Ricster

Kim Jong-Un

In may 2017 there were persistent rumours about Jiang Zemin's death, once again. After a bit the government answered they would publish an obituary on the People's Daily next day. And they published it, only it was Qian Qichen's obituary. 

So I guess they could go pretty the same way. Today in the middle of extraordinary broadcast they'll disclose

"With our hearts full of grief, we must announce the death of beloved leader Kim"

The World: "Ooooooh, it was true! News of the Decade!"

KCNA: "Beloved former Chairman of the Presidium Kim Yong-nam died yesterday at the age of 91 after a short illness. Young leader KIm Jong-un has already sent condolences"

• Haha 1

Or maybe Kim Kyong-Hui, ill or dead for years.

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Or maybe Kim Kyong-Hui, ill or dead for years.

Come on, she appeared last January! Better Kim Yong-ju, to start a new round in the Oldest Living State Leaders DP.

2 hours ago, JQW said:

Korea Central TV, North Korea's only station, is oddly on air at the moment. The station is usually off air on Saturdays, which makes it strange. They're showing a pre-recorded propaganda puff piece at the moment. 

Something is obviously up - a coup perhaps?

Today it's the 88th anniversary of KPRA founding. It's not unusual for Korea Central TV to be on air. Kim is not at the celebrations though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Today it's the 88th anniversary of KPRA founding. It's not unusual for Korea Central TV to be on air. Kim is not at the celebrations though.

Of course not, because he's dead ! 

• Haha 2

If they normally off air on Saturday how would anyone know to turn on it if not planned.

14 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I have no idea who this "Italian scholar" is – a self appointed expert by the sounds, but before this continues going round and round in circles, I'd just like to remind others on here that we went through this constant stream of rumours, speculation and conspiracies about Kim Jong-il when he was alive.

And yet, when he did actually die (suddenly, and from a heart attack) his death was announced by the North Koreans within hours.

It is totally against the interests of the North Korean regime to delay or cover up the death of their leader. For their totalitarian regime it actually works in their favour as it elevates the leader to being some kind of an eternal figure for them. A "saint" if you will.

That, and the fact that behind closed doors there will be a successor in mind, and if Jong-un dies, the role will simply be carried over to the next person. Right now, that's likely to be his younger sister as his own children are too young.

That is if it did happen just hours before.

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just seen on twitter someone called @katyturNBC has reported Kim Jong Un is brain dead and in a coma quoting    2 US diplomatic sources. .She has a verified twitter account but some people are casting doubt on her claim. I guess we'll find out soon if there's any truth in it ! 

Hong Kong tv are reporting his death- a Chinese delegation is travelling to North Korea to verify if he is still alive or not...https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-sends-doctors-to-north-korea-as-rumors-on-kim-jong-uns-health-swirl/ar-BB13aiqb

Surely if Kim was alive and well there's no way they would  let speculation go on this long without making an announcement ! It's increasingly obvious something major has happened ! 

Why would China need to travel there to find out.

Maybe he copied Boris Johnson and hid in a fridge from the corona virus and he's got stuck in there ... :unsure:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

A Japanese publication apparently says he's in a vegetative state.

Edit: Now with a link: https://eurasiantimes.com/is-kim-jong-un-dead-reports-suggest-kim-could-be-in-vegetative-state/

Yes, they say he collapsed during a visit to an industrial site and the surgeon was very nervous because he was heavily obese, which led to various complications. They cite "medical sources from Kim's staff". Dubious at least.

Meanwhile some Seoul outlets say he was at the seaside the last days and frequently at the beach. :scratchhead:

Schrodinger's Statesman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

If this is the case (I have doubts), does it make his sister the first female dictator since...well?

I guess? 

But wasnt she his right hand (wo)man. 

1 hour ago, drol said:

Yes, they say he collapsed during a visit to an industrial site and the surgeon was very nervous because he was heavily obese, which led to various complications. They cite "medical sources from Kim's staff". Dubious at least.

Meanwhile some Seoul outlets say he was at the seaside the last days and frequently at the beach. :scratchhead:

I doubt whether he would have had such invasive surgery in his own country.

You would have thought that he would have been flown to Beijing for any surgery.

41 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

There is little doubt now- he is either dead or in an irreversible coma. Presumably the North Korean leadership are running round like headless chickens trying to figure out whether or when to announce it , hoping the west doesn't take advantage of the situation to  attack them or something. 

As for the reports that he's fine and at the seaside , I think we can safely rule out that nonsense propoganda ! Kim doesn't look like the sort of person who spends a lot of time sunbathing on the beach to me! :lol:

39 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

It's nothing new though. They're just being bold.

either hes dead or alive, im waiting till we definitely get a confirmation

As for the reports of the botched surgery I think it's very likely that a surgeon who was called on to perform what should have been a fairly routine operation unexpectedly might have been so nervous treating such a VIP that he was nervous and messed it up,. Had it been a more serious op presumably they would have got a much more experienced and capable doctor to do the op.

The Daily Star one of many sources now claiming he's dead .https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/breaking-kim-jong-un-dead-21926783  Admittedly I will wait for a more credible one though ! 

any reputable sources carrying this story?

10 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Probably came from HKSTV's Weibo.

This is one of the sources from Twitter, also, I saw other tweets saying a "very solid source" was cited:

11 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Newsweek and Reuters both reporting a Chinese delegation has gone to North Korea to try to save his life .Quite a few fairly reputable sources carrying the story too now.  I will be stunned if there is nothing to all these reports. I'm not normally someone who believes this sort of rumour  too readily ! 

Daily Mail also reporting the reports of his death ...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8256791/China-sends-medics-North-Korea-amid-claims-Japanese-media-Kim-Jong-vegetative-state.html

9 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

As for the reports of the botched surgery I think it's very likely that a surgeon who was called on to perform what should have been a fairly routine operation unexpectedly might have been so nervous treating such a VIP that he was nervous and messed it up,. Had it been a more serious op presumably they would have got a much more experienced and capable doctor to do the op.

The Daily Star one of many sources now claiming he's dead .https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/breaking-kim-jong-un-dead-21926783  Admittedly I will wait for a more credible one though ! 

Could be a bit of that. Could also be that he collapsed and needed an operation quicker than a better surgeon could be found.

Jong-un was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead. He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to "Alive."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5