Slim Jong-un

kim.thumb.png.ff99a05ea75a93a576b327d1f574f883.png

Bit Kimmy Savile that picture, innit?

On 09/09/2021 at 10:08, arghton said:

Slim Jong-un

kim.thumb.png.ff99a05ea75a93a576b327d1f574f883.png

• Haha 2

Hmm, apologies - appeared that the post wasn't moving as my internet kept indicating it was going offline. 

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, I suppose, if Steve Coogan is going to be playing Savile in the forthcoming BBC 'drama' would they then get Jackie Chan to play Kimmy Savile?

It got me mind wondering, or summat.

• Like 1

Looks like catching covid is a good thing health wise for some people.

On 01/09/2020 at 18:23, drol said:

Anti-Japanese veteran Pak Kyong-suk dead at 99. Last anti-Japanese guerrilla leader left in the whole country is Ri Yong-suk, who is 104. All females.

So as reported elsewhere, Ri Yong-suk has prematurely died at 105.

In 2015 there were five remaining "anti-Japanese" war veterans in the country: Ri Ul-sol, Kim Chol-man, Hwang Sun-hui, Pak Kyong-suk and Ri Yong-suk.

Ri Ul-sol died of lung cancer in 2015, at 94. Kim Chol-man died of bladder cancer in 2018, aged 98. Hwang Sun-hui died of pneumonia in 2020 at 100, Pak Kyong-suk died in 2020 at 99 and now Ri Yong-suk is finally dead at 105. It took six years, but it'a clean sheet now.

Oldest undisputed cadre in the country is 99-year old Kim Yong-ju, who was officially studying in Russia during the patriotic struggle, but unofficially was a translator and a spy for the Japanese. A fact that quote hindered his career.

1 hour ago, drol said:

So as reported elsewhere, Ri Yong-suk has prematurely died at 105.

In 2015 there were five remaining "anti-Japanese" war veterans in the country: Ri Ul-sol, Kim Chol-man, Hwang Sun-hui, Pak Kyong-suk and Ri Yong-suk.

Ri Ul-sol died of lung cancer in 2015, at 94. Kim Chol-man died of bladder cancer in 2018, aged 98. Hwang Sun-hui died of pneumonia in 2020 at 100, Pak Kyong-suk died in 2020 at 99 and now Ri Yong-suk is finally dead at 105. It took six years, but it'a clean sheet now.

Oldest undisputed cadre in the country is 99-year old Kim Yong-ju, who was officially studying in Russia during the patriotic struggle, but unofficially was a translator and a spy for the Japanese. A fact that quote hindered his career.

Do you think that the NK Government will acknowledge Kim Yong-Ju's 100th Birthday, or will we just have to forever wait for the confirmation of his death that may never come?

Do we have any photos or videos of him from after this one?

21 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Do you think that the NK Government will acknowledge Kim Yong-Ju's 100th Birthday, or will we just have to forever wait for the confirmation of his death that may never come?

You have quite an odd fixation about him.

I replied you many times, but let me reply again:

1)He was seen in public in 2015, then 93, and reportedly attended some Supreme Assembly sessions until 2018, effectively retiring in 2019. Why should a man in his late 90s fall from grace so much he does not even get a wreath? 

2)Normally a congratulatory message will be sent for his 100 birthday, which is in 2022, though not exactly known when. Still, It would be the first cadre to get to 100, so a completely new situation, and I would not be sure about how It would be handled.

3)The South Korean minister of unification updates their list of NK cadres each year. For example they confirmed long-fallen from grace Kim Song-ae died in 2014. A death date for Kim Yong-ju would be sorted quite readily even in absence of official obits.

5)In the case he will not be proven to be either dead or alive, I'd consider him certainly dead past 105-106. For wiki It Will be 110, I think.

No reason to worry, he will get his wreath "relatively" soon.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, drol said:

1)He was seen in public in 2015, then 93, and reportedly attended some Supreme Assembly sessions until 2018, effectively retiring in 2019. Why should a man in his late 90s fall from grace so much he does not even get a wreath? 

2)Normally a congratulatory message will be sent for his 100 birthday, which is in 2022, though not exactly known when. Still, It would be the first cadre to get to 100, so a completely new situation, and I would not be sure about how It would be handled.

3)The South Korean minister of unification updates their list of NK cadres each year. For example they confirmed long-fallen from grace Kim Song-ae died in 2014. A death date for Kim Yong-ju would be sorted quite readily even in absence of official obits.

5)In the case he will not be proven to be either dead or alive, I'd consider him certainly dead past 105-106. For wiki It Will be 110, I think.

Thanks for replying again. Yeah, I am always itchy when I see people on the "oldest state leader list" who might be dead cuz that would make the list inaccurate especially when they're in a top spot. -_-

On 16/11/2021 at 19:12, roaming_comrade said:

Watch this page, from the official South Korea unification ministry. Accordng to them he was alive in april 2019. If they have a suspect he is dead they will dig out a date of death for him like they did for Kim Song-ae. That simple and I don't think they are dumb enough to believe he'll live in his 110s.

• Thanks 1

On 16/11/2021 at 19:33, drol said:

And within a month he got his wreath.

Happy now, @roaming_comrade?

2 hours ago, drol said:

But it turns out he was born in 1920 not 1922 so was already over 100.

32 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I have yet to see anywhere give an exact DOB. Could have been born in late Dec. 1920. Which would make him still 100.

He was either 100-101 no doubt, just unclear which.

EDIT: This is now no longer accurate reading the post below...wish there was a delete button.

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Nope. Age was not in the KCNA obit, it is based on the South Korea ministry of unification. If he was really over 100 he would have got a birthday spread for his 100th birthday. 1972 NY Times article reports him as born in 1922, and SK state sources often overestimate NK politicians' ages (Kim Chol-man was born in 1918 rather than 1920 according to them).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now the "first generation" of the (ruling) Kim family are all dead. 

From the second one, Kim Jong-il etc, some remain:

Kim Young-sook (1947-) Kim Jong-il's second wife and widow. Said that she was "insignificant" to Kim Jong-il, is she alive? Would the NK media report her death?

Kim Ok (1964-Unknown, could be dead) Kim Jong-il's personal secretary/domestic partner until his death. Went to medical treatment in Berlin in 2012, should've stayed there as in 2016 she was purged and sent into a labour camp. 

Kim Kyong-hui (1946-) Jong-il's sister who used to suffer from alcoholism, rumored to be in ill health or dead for a long time and widow of Jang Sung-thaek. Reappeared in 2020.

Kim Pyong-il (1954-) Jong-il's brother, served as an ambassador to Hungary (1988-1989), Bulgaria (1989-1994), Finland (1994-1998), Poland (1998-2015) and the Czech Republic (2015-2019). Retired in 2019 after coming back to North Korea for medical treatment. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Nope. Age was not in the KCNA obit, it is based on the South Korea ministry of unification. If he was really over 100 he would have got a birthday spread for his 100th birthday. 1972 NY Times article reports him as born in 1922, and SK state sources often overestimate NK politicians' ages (Kim Chol-man was born in 1918 rather than 1920 according to them).

I was doing some digging and found an article that quotes him as 95 in early 2017. No idea where they get the number, but it backs up what you said.

It really brings into question whether ANY NK ages or DOB can ever be considered factual. Same with DOD. Thanks for questioning it, led to some clarity.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2017/2/24/meet-the-kims-whos-who-in-north-koreas-first-family

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drol said:

damn, still a shame that he didnt reach 100 though

• Confused 1

He is getting a flurry of obits. No doubt some QO will show up.

2 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

damn, still a shame that he didnt reach 100 though

A “shame”?! :facepalm:

Can I remind you they’re a tyrannical regime with millions of their citizens in concentration camps, starving to death or being subjected to the cruelest forms of torture? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A “shame”?! :facepalm:

Can I remind you they’re a tyrannical regime with millions of their citizens in concentration camps, starving to death or being subjected to the cruelest forms of torture? 

woulda been interesting to see Kim Jong Un have a ceremony for him at his 100th, thats all. Im always annoyed when 99 year old people die.

If that ever happens to me, I will have the doctors keep me on life support by any means till one day after my 100th.

That'll burn all the inheritance money for my children, but at least it'll be for a good cause.

• Haha 2

Twitter seems to be awash with accounts paying tribute to these two.

Got to question what planet these people live on...

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Twitter seems to be awash with accounts paying tribute to these two.

Got to question what planet these people live on...

Would love for these sort of people to fuck off to North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba or some other communist shithole for even just a month and give it a go. 

• Like 2