Ricster

Kim Jong-Un

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Kim Jong-Un shows his daughter Kim Chu-ae for the first time:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63685497

The usual health speculation ensues, does it mean he has health problems and wants to present a successor?

He does look a little older than his 38 years though. The hair is turning grey.

My hair started turning grey at 27. It doesn't mean I look older than 38 you cheeky bastard!!

• Haha 3

I wonder if NK media/NK media that reaches outside NK has become worse at reporting deaths during recent years. Especially with minor politicians and unconverted long-term prisoners. See the list on the previous page, I'd say atleast five of the prisoners have died during the last four years without any media attention even though those same types almost always got a mention 15-10 years ago. Would someone like Jang Ho get a mention anywhere if he died? (If he's even still alive, it's been over two years)

• Like 1

Most of them may be dead. They just don't seem to get announcements. The same can be said about national team footballers.

I really wish that regime of cunts comes to an end.

• Like 2

Do you guys think that Choe Yong-rim would get any coverage if he dies? Yong-rim is close to the Kim family and once held positions of power in North Korea. However, I don't know if he is still active in NK politics in 2023. I actually wonder if he could actually already be dead.

The most recent article I could find about Choe Yong-rim is an article from Al Jazeera which mentions him being removed and replaced by the NK cabinet.

The regime is very secretive and isolated so we never really know what happens to these people.

Edited by When The
Sources

6 minutes ago, When The said:

Do you guys think that Choe Yong-rim would get any coverage if he dies? Yong-rim is close to the Kim family and once held positions of power in North Korea. However, I don't know if he is still active in NK politics in 2023. I actually wonder if he could actually already be dead.

The regime is very secretive and isolated so we never really know what happens to these people.

Choe Yong-rim is very much alive, regarded as a war hero and appeared at ceremonies in 2022, although in a wheelchair. Adding that his daughter is the current minister of foreign affairs, he would get a big state funeral right now. And in any case I can't see his death going unnoticed.

• Like 1

How are Fuck-Yu-Tu and Cunt-U-Ar doing?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, drol said:

Most of them may be dead. They just don't seem to get announcements. The same can be said about national team footballers.

I really wish that regime of cunts comes to an end.

The ones born 1918 are definitely dead as well as Hong Mun-gŏ and Kim Yŏng-gyu if they won't hold a 100th birthday celebration for him in June. Pak Mun-jae was alive in 2020 but looked like a living corpse and there was no 100th birthday celebration last year so I assume he's dead. 

Han Chang-ho could be alive, we'll see in May if he gets a similar 100th birthday celebration as Jang Ho did. Sŏk Yong-hwa, the green names born later are likely still alive as a lot of them have gotten media attention in recent years but I doubt they would obit

• Like 1

@When The, here's Choe Yong-rim in 2022. As I said, he is very much respected and alive and don't worry about the obit.

image.png.a710ba551d62c7a95b56221d3edf6cbc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Execution of Ri Yong-ho likely fake news.

• Like 1

O Kuk-ryol dead at 93.

• Like 4

No state funeral for O Kuk-ryol, as if they were expecting a bigger death coming soon or very soon...

Among the remaining major old timers Choe Yong-rim is wheelchair bound and visibly frail, Kim Ki-nam is suffering from "age related issues", Kim Yong-nam is rumoured to have severe dementia. Choe Thae-bok seems to be doing well, so probably the last one standing.

• Like 2

Is Kim Yong-nam the only remaining NK politician born in the 1920s who's still alive and will get an obituary/death mention by NK's news?  Pretty sure all the ones born in the earlier half of the 1920s marked living on Korean Wiki are dead, that'd leave us with him, former politburo candidate member Kim Byung-hoon who likely died in 2013 and Jon Ha-chol.

I think Jon Ha-chol is still alive and will get a mention when he dies.

• Like 1

Kim Yong-nam picture from last September. Has dramatically aged in recent years.

Kim Yong-nam nordcoreano alla celebrazione del 74esimo anniversario dell'instaurazione del regime

• Like 4

On 21/09/2022 at 14:13, arghton said:

Those with only Korean wiki pages...

Jang-ho/Jang Ho 장호 (1920-?) Minor name and spy. Was alive in 2020 and received a 100th birthday gift from Kim Jong-un.

Jang Byung-gyu 장병규 (1920-?) Active in NK's politics since the 60s, however I kind of doubt he was actually born in 1920. Director of the Central Prosecutors Office until he was dismissed in 2017.

Kim Ui-sun/Kim Eui-soon 김의순 (1921-?) Former Censorship Minister. Active in the 2010s.

Jung or Chung Chang-ryeol 정창렬 (1923) 

Chae Hee-jung 채희정 (1924) Was on Kim Jong-il's funeral committee.

Kim Byung-hoon 김병훈 (1929) 

Han Dong-geun 한동근 (1933)

Ra Dong-hui or Dong-hee 라동희 (1934) Transport Minister 2009-2014

Kim Hee-taek 김히택 (1935) Retired in 2013

Heo Jong-man 허종만 (1935) De facto ambassador to Japan

Chae Hee-jung died in 2014 according to KCNA.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 03:31, arghton said:

21. Han Chang-ho한장호 (1923-) Was already frail in 2013. Actually made an appearance as recently as 2020 and looked even frailer. If alive he'll get the 100th birthday thing next May-July.

Turns out Han Chang-ho is alive and gets 100th birthday award from KJU. Probably the oldest of the remaining 63 Kim believers ("Unconverted long-term prisoners") who went back to North Korea in 2000. 

I think him getting the award proves that Pak Mun-jae is dead, considering he didn't get it last year, he looked terrible in 2020. I wouldn't recommend picking Chang-ho in Centenarians DP as while they still get other attention (such as birthday mentions every ten years), as I mentioned before seems like NK completely stopped giving death mentions of that group around 2015. There's also atleast one case in the yellow names that I assume was purged (some others have been rumored purged too), but I can't remember who exactly it was.

• Like 1

He looks like he's suffering from severe depression.

• Like 1

Some old NK leadership at Kim's concert to impress Shoigu a week or two ago:

image11.thumb.png.b9ec55e7da95a72864f8288341f4767b.png

imgimg.thumb.png.0fa3583e7c458f6fdbe767efe233114c.png

I think that might be atleast Kim Yong-nam and Choe Yong-rim in the second image but I'm not completely sure. Not sure about any of the others. If you want to check the whole thing here's a link to the hour-long video. Lots of people there but the old elite is shown for only a few seconds at some parts.

Looking at the front row seems to me that there's former Premier Pak Pong-ju (84) and former propaganda dept head Kim Ki-nam (88 OR 93 OR 94) next to Yong-nam. Could be former minister of defence Kim Il-Chol (89/90) in the back row. Judging on the few four-second clips of them, Yong-nam is definitely in the worst health, clearly confused (doesn't clap at one point, looks like a zombie in many of the parts that row is shown in) and very thin. I don't think he'll see 2024.

• Like 1

"Nuclear attack submarine" - though there's some doubt about its ability to launch armed nuclear weapons. This is likely prompting a few international conversations about yer man's remaining lifespan.

_131018986_mediaitem131018612.jpg.webp

Kim Yong-nam made another public appearance at DPRK anniversary. Looks quite like last year.

Strange wording in this KCNA article .

I can't understand of they are announcing Kim Il-chol's death or not.

EDIT: he is dead.

• Like 4

On 12/08/2023 at 12:13, arghton said:

Some old NK leadership at Kim's concert to impress Shoigu a week or two ago:

image11.thumb.png.b9ec55e7da95a72864f8288341f4767b.png

imgimg.thumb.png.0fa3583e7c458f6fdbe767efe233114c.png

I think that might be atleast Kim Yong-nam and Choe Yong-rim in the second image but I'm not completely sure. Not sure about any of the others. If you want to check the whole thing here's a link to the hour-long video. Lots of people there but the old elite is shown for only a few seconds at some parts.

Looking at the front row seems to me that there's former Premier Pak Pong-ju (84) and former propaganda dept head Kim Ki-nam (88 OR 93 OR 94) next to Yong-nam. Could be former minister of defence Kim Il-Chol (89/90) in the back row. Judging on the few four-second clips of them, Yong-nam is definitely in the worst health, clearly confused (doesn't clap at one point, looks like a zombie in many of the parts that row is shown in) and very thin. I don't think he'll see 2024.

It's Choe Thae-bok next to Kim Yong-nam rather than Kim Ki-nam I think.

• Like 1

NK diplomat Kim Yong-il (wikidead at 76.

A different person from prime minister Kim Yong-il (wiki), who has been absent from the political scene for years.

• Like 1