Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

New Year Greetings

Happy New Year to you all 'lang may yer lums reek' , 'slainte mhath' tae aw' ra DLr's ( :o especially HCW)

Our First Foot made us laugh tonight, we opened the door and got 'something to eat, something to drink & something to burn', "Black bun, malt whisky (a fine Scapa 15 y/o for malt whisky buffs) and of course something to burn ............................a packet of fags, beats a bit of coal any day !

Happy New Year to you all 'lang may yer lums reek' , 'slainte mhath' tae aw' ra DLr's ( ;) especially HCW)

Thanks, Hope your hangover is a small one. With a bit of luck I'll see you both on 4/2/06.

Ayns Gaelg "Blein vie noa"

Guest Toke Deltorso

yea happy whatever!. ;)

Having just recovered from a New Year party that started on the 31st and finished last night, may I be possibly the last to wish a happy and (death-wise) fecund New Year to all on the good ship Deathlist.

Online again at last, so HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

:blink:

My excuse is nothing like as interesting as yours, Anubis; I was in the middle of nowhere enjoying good food and wine and a bit of seasonal weather, but no electronic communications.

Happy very belated New Year!

Mine was spent on the banks of Lake Ontario - thoroughly enjoyed by all. Rather unfortunately, my luggage seems to have enjoyed itself a little too much, and has refused to return to the US. I am currently missing my pyjamas, slippers, and prezzies the most :blink: .

Anyway, great to read you all again, and may I say that the 2006 list looks smashing (the lack of 1980s TV detectives notwithstanding). Although CLS has my full and continued support for a swift and peaceful passing, I am considering championing Aaron Spelling this year, in honour of all the fabulous shows he's given us over the years.

PS - I saw on an advert for one of those morning talk shows that Dick Clark, having survived the Rockin' Eve, is doing very poorly health-wise.

Mine was spent on the banks of Lake Ontario - thoroughly enjoyed by all. Rather unfortunately, my luggage seems to have enjoyed itself a little too much, and has refused to return to the US. I am currently missing my pyjamas, slippers, and prezzies the most :blink: .

Perhaps a trip to Margate is in order. Or if you're very nice to him, Notapotato might lend you his.

Or if you're very nice to him, Notapotato might lend you his.

Hopes and dreams SttG, hopes and dreams...

Happy new year!!!!

On New Years Eve someone was feeding me a spirit with gold flecks in it -

does anyone have any idea what it could have been? How will it affect my digestive tract? It certainly affected by cognitive abilities on the night.

By the way Mrs Death Trip's parents were not terribly impressed when I mentioned Kir5ty Howard's survival chances for 2006 over my belated Xmas dinner. I wonder if any other Death Listers committed a similar faux pas?

:unsure:

Happy new year!!!!

does anyone have any idea what it could have been? How will it affect my digestive tract? It certainly affected by cognitive abilities on the night.

By the way Mrs Death Trip's parents were not terribly impressed when I mentioned Kir5ty Howard's survival chances for 2006 over my belated Xmas dinner. I wonder if any other Death Listers committed a similar faux pas?

Sounds nastily like Goldschlager to me. Bet that one hurt the next day. And I too made a similar error of judgement in discussing the Deathlist with a heretic. Burn 'em I'd say.

Happy new year!!!!

does anyone have any idea what it could have been?  How will it affect my digestive tract? It certainly affected by cognitive abilities on the night.

By the way Mrs Death Trip's parents were not terribly impressed when I mentioned Kir5ty Howard's survival chances for 2006 over my belated Xmas dinner.  I wonder if any other Death Listers committed a similar faux pas?

Sounds nastily like Goldschlager to me. Bet that one hurt the next day. And I too made a similar error of judgement in discussing the Deathlist with a heretic. Burn 'em I'd say.

Goldschlager it was indeed. Tastes cinnomony.

Happy new year!!!!

does anyone have any idea what it could have been?  How will it affect my digestive tract? It certainly affected by cognitive abilities on the night.

By the way Mrs Death Trip's parents were not terribly impressed when I mentioned Kir5ty Howard's survival chances for 2006 over my belated Xmas dinner.  I wonder if any other Death Listers committed a similar faux pas?

Goldschlager it was indeed. Tastes cinnomony.

Or some fancy Polish vodka, perhaps?

...while the sweet, aniseed Gold Wasser with gold leaf (originally added for the benefit of rheumatics) was considered the ultimate after-dinner chaser.

Or some fancy Polish vodka, perhaps?

Belvedere, from Poland, has got to be one of, if not THE finest vodka I've ever had the pleasure of tasting.

Happy new year and all that good stuff. We'll be taking our Christmas decorations down on Friday (and probably for several weeks after that).

I mentioned DL & DDP to some relatives & they went sort-of blank as if they couldn't understand what I was talking about!

Mine was spent on the banks of Lake Ontario - thoroughly enjoyed by all. Rather unfortunately, my luggage seems to have enjoyed itself a little too much, and has refused to return to the US. I am currently missing my pyjamas, slippers, and prezzies the most :( .

Perhaps a trip to Margate is in order. Or if you're very nice to him, Notapotato might lend you his.

I'm afraid they're no longer in the best of nick. I'd be pleased to lend them to you for a bit if you want though.

Mine was spent on the banks of Lake Ontario - thoroughly enjoyed by all. Rather unfortunately, my luggage seems to have enjoyed itself a little too much, and has refused to return to the US. I am currently missing my pyjamas, slippers, and prezzies the most :( .

I'm afraid they're no longer in the best of nick. I'd be pleased to lend them to you for a bit if you want though.

Aw! That's very sweet of you, Mr notapotato! However, I am pleased to announce that my luggage arrived safe and sound on my doorstep last night, a scant 24 hours after I did. I am currently sporting said slippers, which are fuzzy and pink.

It was strange for me, all i had to frink (as far as i remember) was 1 stella but then i appeared in a car wreck.

Happy New Year to you all 'lang may yer lums reek' , 'slainte mhath' tae aw' ra DLr's ( :o  especially  HCW)

Thanks, Hope your hangover is a small one. With a bit of luck I'll see you both on 4/2/06.

Hangover was cured by the traditional Scottish breakfast..... bacon, tattie scones, square sausage, black pudding, fried eggs and Irn Bru, hopefully see you on the 4th

To be honest..I'm now working on a new one...heheh OOps

Happy New Year to you all 'lang may yer lums reek' , 'slainte mhath' tae aw' ra DLr's ( :lol:  especially  HCW)

Hangover was cured by the traditional Scottish breakfast..... bacon, tattie scones, square sausage, black pudding, fried eggs and Irn Bru, hopefully see you on the 4th

What a superb feast! Lorne sausage and tattie scones, lol! Makes me pine for the fjords, or at least the mean streets of Dennistoun. Those were the days, my friends, when Barr's Irn Bru could, almost literally, cure anything.

To wit, a friend of mine at Uni was run over by a car in the centre of Glasgow but managed to hobble back to the flat with a broken leg (needless to say, we weren't in any way sober at the time; a handful of Possil's finest class A's and a healthy dose of Tennents' Super saw to that). After a night on our couch and several large glasses of the bru, he was fine when he boarded the ambulance the next morning. The paramedics said it was probably the Irn Bru that stemmed the internal bleeding and prevented his premature demise*.

* That last sentence is a lie.

I think some of our members are already in 2007, so I thinks it's time to wish all users of DL forum a healthy and happy 2007.

Edit to add:

• bubbles, check
  • fireworks, check
  • two eyes, check
  • ten fingers, check
  • two ears, ringing, but check
    so:
  • 2007, check

Happy New Year :pop: ,

Hein

As we say in Maryport:

A'd like ter wish everyone 'ereabouts a dead barie new year, wid the exception ov the fifty individuals whee'll find themsells on uz lis'.

Go well in 2007 everyone.