Lard Bazaar

The Bill (And Other Cop Shows)

Tony Scannell, who played DS Ted Roach in the best era of The Bill, reportedly dead aged 74.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Great facts on Wikipedia:

Tony was a talented musician and played keyboards for a Kajagoogoo tribute band called Kaja-who-who between 2004-2014 playing a farewell gig in the Rose and Crown in Little Hampton.

• Like 1

The info about his being in a Kajagoogoo tribute band was only added to his wiki entry in March by an anonymous user. It may well be true. But the cynic in me would probably want a little more corroboration.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Great facts on Wikipedia:

49 minutes ago, JimK said:

The info about his being in a Kajagoogoo tribute band was only added to his wiki entry in March by an anonymous user. It may well be true. But the cynic in me would probably want a little more corroboration.

Where is this 'Little Hampton' of which it speaks? There's a Littlehampton just along the coast from me, but google bing tells me that the Rose & Crown there closed in 1915 (I'm a cynic too).

Edit to add

Either the S*n has more information or its been reading the same wikipedia entry!

As well as acting, Scannell was a talented musician who played the keyboard for a Kajagoogoo tribute band called Kaja-who-who.