He did have several heart attacks.

I say he’s a good pick. 

11 hours ago, RedDeadRedemption said:

He did have several heart attacks.

I say he’s a good pick. 

Most of them were a very long time ago 

9 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Most of them were a very long time ago 

More importantly, his five heart attacks preceded his heart failure and consequent heart transplant in 2012, so all that ischaemic damage to his old heart doesn't apply any more. The median life expectancy for a man post heart transplant is about 10 years, so he may be running up against the limits of what the transplant can do for him at some point, and he also has had issues with blood clots elsewhere, particularly his legs, in the past... But it's no guarantee he'll drop soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paddyfool said:

More importantly, his five heart attacks preceded his heart failure and consequent heart transplant in 2012, so all that ischaemic damage to his old heart doesn't apply any more. The median life expectancy for a man post heart transplant is about 10 years, so he may be running up against the limits of what the transplant can do for him at some point, and he also has had issues with blood clots elsewhere, particularly his legs, in the past... But it's no guarantee he'll drop soon. 

Well you never know. 

On 27/11/2020 at 14:09, anonymous said:

Do you think he and Dubya stay in touch? 

The real question is whether he is in any of Dubya's paintings. I'm just imagining a painting of them two riding on a nuke dressed as cowboys.

On 21/11/2020 at 19:36, paddyfool said:

Never trust statistics (is what my old statistics professor used to say).

• Like 2

On 19/11/2020 at 22:11, Deathrace said:

Cheney should be dropped for 2021. Not a good pick 

If he gets COVID he will most likely die.Also he had a heart transplant nearly a decade ago.Odds on lasting 10 years after transplant until 2022 is statistically 50%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedDeadRedemption said:

A good title for him when he kicks the bucket.

Limp Dick.

Corpses are usually stiff.

Just looked him up on Wikipedia. Surviving 5 (FIVE) heart attacks is some going to be fair. I'd love to know how many 70 year olds would've been offered a heart transplant in the UK with his prior record, but of course I'm sure he had the funds available to grease the wheels in the good'ol US of A.

Just watched Vice and W back to back, what an enigmatic figure this guy was. Definitey one of the most influential people in modern history.

• Like 1

I found watching W quite lame but it was probably because of the Oliver Stone films on presidents it was the most accurate. A goofy good for nothing son stepping out of his father's shadow and into his shoes only to ruin the family legacy summed George W well. JFK was a great entertainment value movie riddled with holes and I didn't like Stone making Nixon out to be an alcoholic wife beater in the other film. Nixon was no doubt a damn crook but that depiction when he and his wife had just died a year before was a bit below the belt.

On 10/11/2020 at 13:48, Nurse Rached said:

Fake news sure, but we will be treated to 4 years of War! Load up on Halliburton and Raytheon stock because it’s going to be a bumpy ride for some yet to be named third world shithole. Merica!

That'll be one of the *checks calendar* 365/366 days of the year I'll be happy to not be American.

• Like 1

Now that the deathlist only has to remove 5 picks I say they can afford to take a chance on Cheney in 2021. Same with Crosby.

Quick, replace him with Larry King. Nobody will notice!!!

• Like 2

80 today :birthday:

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Dick 

Happy 80th birthday Dick Cheney:birthday:

With the death of Walter Mondale the oldest living Vice President is Dick Cheney.