Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2012

TMIB, if I can be an annoyance could you give me the names of the 41st-51st most picked names on the list for this year's Inverse Dead Pool?

Olivia de Havilland Bruce Forsyth Bashar Al-Assad Denis Healey Charlie Sheen Larry Hagman Christopher Lee George H. W. Bush, Sr. General Wojciech Jaruzelski Jack Klugman Dora Bryan Chuck Berry Peter Sallis Annette Funicello Dick Cheney King Bhumibol Adulyadej Besse Cooper Terry Pratchett Pope Benedict XVI Patty Andrews Rev Ian Paisley Max Bygraves Gary Carter Dennis "Fergie" Frederiksen Sid Waddell Frank Carson Bill Tarmey Stefano Borgonovo

Great stuff, Blackie. (Although as your'e a Liverpool fan, maybe that's not the best moniker right now....)

One thing I have noted though - the unique picks don't seem to be generating the right score - Symborksa and Youd both earn 7 points, where shouldn't it be 9? Seems to be two short each time by my reckoning?

But I like the move towards the 21st century. It needed an overhaul but I never had the wisdom of how to go about it.

Great stuff, Blackie. (Although as your'e a Liverpool fan, maybe that's not the best moniker right now....)

One thing I have noted though - the unique picks don't seem to be generating the right score - Symborksa and Youd both earn 7 points, where shouldn't it be 9? Seems to be two short each time by my reckoning?

But I like the move towards the 21st century. It needed an overhaul but I never had the wisdom of how to go about it.

Ah, I wonder if I've been using the old hta which had 1 point score for unique rather than 3. That'll soon be sorted..

After a few queries - 1 more team and 2 more celebs...

Guest godot

Excellent MOB, well worth the wait. I'd hoped to have Jeb Corliss as a unique pick and was thinking "what other twat has him?" only to find it's me in my theme team. Had it not been for a doubling up I'd have had all uniques in that one so if I get a couple out of that lot I'll be well pleased. I'm quietly confident Corliss will deliver. There's no margin left to improve on what he's done already but he's the kind of guy who'll try and that makes him a superstar for me. Jeb, this is will be the year to make your mark - about six inches deep in the dirt.

Yeah I was just about to say I only got 9 points for Spinetta. Thank you so much for your hard work, MiB!

The scores should all be correct now...

Are you having troubles with the pictures? Or is my computer just not loading most of them?

Top man. Site looks wonderful. Well done.

Are you having troubles with the pictures? Or is my computer just not loading most of them?

According to MiB's email, the pix are not loaded yet.

Ahhhh, It's nice to have my Team name back all to myself this year. Maybe my little tantrum last year did the trick....maybe not.

Great work MIB and also well done to the guys who assisted you through the technical difficulties.

There will be a couple more teams to add by the end of the week, after I had a couple of emails pointing out my error...that makes it 546!

There will be a couple more teams to add by the end of the week, after I had a couple of emails pointing out my error...that makes it 546!

As long as your fixing mistakes, I just found a big one on my theme team. I put Ronald Washington on my team, but I said the Ron Washington who killed Jam Master Jay. Not the baseball manager.

As long as your fixing mistakes, I just found a big one on my theme team. I put Ronald Washington on my team, but I said the Ron Washington who killed Jam Master Jay. Not the baseball manager.

That's what happens when you separate team information from celeb researching. Saying that, the other Ron Washington sounds like a bit of a character!

Sorry to give you more work TMIB, but there is a mistake in my team too (Grendel's Graveyard). I just had my first look at the site and somebody called Violet Wood appears on my list. I have never heard of this lady and I've checked the email I submitted with my team and I definitely didn't have her. I did pick Sid Waddell however and he doesn't appear.

I have a feeling I may come to regret pointing this out as no doubt Wood will cark it this year and Waddell will still be with us on 1/1/2013.

Is there a reason Peter Sharp and Elyse Knox were left off the latest update?

Is there a reason Peter Sharp and Elyse Knox were left off the latest update?

Sort of holding out for them to get proper obits, so they're in a kind of netherworld of either Lost or "Found". If we get past the weekend and there's still no obit, then I'll consign them to the LOTL...