Tuber Mirum

37. Dick Cheney

Bush jr. had been in the news lately for quite remarkable reasons: his library opened, and he wrote his memoirs. The astonishing thing is that Dubya is very unlikely to be able to read and write on an adult level... (For unbiased proof, see this letter.)

From the always reliable source "I read it somewhere" I seem to remember that Dubya's memoirs are ghostwritten, for a considerable sum at that.

regards,

Hein

If there's words of more than three syllables in it, that's all the proof I need...

I have no intention whatsoever of reading the book, but scanning the reviews proves to be quite entertaining.

Even the story of Bush’s admission to Harvard Business School, in early 1973, is an occasion for historical revision. Bush describes a dinner at a Houston restaurant with his father and his brother Jeb: “Dad and I were having a discussion about my future. Jeb blurted out, ‘George got into Harvard.’ After some thought, Dad said, ‘Son, you ought to seriously consider going. It would be a good way to broaden your horizons.’ ” According to many accounts, including Bill Minutaglio’s well-regarded biography “First Son,” the conversation took place in the Washington, D.C., study of George, Sr., after a thoroughly plastered George, Jr., had driven his car and a neighbor’s garbage can onto his parents’ driveway, staggered into the house, and challenged his disgusted father, “You wanna go mano a mano right here?”

Uh oh! ;) He is at it again...

I'd like to put forward James Baker's name for the next death of the year.

I wonder how much DC wanted from the Devil when he sold his soul. The ability to shoot straight was obviously not a condition of the deal.

Looks far too healthy

He's gotten a bit skinnier which makes his features even more chiseled and glacial-looking, but he doesn't really look that sick.

I wonder how much DC wanted from the Devil when he sold his soul. The ability to shoot straight was obviously not a condition of the deal.

:unsure: Maybe immortality was.

I would still advise the DL to keep him on for next year. Two to three years is the average survivial rate for an LVAD patient. While he appears active and engaging in his interviews and book tour, he still looks frail and I could picture something like a major stroke (often a complication with LVAD heart devices) or pneumonia setting in at some point.

Guest Stormin1982

Anyone see Homeland - on Showtime - Brodie finds the serial # of the pace maker of the Vice President and relays the information to an operative. The operative has the ability to shut down the device and the Vice President went into cardiac arrest. Really? Seriously? Vice President Cheyney is staying around for another 15 years! God Bless

<p>Dick Cheney has revealed that he had the <a href="http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/dick-cheney-feared-assassination-by-heart-device-hack-98550.html">wireless feature of his implated defibrillator disabled so nobody could attempt to assassinate him.</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div style="border-bottom: medium none; text-align: left; border-left: medium none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; overflow: hidden; border-top: medium none; border-right: medium none; text-decoration: none"> </div>

Hey, decided to see if the man shot by DC in 2006 was still alive, as I recall he was 78 when the incident happened.

Sure enough, Harry Whittington is still alive aged 91. Would definitely QO considering the U.S. media's obsesson with the Vice President shooting a lil' old man.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Hey, decided to see if the man shot by DC in 2006 was still alive, as I recall he was 78 when the incident happened.

Sure enough, Harry Whittington is still alive aged 91. Would definitely QO considering the U.S. media's obsesson with the Vice President shooting a lil' old man.

He was on my Not the List of the Missed theme team in 2017. Survived, of course.

• Like 1

The bastard is 78 today. :birthday:

• Haha 1

Saw the Vice movie last night - an interesting and occasionally surreal trawl through the alleged activities of this most secretive of politicians. Worth a look and - if you do - worth staying for a little dramatic incident they drop into the end credits.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

worth staying for a little dramatic incident they drop into the end credits.

That'll be fucked if it gets on Netflix, then.  :angry:

Oh look, time to welcome the cunt back on the list 

Not likely to gonna die this year, but interesting pick.

Timing is everything in DP.  This is a solid pick.  Kept off him long enough.  He’s to be included every year until he dies, meaning this year lol