The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

Long time lurker, first time poster. Another forum I'm on has been running a celebrity dead pool successfully for a few years now.

This year we've been having problems with people "angle shooting" in the sense that they are picking people who are not indeed celebs.

We've been discussing and arguing the issue to death over how to vet whether or not someone is indeed a celebrity. For example, "world's oldest" whatever shouldn't qualify as a true celeb?

I'm a little worried that our 2013 pool might not happen as we are unable to come to a consensus, vetting option for celebrity status.

Sorry if this isn't being posted in the appropriate area, however I searched around and couldn't find one one.

Any ideas, suggestions for this issue?

There are a lot of different ways to handle this issue. In the league that I'm in, at least half of the other contestants must say they've heard of a new candidate or he/she is permanently banned. Once a celeb has been in the league, they can't be challenged. My league is small so we can use a rule like this. Other options are like what the Derby Dead Pool uses, they must be mentioned in one of several national newspapers/websites. Another idea is that any celeb must have a wikipedia page. I would suggest that the New York Times could be used as a yardstick. It seems to me that anyone of any real celebrity is mentioned there. On the issue of extreme old age, my own feeling is that if a person has lived to a remarkable age, that is an accomplishment worthy of celebrity. Others, obviously feel differently. I hope you reach consensus.

The way I handle this is the Wikipedia page rule and by warning contestents that if their pick's deaths are not publisised then they will not get the points. The administrator will not check every possible outlet for Death information.

Wikipedia isn't infalliable there are a number of potential picks who do not have a year of birth on there.

As January 1st nears, it's time to check Google News and "cancer" for many DDP'rs and they would see two high-profile names who join the list of DDP possibilities...

David Gest has a tumour on his neck - http://www.londonnet.co.uk/entertainment/2012/dec/david-gest-diagnosed-with-tumour-operation-needed-immediately.html-0

whilst "This Morning" Doctor, Chris Steele has skin cancer - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22has+been+diagnosed%22&num=100&hl=en&safe=off&gbv=2&tbm=nws&prmd=ivnsu&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:w&sa=X&ei=usS_UOnuIqeH0AXTh4GYBg&ved=0CBYQpwUoAw

Post above = comedy gold! Tarry awhile and entertain us Youwantricewiththat.

Guest Mark

With Assad's regime loading chemical weapons, it might be endgame in Syria. Might be worth putting him on the list?

I used to think David Gest was a right twat - well, I still do - but that year he was on I'm a Celebrity I really changed my opinion of him, he was fucking hilarious. Vaginica Semen is a much loved name in our house! But how the fuck he ever put up with that fucking looney Minelli I'll never know.

I think we ought to keep Mugabe, I still can't not think about that Wikileaks cable where someone in his government said he'd be gone by 2013...

My nominations for the list:

Rochus Misch: ln a 2011 interview, he stated that he can "see death right in front of my eyes".

Fred Phelps: He's quite old and all that hate isn't good for the health....

Luise Rainer: Her age alone qualifies her, l think.

Deanna Durbin: Actually, we don’t know anything about her health. No one’s heard from her since 1984. Which means that she MIGHT be really ill. Think of this as a gamble, a 50-50 chance.

Christopher Lee: ls it really good for a 90-year old man to work this much? He has already 3 post-production movies planned for 2013 and 2014!

Admitted, he's wasn't the most beautiful of men before his treatment, but Hynes looks quite rough - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2012/12/02/nl-ron-hynes-appearance-1202.html

I know he's not Deathlist material, but Damon Harris of The Temptations, known for their hit, "Papa Was a Rolling Stone", is gravely ill with prostate cancer.

Guest James Garner

Peter Falk Has Alzheimers

Peter Falk Has Alzheimers

Seems you do too

• Like 1

Has everyone forgot about Glen Campbell?

See what I did there ^

• Like 2

Mick McManus who is nearly 92!!!!!!!!!!

My next vote, as an outsider bet, is John Travolta who now looks like a hybrid of Desperate Dan and Mick McManus ( see the sickening video release with ONJ) and, IMHO, is "The man most likely to, even tho there is no sign that he will, in 2013..."

Mark my words, mark my words.

Mick McManus who is nearly 92!!!!!!!!!!

My next vote, as an outsider bet, is John Travolta who now looks like a hybrid of Desperate Dan and Mick McManus ( see the sickening video release with ONJ) and, IMHO, is "The man most likely to, even tho there is no sign that he will, in 2013..."

Mark my words, mark my words.

I said that about Adam Ant in one of my first posts here, lo and behold, several years later, the mental cunt is still alive.....

My outsider for 2013 is 50 Cent, he's been saying recently he can 'smell death approaching' the bullet riddled shit singer cant be long for this world

Guest Ned

Nice to see yer- to see yer nice. Surely its time for Brucie?

Guest Keefyk

Hugo Chavez's cancer has returned and is thinking about a successor "Away u Go Hugo" as dear old Ron Pickering used to say

Guest keefyk

Also to Chavez, ex-Brazilian President Lu Da Silva had cancer and so too Christina Frenandez, What is it about ruling South American countries, obviously not good for your health!!

Also to Chavez, ex-Brazilian President Lu Da Silva had cancer and so too Christina Frenandez, What is it about ruling South American countries, obviously not good for your health!!

Everybody would get cancer if they lived to 130. No issue.

Sure it was in here that someone posted ''dumb ways to die'' but I cannae be ersed trawling for it, but noticed there is a 1 hour loop version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfe5tgj6oxs lolzers....

Sure it was in here that someone posted ''dumb ways to die'' but I cannae be ersed trawling for it, but noticed there is a 1 hour loop version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfe5tgj6oxs

lolzers....

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1637&view=findpost&p=178829

• Like 1