Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Who Should Be on the 2012 DeathList?

Anyone want to take a punt on who'll take up the 48 non-Biggs/Dunn picks on the 2012 DL then? I'd not be surprised to see Robin Gibb take the top spot, pretty sure that Hitchens will get a run in the first team this season. PD James "feels" like a DeathList candidate as well.

Anyone want to take a guess on who'll take up the 48 non-Biggs/Dunn spots on the 2012 DL then? I'd not be surprised to see Robin Gibb take the top spot, pretty sure that Hitchens will get a run in the first team this season. PD James "feels" like a DeathList pick as well.

Thatcher and Zsa Zsa have to be kept on until they die.

Sid Waddell, Frank Carson both feel like Deathlist kind of picks.

I'm assuming Chavez and Mugabe may find a way in.

Havelange should be a good bet for the 50...

• Like 1

Geoffrey - Eddie Yates - Hughes, is our kinda guy. Uneventful year in terms of news but he was seriously ill a year ago.

There's always a wild card "this guy is bound to drop dead at some point" Britpick as well. Jocky Wilson?

I think Vidal Sasson would be a bad one to miss. And Im sure a good punch line could be made for him. Thats my suggestion.

I would hope Al-Megrahi may make a reappearance...and perhaps Doris Day.

After what happened to Gadaffi, I'd put Bashar Al-Assad on the list.

Aye, fair point...the Arab Spring is more like a lifestyle choice all round that region. When they fall, they fall hard. I think the the positive DL choice allows for one place for a person likely to die prematurely and violently. Not sure it'll be Kharzai since his position is so compromised he might be unemployed before anyone gets round to blowing him up. But Syria and Iran are seething cesspits of subversion.

I thought this deserved a thread of it's own. I'd like to suggest Sister Wendy Beckett, Gitta Sereny and Lord Howe. I don't think any of them are in imminent danger of popping off, but they're the sort of names I think would suit the DL.

Also, I usually like my lists to have a religious leader, a folk musician, a criminal and an Irishman, so I'd also suggest Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Norma Waterson, Donald Neilson and Lord Molyneaux.

Let's throw in a few more names that feel DL-y: Pete Seeger, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Reverend Sun Yung Moon, Chuck Yeager, Gudrun "Super Gran" Ure.

I think it would be quite good to have a few of the old survivors on here for another go - apart from the obvious and more regular ones,

Kenneth Kendall (1989)

Sir Tom Finney (1992)

Larry Hagman (1996)

As suggested in the Ideas & Possibilities thread, I think Harper Lee would be an excellent "DL" Pick

Patrick Macnee

Carla Laemmle, she'll be 102 next year, I believe. Or what about "Superstar" Billy Graham?

Hank Marvin, Bruce Welch, Brian Bennett touring has killed off a couple of there old band mates recently and they are now all in there 70's

.....or maybe Muhammad Ali. I think he's near the end.

Here are my suggestions for the 2012 list:

Penny Marshall

Andy Williams

Harold Camping

Fidel Castro

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Robin Gibb

Ray Bradbury

Etta James

Gary Carter

Helmut Schmidt

What about John McCririck?

He's fairly obese...

Henry Kissinger

As for new blood, I'm not sure if he'll die, cancer-ridden or not, but squid related postings will intensify if "Lula" da Silva of Brazil, the ex-President is chosen. Whether squid related postings is a direction DL wish to go, is up to the committee, of course.