Paul Bearer

Jamaican Jamming

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Iain does what he does as the character he plays, 'CoffinLodger', as a source of entertainment, and other people reciprocate.

You're grossly misconstruing a bit of pisstaking as contempt.

Be better, please.

Nup. I know it when I see it.

Address, respond. Please don't snipe sideways.

I'd like to think it's banter. Recent posts are obviously not imo. Come along, there's responsive humour of which you are all capable of,  girls in the locker room whispers really are beneath you. You know it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I think Tyler has great insight on cyberbullying. : OFWGKTA

That is terrible reggae lol.

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Nup. I know it when I see it.

Address, respond. Please don't snipe sideways.

I'd like to think it's banter. Recent posts are obviously not imo. Come along, there's responsive humour of which you are all capable of,  girls in the locker room whispers really are beneath you. You know it.

It IS banter. I know you’re incapable of partaking yourself (without immediately muting the other party anyway), that doesn’t mean other people can’t.

And two more pointers for you:

- Pack that patronising tone of yours in.

- They’re ‘changing rooms’ in the UK.

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

It IS banter. I know you’re incapable of partaking yourself (without immediately muting the other party anyway), that doesn’t mean other people can’t.

And two more pointers for you:

- Pack that patronising tone of yours in.

- They’re ‘changing rooms’ in the UK.

Aww. Let's leave it there then.

No idea what changing rooms means. I won't partake in ganging up on another poster across several threads. Which is what happened here.

Maybe the first time, like, ever, somebody has accused people of bullying a troll.:lol:

Coffin Lodger is playing us all like a violin, he is very good at it tbf.

My money is on him being an existing member...:sherlock:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

BBC obit. Sad news.

Just seen his obituary on BBC News. Supposedly he had a subsequent stroke in July 2020 and had been in hospital since then! That's rough.

It wasn't public knowledge, but it was known that he had a minor stroke in 2018. Maybe should have been on our radars but hey ho, we can't bag em all.

16 hours ago, Planetist said:

Yeah, sad - not many of their greatest generation left alive now. But Lee Scratch Perry amazes me. Reggae's Keef, not that I'm suggesting a poll between those two, or owt.

Tremendous loss, Bunny Wailer.

RIP

Peps-Persson-foto-Michael-Ek-e1486219889199.thumb.jpg.e6470c02818b01ba082b700b852731a0.jpg

Peps Persson, Swedish reggae and blues musician has died aged 74:

https://www.svt.se/kultur/musikern-peps-persson-ar-dod

Reworked music by Muddy Waters (1913-1983), Elmore James (1918-1963) and Bob Marley (1945-1981) into Swedish. Earliest famous Swedish reggae musician, later worked with Timbuktu (b. 1975) another one of the six Swedish reggae musicians famous enough to have a wiki page.

I'm not suprised, he seems to be smoking in atleast half of the pictures taken of him

• Like 1

https://www.dancehallmag.com/2021/08/25/news/reggae-cult-figure-ijahman-levi-hospitalised-in-france-with-covid-family-asks-for-prayers.html

Reggae cult figure Ijahman Levi also known as The Youth (real name Trevor Sutherland) who emigrated to the UK in 1963 and released his first single in 1966 has been hospitalised with covid in France.

Apparently got it from performing at a festival.

On 03/03/2021 at 08:44, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, sad - not many of their greatest generation left alive now. But Lee Scratch Perry amazes me. Reggae's Keef, not that I'm suggesting a poll between those two, or owt.

Lee Scratch Perry reportedly dead: https://nationwideradiojm.com/reggae-great-lee-scratch-perry-dies/

Surely he's a DDP Pick.

Edit: Apparently not! He definitely has been in the past!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Had considered doing a theme team of Grand Theft Auto voice actors next year, there goes the projected captain.

• Sad 1

Saddened to hear about Lee Scratch Perry. Like a true ignorant millennial, it was GTA V’s Blue Ark radio station that introduced me to him a few years back, have been a fan of his work since.

• Like 1

Gutted. Pioneer of dub music. Reggae legend. Missed him perform last year in Oxford, cancelled because of covid and rescheduled for next month. Such a loss. 

• Like 2

I saw Lee Scratch Perry play in Exeter a couple of times.  Great nights out!  I doubt many people have lived a life in proximity to as much cannabis as he did. 

42 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I saw Lee Scratch Perry play in Exeter a couple of times.  Great nights out!  I doubt many people have lived a life in proximity to as much cannabis as he did. 

A good bet. Proof even those with improbable inner strength are mortal - though his work and influence have a long life ahead of them. 

A cult(ish) radio show very dear to my heart has some editing to do on a pre-recorded show due to air soon. Scratch's new single features in an opening triple shot followed by a statement suggesting he still lives. 

• Like 1