The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

BBC Online staff are having a drill for the announcement of Prince Philip's death on Tuesday. Whether because he's weakening, or they want to be ready for Maggie/Nelson carking it, idk.

Well he was on last week looking chipper, striding about the Bank of England as if he owned the place, which he probably does!

Not heard much from Patricia Routledge lately, but maybe at a comparatively sprightly 83 she may not be ready to "kick the bouquet" just yet....

Fit as a fiddle and has been on my list for years so obviously has plenty of time left in her. Actually, she was in the news quite recently and looks very well indeed in the pic. http://tellyspotting.org/2012/07/16/patricia-routledge-lends-efforts-to-order-of-nuns-who-rarely-watch-telly/

Did Sheila Hancock not have breast cancer ?

Zach Sobiech. He's got terminal cancer! He's got the heartwarming backstory! He's got coverage in English newspapers! He's got the future hit single! He's got "months to live"!

And he's also 17 which makes him ineligible for the 2013 DDP. Them's the breaks.

The song itself is terrible, it sounds like... well, Jack Johnson with stage IV cancer.

Guest Markybloke

Marguerite Patten. One of the earliest celebrity chefs. Will be 98 next year

Theres loads of possibilities - here are my contenders:

Nancy Reagan, Denis Healey, King Bhumibol (Thailand), Helmuts Schmidt & Kohl of Germany, Mickey Rooney, Olivia De Haviland, Nelson Mandela, Prince Philip, Terry Pratchett, Clive James, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Jiang Zemin, Rupert Murdoch, Lord Carrington, Paul Gascoine, Ronnie Biggs, Ian Brady, Jeremy Thorpe, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Bob Dole & Doris Day. 25 there - just from the top of my head.

Guest Dr Know

My money is on fox-fingerer Derek Fowlds a.k.a. Oscar Blaketon from 'Heartbeat'.

Guest Mark

The President of Iraq, Jalal Talabani had a stroke earlier today and was reportedly in a coma.

Suggestions for NEW names in 2013:

Luise Rainer, 103 yrs old (actress, 2 Oscars in the 30s)

Joan Fontaine, 96 (one Oscar)

Danielle Darrieux, 96 (French actress)

Michele Morgan, 93 (French actress)

Alain Resnais, 91 (film director)

Keeping the EXISTING names (all fading):

Fidel Castro

Nelson Mendela

Erich Priebke

Kirk Douglas

Eli Wallach

Regards and greetings,

Marco Polo

• Like 1

Zach Sobiech. He's got terminal cancer! He's got the heartwarming backstory! He's got coverage in English newspapers! He's got the future hit single! He's got "months to live"!

And he's also 17 which makes him ineligible for the 2013 DDP. Them's the breaks.

In the unlikely event that he sees 18 the availability of a point-scoring obit might well depend on whether The Huffington Post counted. Incidentally, since nobody asked, he'd definitely be on board for the low-hanger fest that is the Deathrace. I might raise age-eligibility for this one at a future DLCon, I note its absence from the rules at the moment and as the sole rule-maker I've tended to draw the line at anyone who gets a qualifying obit, so basically any human being - end of!

Feel free to make him joker on a Deathrace Filthy Fifteen if you opt not to enter your DDP twenty.

Valeria Levitin is gaining column inches to dwarf the few inches round her waist.

She's HOT, in a dead pooling sort of way, and likely to gain tabloid attention in the UK if anything untoward (like multiple organ failure) sets in.

article-2250422-1693D8F6000005DC-88_634x510.jpg

• Like 1

She's HOT, in a dead pooling sort of way, and likely to gain tabloid attention in the UK if anything untoward (like multiple organ failure) sets in.

Or a slight gust...

• Like 1

I was surprised to find that Nigel Davenport, the actor, and Mike Winters, the less funny half of the even less funny duo, Mike and Bernie Winters, would have been unique picks in this year's DDP. They're both getting on a bit.

Liberace's former partner Scott Thorson, who also claims to have slept with Michael Jackson, has anal cancer. Make your own jokes.

Had seen that bit of news meself, I usually don't go with National Enquirer-type picks but since the subject himself is talking rather than "a close anonymous source" (plus it's verified that he has cancer) this'll be an exception...

I was surprised to find that Nigel Davenport, the actor, and Mike Winters, the less funny half of the even less funny duo, Mike and Bernie Winters, would have been unique picks in this year's DDP. They're both getting on a bit.

Often with the case of comedy duos it's usually the funny one that dies first.

Schnorbitz died long before Bernie did.

Liberace's former partner Scott Thorson, who also claims to have slept with Michael Jackson, has anal cancer. Make your own jokes.

I'll be damned if I fall for the 'Lee Evans gambit' again but this seems to be legitimate...but you wouldn't reveal it if he was one of your picks surely... :banghead:

I'll be damned if I fall for the 'Lee Evans gambit' again but this seems to be legitimate...but you wouldn't reveal it if he was one of your picks surely... :banghead:

tumblr_lig1x80WKr1qgbxiro1_500.gif

Valeria Levitin is gaining column inches to dwarf the few inches round her waist.

article-2250422-1693D8F6000005DC-88_634x510.jpg

Which makes me think of Karl Lagerfeld.

lagerfeld-says-celebrity-dressing-can-be-bad-for-business_GB.jpg

80 years in September.

tumblr_lig1x80WKr1qgbxiro1_500.gif

Liberace must have been a pain in the ass....

(Coat please....)

• Like 2

Guest Pedro

Thought about Mickey Rooney, till IMBD shows he's involved in a film thats Post-production !!

87 year career in film, multi-wifing, law suits, etc, maybe 2014 choice ?

US actress Evelyn Ward (89) is entering her ninth year of residential care for dementia and related issues. Low-profile for her work over here but likely to get some press coverage on death on account of being David Cassidy's mum.

Dead per Cassidy's official site, though no mainstream obits yet.

US actress Evelyn Ward (89) is entering her ninth year of residential care for dementia and related issues. Low-profile for her work over here but likely to get some press coverage on death on account of being David Cassidy's mum.

Dead per Cassidy's official site, though no mainstream obits yet.

She couldn't have waited another week, could she? Damn. At least I have an empty hole now and I did have someone in mind for it.

I considered taking a mad gamble on the DDP next year by picking the six Indian men arrested for the rape and murder of the woman whose recent death has caused such an outcry there. They must stand a reasonable chance of getting convicted, sentenced to death and executed all within in the next twelve months, their demises perhaps accelerated by the public's demands for justice?

I decided not to be silly in the end, but if anyone else is struggling for ideas, I can think of worse things to do than picking this deserving half dozen. That's presuming they've been named in the media...