A field as broad as this one surely deserves its own thread. Just as its natural bedfellow, Fascinating Creatures - Squids, allows discussion of some similar species (i.e the octopus), so this thread should open its arms to anyone knitting for gerbils, mice, rats or even pigmy shrew.

I think it should also follow fascinating items of hamster wheel news like this snippet forecasting hamster-powered ipods, thanks to special hamster jackets (a future knitting pattern?).

Thread inspired by guest post here.

Whoops, can someone remove the double post? My internet went down for the umpteenth time at the crucial moment and I must have pressed twice.

I don't know a thing about knitting, so I don't think I'll ever post on topic in this topic, but even then I think one topic about Knitting For Hamsters (and other small furry creatures) will do. :)

One craft I enjoy doing is carpentry. I'm pathetically bad at it, but I still enjoy doing it. Perhaps I'll start a topic about dovetail joining for coffins.

regards,

Hein

I think Richard O' Sullivan deserves a fleeting mention here...does anyone have a hamster called Dickie O?

Fawlty-Towers-Basil-the-Rat.jpg

Siberian Hamsters surely need some nice warm clothes.

il_570xN.166860309.jpg

This is vaguely sinister. The eyes make me feel like it's part of a low-key horror flick.

il_570xN.166860309.jpg

This is vaguely sinister. The eyes make me feel like it's part of a low-key horror flick.

Damn! I was about to post the same picture. What did they do to the poor animal?

regards,

Hein

Oh, I thought Spade had just knitted him especially for the thread. I was just going to say, respect.

410723993e45fa952642c05bcb66e506.jpg

If Hammer Horror made Hamster Horror.....

Oh, I thought Spade had just knitted him especially for the thread. I was just going to say, respect.

Oh, if only I had the time. I'm currently making a decoupage model of my 2012 DDP line-up. Malam Bacai Sanha's coming on a treat.

Smith_004_medium.JPG

This is a niffler, a mythological rodent with a bad disposition and a penchant for bright shiny objects.

And where else to post a naked bunny girl?

I've never really considered knitting, but a thought I've often had about the little creatures is this:

Is it possible to juggle hamsters humanely? _catjuggling__by_neek_zique.gif(I know these are cats, but a google image search for "hamster juggling smiley" didn't produce much)

The strategically placed little finger of the woman makes it look like the hamster has a willy.

I've never really considered knitting, but a thought I've often had about the little creatures is this:

Is it possible to juggle hamsters humanely? _catjuggling__by_neek_zique.gif(I know these are cats, but a google image search for "hamster juggling smiley" didn't produce much)

No but you can get a virtual one to play with. I have this one on my homepage. http://abowman.com/google-modules/hamster/

No but you can get a virtual one to play with. I have this one on my homepage. http://abowman.com/g...odules/hamster/

I have tried feeding him (her? how can one tell?) constantly for a few minutes. What a greedy pig!

No but you can get a virtual one to play with. I have this one on my homepage. http://abowman.com/g...odules/hamster/

I have tried feeding him (her? how can one tell?) constantly for a few minutes. What a greedy pig!

Stop overfeeding your hamster before I report you. Feed him for a little while and then stop. He'll have himself a little drink from his hamster bottle. Honestly, some people shouldn't have pets.

Stop overfeeding your hamster before I report you. Feed him for a little while and then stop. He'll have himself a little drink from his hamster bottle. Honestly, some people shouldn't have pets.

Ah, now that we have the expert on the line, I have a question: such a hamster is very nice, but do they grow if you feed them? You know how it is: they're cute when they're small.

regards,

Hein

Ah, now that we have the expert on the line, I have a question: such a hamster is very nice, but do they grow if you feed them? You know how it is: they're cute when they're small.

regards,

Hein

Well of course they'll grow, and when they do you'll need to buy a larger monitor, that's all. Josco is probably already shopping for a 25 " screen due to irresponsibly stuffing his hamster with food.

regards,

Hein

Well of course they'll grow, and when they do you'll need to buy a larger monitor, that's all. Josco is probably already shopping for a 25 " screen due to irresponsibly stuffing his hamster with food.

So if I stop feeding him he'll fit on to my iPhone?

regards,

Hein

So if I stop feeding him he'll fit on to my iPhone?

If I were you I'd reserve the iPhone for the litter of baby Hamsters which may be forthcoming.