Biggiez Smallz The Good, The Bad and Cliff Richard Deader Than A Dead Thing Fin Deadfellas Deadly Deathwatch Dead Last Dead Right Drop Deadline Dead Loss Deadly As Sin Till You Win Warning - Dying Can Be Hazardous To Your Health Min Reaper Min Reaper's Reserves Deadpoolers Dead Spotters Dead Raccoon Death Is Not The End Black Penguins of Doom Death On The Rocks Pan Breed Death Stinks Again Death From Down Under Poker & Tetas Killjoy Extravaganza Necronomicon † Death By Hemeloids Death Can Be Funny Deathglam Industries Deathlist.net Deathpig Death Stalks United Deceased Hose Dethdefying Died In The Wool Better Them than Us! Body Snatcher's Body-count Die Now....Die Now....Show Us You've Pegged Phantom's Pick 'n' Mix Diepod Shuffle Diet Of Worms Food For Worms Don't Eat The Figs Doornails R Us Drop Dead Celebration Dr Shipman's Waiting Room Hangman's XX Drunkasaskunk Address Unknown Eejit Embalmy Army Rotting Kanzlerin "Emergency, Which Death Please..." Enjoy Yourself, It's Later Than You Think The World Ends This Year Anyways Erith Sickos Eternity Tours Ethnic Cleansing Exit Stage Left Expiry Date 2012 Falling Off The Perch The Old Ones are the Pests Feng Shui Pig Final Curtain Finbarr Returns From The Dead Failures Mark II First You're Born, Life Is Hard, Then You Die Team Pushing Daisies David Quantick's Showbiz Pals Knock, Knock, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door Former Scream Star The Forrest Lawn Jockeys Lights Out! Guess Who's Dead? Four Horsemen Of The Magic Roundabout Freddie The Cat Fuck 'Em All Funeral Holmes Garf Wants You To Die Gary Glitter's Ghoulies Gawn. . .dead. . .planted I Absolutely Despise Adam Wood George Lass and the Gravelings Professor Sicko Billy Graham Must Die Girlfriend In A Coma Snuff’s enough Going Green Going Underground Goners 2012 Green Machine Grendel's Graveyard Grim McGraw Grobler's Stiff Ones Guild Of Master Reapers Gwynhafyr H5N1 20 Dirty Rotters Time they went to sleep forever HackinNcackin' Happy No Year Live Forever with Line 5 Hardwood Surround Harry Patch's Love Child Researched To Death Heads In A Bag You're Dead Now, So Shut Up! Here Today, Gone Tomorrow? Hide & Go Die Peter Pan Complex Hunting Halos I Drink Your Milkshake Stick That In Your Corpse And Smoke It Hippoposthumous If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course I'll Get The Oven On Illinois Reaper Beater 6.0 I'll Pick 'Em Till They Croak I'll Sleep When You're Dead I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here Inigo, I Hope We Win Insert Name Here Italian Grim Reaper I Think We're Alone Now I Told You I Was Ill It's Life Jim, But Not As We Know It Jellydead LARD Jesus Jones Jill Dando's Cat The Tartan Flatliners Bongo In A Box Jim's Deadbeats JoeRam Juicy Janny Jump the Shark 3.0 The Other Side Of Sunday Scarborough's Slanted Succumbed Just Die Will You Keeper Of The Heads Kennedy Driving School Knowing My Luck I'll Reincarnate as a Mayfly! They're Loving Angels Instead Lard Bazaar Last Train To Palookaville Laughter Kills Tarkinator Lead, Follow and Die This Year Squanto’s Revenge Les Trompettes De La Mort Let Us Embalm You Faster Than A Dead Horse Lidder's Late Lamentables Lived So Let's Die Living In A Box Just Give me a Cance.....The Dead C's Scrots If living is without you Lord Football's Death Certificate Certainties Lord Gravedigger There's a Shiva in the Park Dead is Dead Luck Of The Dead Debbie's Deadbeats Mad Maureen Madonna's Hand of Bod Weakend At Bernies Marina Predicts Your Demise! Composition Of Death Mave's Graves Misers Miss Creant Misslucky Death Nebula 3001: Who will Be the Last Standing Moldy Oldies Morbid United FC I’m not stiff it’s just Mourning Glory Moribold Krakatoa’s Playhour Mourning Glory Mr C Mr & Mrs Drummerboy Mr. Yuck Naked Florida Gravediggers Nil By Mouth Ninja Zombies Rule! Noah Reason And The Youth In Asia Nobody Gets Out Of Here Alive .....Norfolk & Good Norman Tebbit's Bicycle Club Pickett's Popped off Picks Northern Foxiles I shagged Hattie Jacques' Corpse Norwegian Blue Not At All Well The Celebrity Undertaker The Lovegrove Tango Uniform Now You're Gone...Can I Have Your Xbox? Noz4news Obituarynotice Unexpected, but who knows Octopus of Odstock Oldham Gravediggers Society Old People Smell Of Piss Ollie's Monking Hitlist One Bar Gas Fire And A Tin Of Dog Food One Scythe Fits All Only Fools & Corpses Open The Pearly Gates Over My Dead Body Partridge As Reaper Killed By Death People I Think Might Die In 2012 United Pickton's Pork Pies Plowing The Deep Pooil Vaaish Pool Ghoul PRFT Prunella Vulgaris 2012 Check Please Puzlman's Passing Picks Carrie In The Nidge Riding The Jesus Train Romancing The Headstone Life Zucks! ...And I Feel Fine! Rotters Brady's Childish Death Strike The Honey Trap Wake&Bake Say Hello To The Angels Say Hi To Uncle George Seven Seals and a Bowl of Mint Sauce Mike Oxard's Showbusiness 20 The Waiting List SeasideEssexXile Sexystf 2012 Sgt. Death's Groaning Hearts Club Band Shorter Of Breath, One Day Closer To Death Shovelful Of Dirt Sicilian Actuaries Snorkeling Sick Scouser In Black Song To The Siren Inquilinekea/Simfish Simpson's Stiffs Slave To The Grave Snort The Ashes Sometimes They Come Back Sorry God, I Thought You Were Kenny Rogers Soylent Dreams The Obnoxious Twenty Spongebob Ate My Hamster STAB_in_the_DARK Stairway To Heaven Star Dust Weed 'em and Reap Stephen Hawking's Football Boots The Woman in Black Stiffer Steaks - 2012 Stiff Little Fingers Stiffs R Us Stiff & the Tears GMC Ghost Town The Demon of Success Sweeney Todd's Nutritional Information Tazman's Hit List Team Cat AIDS Team John Thomas The Blonde Ballers Need a stiff drink Tentoesup Term Limits The Anfield Iron Dance On Your Grave The Beatles Are Dying In The Wrong Order The Blue And White Reaper The Caulkhead Coffin Kickers Tick Tock II The Conqueror Worm The Dead Certs Your time is up - See ya !! The Death Stars Oh Shit! I'm dead! Sporting a solemn look Not Sleeping Just Bloody Dead Trojan Hearse I need about tree fiddy! The End of the World As We Know It The Funky Faz's Morgue Of Merriment The Funeral Director 2012 The Grim Reapers Club... Members Only The Grateful Dead Ghouls In The Night The Grey Horde The Importance Of Being Urn-ish The Living End The Funky Faz's Crypt of Chortles The Long Awaited Return Of The Dorset Jury Down Like A Clown The Newstreet Boys Death Squad ThePoitouTeam The Unspiritualist The Voodoogurus The Vyrdolak The Worst Acronym Team Better You Than Me They All End Up Smelling The Same, Anyway They're Dead, Y'Know! This Mortal Coil Time's-Up Team Toasted Brown Bread Today's The Day The Maggots Have Their Picnic Yorkshire Crypt Kickers The Idiot Must Die Tomb It May Concern I Shall Need To Get The Black Out Johnny Helmet and the Akimbo's If I Win, I'll Buy Every DDP Contestant A Beer! Very Ill Turned Very Dead Blacksox Thatcher Must Die FFS! Wall Street Massacre Wayne Manor Sgt Reaper's Mouldy Heart, Clubbed Hand Welshman Wep 2.0 - World's Eternity Prophet Reloaded We’re All Gonna Die! Who Turned Out The Lights? @JonesEuro Wikipedia's Random Article Sarah Palin’s Death Panel Windsor The Troll Win One For The Dead Tim's Terminal Twenty Wormer, He's A Dead Man! Niedermier Dead! Marmalard Dead! Wot The Deuce X-Pyred You Can't Die If You're Already Dead, Darling You Could Have Waited, I've Just Put The Kettle On! You Must Be Croaking! You're Dead And You Know You Are You're Not Breathing Anymore Zombie Nation Zsa-Zsa-ah-ah-ah! Zsa-Zsa-Ooh-la-la! ZZ Topped

Theme teams:

Death In Italy, Maybe Hey Old Timers Bad People Sing Your Last Song For Me On A Mission To God This Is Your Death Iron Lacky Mummy & Deady Who’s Dead? Pop Goes The Pop Star The Politigones The Final Whistle Tick Tock You Can't See Me 6 Feet Under Windsor's OBE Last Trip To The John Kentucky Fried Genocide The Deathlist Re-visited Part 1/2 The Deathlist Re-visited Part 2/2 The Man In Black's "sad last days..." Rock and Rolled Gods Play School, Play Away, Play Dead Her Dead Highness The Degeneration Game David the Aspie She's A Goner Their Troubles Will (hopefully) Soon Be Over Carry On Up To The Crem! Death Speaks German Nobel Loserettes One Century Is Enough, Madam! Old Lags and Old Slags Staring Down The Barrel Dying For Some Points Going, going, gone Song Die-tles WWE Hall of Death Kicking Buckets Instead Of Balls Clog Poppers Finbarr Returns from the Dead stiffs Ne'er-Do-Wells! Now! That's What I Call Dying "Oh Ronnie, Where Art Thou..." Hit Me With Your Best Shot Can't Sleep, Clown Will Eat Them Radio Ga Ga Gone I Hear Voices Shake, Rattle, Roll Over and Play Dead Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel Gray Panthers Lights, Camera, Action...<i>FIN</i>: A Rattly Score of Cinematic Old Puffins The Pellet with the Poison's in the Flagon with the Dragon! Hell To The Chief in eternum+'s Wrinkly Dicks The Bedsoring '20s Minions of Xuleneb Try and Die The Wayne Wanklyn Select XX The Chris Benoit Memorial Crèche and Weight Room Dead Men Don't Need Season Tickets You have been living Grand Ole Opry XX Día de Muertos Going for Gold – the class of 1948 Old People Party Of 20 Write Your Own Obit, I’m Busy Breathing You're Not Acting Like Yourself Today -- Are You Dead? Ohio And Goodbye-O Alphabetti-Deathi Has Anyone Seen Mike Hunt? Premiership Legends Going The Way Of The Wall S*M*A*S*H*E*D What Goes Before The 5-0 Arrives? Evilies Perishing Kids Their Royal Deadness or O'Deary Leader Toast of the Turf It’s Death, Jim Punks, not dead Nervous Nineties Clathrate Gun Wretched Hive Of Scum & Villainy All Death Is Consolation The Crucible Collection Too Ugly To Live The Only Good Ranga is a Dead Ranga The Cardinals …And There Was Great Rejoicing Twenty Tons of Fun? They’ll die with their boots on, mostly Game Set Death Match Let's Dance (On Your Grave) This Old Heart Attack of Mine Dead Commons On The Box/In The Box The Pale Horseman’s Easy Riders Wishful Thinking ...and Its Goodnight From Him Roger and out We request a Premier League Funeral Glorious Leaders Golden Oldies! Morbid Midlands XX Gray Afternoons In Vain With Ms. Clandestine The Limo Driver? Cashier Number 82 please! Lt. Colonel Kilgore's Ultimate Surf Party See You In Heaven See You In Hell Hope I die before I get old Lady Gone Gone WWE can't find a pulse Califorewarned, Oregoners, Washingtons of Bodies Away Carry On Cremating A To Dead All the Good Country Singers are Already Dead Deadstock

If anyone thinks theirs isn't there, let me know...

Actually, here's a list of the teams that have been registered:

If I Win, I'll Buy Every DDP Contestant A Beer!

Well, there's my vote.

Guest going underground

TMIB

Please tell me 'Billy Graham must die' is the same guy as years gone by?

Lady Bird Johnson, Gerald Ford must die ect.

My favourite team i Iike to follow.

Great work btw.

TMIB

Please tell me 'Billy Graham must die' is the same guy as years gone by?

Lady Bird Johnson, Gerald Ford must die ect.

My favourite team i Iike to follow.

Great work btw.

Yeah it's the same guy.

Yeah figured it was. (stupid question really).

Bit of a slow start this year i reckon.

Ah...Gone are the days of picks like Claiborne Pell croaking on New Years day. The only time i ever led the DDP.

obit for Bob Holness

Not sure how many teams had him on their list.

He was in and out of my team more times than your left leg in the hokey cokey. He ended up as first reserve behind two or three real chancers - fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

He ended up as first reserve behind two or three real chancers - fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

Never heard of them...

• Like 1

I wanna know what everyone thinks about DDT's list. Think he'll be as tough this year?

Not a chance. I struggled a bit for ideas this year, so I doubt 2012 will be a vintage preformance. I'm a bit like the Ronnie O'Sullivan of deadpooling - unstoppable when it's going right, pretty average when it's going wrong :rolleyes: .

Anyway, here's my list. I'm hoping my joker will be a unique pick (probably no chance), is as ill as he says he is (possibly half a chance) and that he gets a UK obit (a pretty good chance). I'd also be very pleased if Joseph Kony gets shot to pieces.

A friend of mine sent in Xolile in too, so he won't be unique.

Turns out I was wrong, my friend took him out as the last second because he worried about obituary chances. Replaced him with Gregory Powell.

Hoping my team got in !

What's the team name?

"Song To The Siren"

I'm in, thanks = )

listening to the radio today, both Nelson Mandela and Stephen Hawking are described as "frail", neither on my team.

curses !

You don't get much frailer than Ariel Sharon and that frail fecker has been lingering for years.

You don't get much frailer than Ariel Sharon and that frail fecker has been lingering for years.

That's the trouble. They don't go out much and do silly things.

I've removed Mandela from my team, I think he's got a bit of time left. Sharon I tried a few years ago, but I threw him out soon. They can go on for years like that.

Hawking may be my mistake. I threw him out because he turned 70, thus rendering fewer points. But then, he should've been dead for decades, so perhaps he's immortal. An immortal wreck, now there's a depressing thought.

regards,

Hein

Turns out I was wrong, my friend took him out as the last second because he worried about obituary chances. Replaced him with Gregory Powell.

I've got both Xolile Mngeni and Gregory Powell.

Infinatley more worried about Powells obit than Xolile.

The Anni Dewani murder has been heavily publicized in the British Media. I am almost certain Mngeni will get an obit should he pass.

To be honest I thought Gregory Powell may have been a unique for me. gutted.

The Anni Dewani murder has been heavily publicized in the British Media. I am almost certain Mngeni will get an obit should he pass.

No way is he unique. A couple people have posted in this thread saying they have him, and I have him on my theme team.

No way is he unique. A couple people have posted in this thread saying they have him, and I have him on my theme team.

Yes ive establshed he isn't unique i said i thought he may have been unique.

So, not that he's worth much in terms of points, but is my Teddy Johnson pick unique? I'm guessing someone, somewhere, jumped on last year's unique but ultimately useless selection of Lianne Smith, though I have still kept faith with her thinking the suicide watch will gradually slow down.

Looks like I'll be relying on Reuters UK this year...

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

Yonni Barrios

Ronnie Biggs

Gary Carter

Yao Defen

Robert Dennerly

Michael Dokes

Robin Gibb

Lee Evans (athlete)

Annette Funicello

Geoffrey Hughes

Etta James

Bill Janklow

Penny Marshall

Rochus Misch

'King Robbo'

Joost van der Westhuizen (Joker)

Sid Watkins

Chris Woodhead

Ethan Zohn

Reuters obit for Bill Janklow

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

Yonni Barrios

Ronnie Biggs

Gary Carter

Yao Defen

Robert Dennerly

Michael Dokes

Robin Gibb

Lee Evans (athlete)

Annette Funicello

Geoffrey Hughes

Etta James

Bill Janklow

Penny Marshall

Rochus Misch

'King Robbo'

Sid Watkins

Chris Woodhead

Ethan Zohn

I think it needs to be a Reuters UK obit? I didn't pick him because I didn't think he'd get a proper obit, but I hope those who took the gamble get their reward.

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

Yonni Barrios

Ronnie Biggs

Gary Carter

Yao Defen

Robert Dennerly

Michael Dokes

Robin Gibb

Lee Evans (athlete)

Annette Funicello

Geoffrey Hughes

Etta James

Bill Janklow

Penny Marshall

Rochus Misch

'King Robbo'

Sid Watkins

Chris Woodhead

Ethan Zohn

I think it needs to be a Reuters UK obit? I didn't pick him because I didn't think he'd get a proper obit, but I hope those who took the gamble get their reward.

Now I see what's happened. I'm on the wife's laptop. She's got her's set to Reuters US as a default.

What about an obit by AP?

Reuters UK only. No AP on it's own, only through a mainstream UK newspaper (Guardian is good for that sort of thing).

No UK obit for Sagor Maas yet...

http://www.guardian....rticle/10038103

AP through the Guardian...

There you go, see... :)

That's 6 hits in 12 days so far in 2012, well on target for a hit every other day (183) which must surely be the aim for 2012!

Thumbs up to those who took the chance on Janklow