msc

Sid Waddell

Britain's second most famous darts commentator Tony Green, perhaps better known for his appearances on Bullseye, is suffering from cancer of the tongue.

Wish it'd been Waddell and the tongue had to go, can't stand the bloke. The ultimate Marmite commentator, along with Alan Green (who I also can't stand). Thinking about it, nobody likes Alan Green do they.

Freddie Flintoff was guest commentating on the darts yesterday. Enthusiastic, but pretty shit.

Unlike Harry, I quite like Sid Waddell.

However, the news that he's been diagnosed with bowel cancer may be of interest.

Britain's second most famous darts commentator Tony Green, perhaps better known for his appearances on Bullseye, is suffering from cancer of the tongue.

Wish it'd been Waddell and the tongue had to go, can't stand the bloke. The ultimate Marmite commentator, along with Alan Green (who I also can't stand). Thinking about it, nobody likes Alan Green do they.

Freddie Flintoff was guest commentating on the darts yesterday. Enthusiastic, but pretty shit.

However, the news that he's been diagnosed with bowel cancer may be of interest.

I wish the man no ill, I'm just not keen on his going apeshit every time someone throws a 180. I've even thrown a few myself, it's not that hard. And fellow commentator John Gwynne is possibly even more irritating.

I have no gripes over Sky's greyhound racing coverage, so hopefully their commentators will stay illness-free.

Sid still goes into the notebook, though. Any news on Greeny? (Tony, not Alan)

I wish the man no ill, I'm just not keen on his going apeshit every time someone throws a 180. I've even thrown a few myself, it's not that hard. And fellow commentator John Gwynne is possibly even more irritating.

I have no gripes over Sky's greyhound racing coverage, so hopefully their commentators will stay illness-free.

Sid still goes into the notebook, though. Any news on Greeny? (Tony, not Alan)

Well, he was back commentating on the Winmau Master tourney last month, so the signs are good for a return to the BDO World Championships in January!

Guest Lewser

Darts commentator Sid Waddell was today diagnosed with bowel cancer - could be a possibility for next year's list?!

Darts commentator Sid Waddell was today diagnosed with bowel cancer - could be a possibility for next year's list?!

Depends pretty much on how advanced it is and how he responds to treatment I'd say

If he was diagnosed today msc must be able to see into the future.

He predicted it on the 21st

Hey, I know the Blake Edwards/James Moody thing was unfortunate (sorry again for folk who had them on their lists) but I seriously saw a link to it on Twitter. No prophecies. :lol:

Hey, I know the Blake Edwards/James Moody thing was unfortunate (sorry again for folk who had them on their lists) but I seriously saw a link to it on Twitter. No prophecies. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waddell will be "at the World Championships", although whether that's as a commentator or just to observe The Groper stroll to another title isn't clear.

No sign of Sidney in the booth for the first two days, probably waiting till after Christmas. Hasn't tweeterated for 5 whole days, which is unlike him.

Just saw Sid in the crowd during Nicholson/Huybrechts. Twitter sez he's been advised against commentating this year by doctors.

Does he look awful?

Actually, can we give Waddell his own thread? There's enough discussion of him in this thread to warrant spinning off. I suggest "There's only one word for that: bowel cancer" as the thread sub-title.

Just saw Sid in the crowd during Nicholson/Huybrechts. Twitter sez he's been advised against commentating this year by doctors.

Does he look awful?

He looked like a guy who'd been undergoing chemo for the past three months.

Does he look awful?

I see...but did he look awful enough for a place on my DDP?

Does he look awful?

I see...but did he look awful enough for a place on my DDP?

I'm skeptical. I think he'll be OK personally, I've not even got him on my mid-list for my final 20.

Nicholson's throwing nothing but nails out there right now.

I held off on starting a thread for him in case he made the fatal 50, but he got away scot-free from that so fuck it, here goes nothing. If the mods can do the honours with the posts we have so far...

Anyway, our man's back on the Twitter after falling silent for a while. He says he had a "blip" over Christmas but says he's feeling "magnifique" now. Prepare for more 140-character mundanities c+p'd into this thread as the year goes on.

Also on a darts-related illness note, how's Shaun Greatbatch doing these days? Last news was that his bone marrow cancer was in remission but that was over a year ago now...

I held off on starting a thread for him in case he made the fatal 50, but he got away scot-free from that so fuck it, here goes nothing. If the mods can do the honours with the posts we have so far...

Anyway, our man's back on the Twitter after falling silent for a while. He says he had a "blip" over Christmas but says he's feeling "magnifique" now. Prepare for more 140-character mundanities c+p'd into this thread as the year goes on.

Reports in December were that the treatment was going well and that the doctors were optimistic of a full recovery, so that was good enough for him to be excluded from consideration for the list. His Twitter silence and no show at Ally Pally were a bit concerning but glad to see he has finally returned.

Sid's back in decent fettle on Twitter and talking about how he's already got a lengthy list of quips he can use during the first Ted Hankey/Paul Nicholson encounter. So unless The Count and The Asset plan on putting on an exhibition in a chemo ward, we can only assume he plans on sticking around for a good while longer.

Sid's back in decent fettle on Twitter and talking about how he's already got a lengthy list of quips he can use during the first Ted Hankey/Paul Nicholson encounter. So unless The Count and The Asset plan on putting on an exhibition in a chemo ward, we can only assume he plans on sticking around for a good while longer.

TV gold! It has to happen.

All Death needs is double top. Double ten.....Double five!!

Waddell returns to the commentary box tonight for the first time since his diagnosis, helming coverage of the Premier League Darts. His comeback match will be Andy Hamilton versus James Wade.

Waddell returns to the commentary box tonight for the first time since his diagnosis, helming coverage of the Premier League Darts. His comeback match will be Andy Hamilton versus James Wade.

Glad to hear it.