BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

No appearance of the Duke at the Parade at Windsor. Clearly too old to sit in public. Queen looks well enough - got gloves on so no shot of her hands. Felt a bit short - the build up music went on longer.

• Like 1

I've had some very anti climatic birthday celebrations, but I've never had to celebrate one completely on my own ( I'm not counting the entertainers as guests)!

11 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

No appearance of the Duke at the Parade at Windsor. Clearly too old to sit in public. Queen looks well enough - got gloves on so no shot of her hands. Felt a bit short - the build up music went on longer.

It is interesting that he didn't turn up, and not seen in public except a photo in many months.Could he be a lot more frail than they are letting on?

On 11/06/2020 at 14:12, Putin said:

Think the Queen will surpass his age when he die?

Absolute no brainer.She will be occasionally wheeled out in a chair at the age of 110 to support King Charles or William at special events ! (probably King William because Charles will pre decease her!)

she does look good for her age but its not realistic to think someone will live  to 110

53 minutes ago, runebomme said:

she does look good for her age but its not realistic to think someone will live  to 110

well her mother was an alcoholic and stoic about health concerns and she still made 101. Then again her father died of cancer at age 52.

The Queen has a better chance of reaching 110 years of age than most she has lived a life luxury, her Alkie Mother lived to 101 so has good Genes also she has the best Medical care money can buy, she won’t have to wait months for possible treatment on the NHS time that can be crucial. Also most ‘normal’ people will of had to struggle to pay the bills having to work several jobs etc all things that eventually take toll on the body again the Queen has never had this type of stress that surely affects longevity. No guarantee Queen will love that long but I wouldn’t be surprised if she did. 

• Like 1

Woman are less affected by that phenomenon and yet still, Norman Lloyd's wife of 75 years died in 2011 when he was 97 and he's still alive.

21 hours ago, IRememberTheDayZsaZsaDied said:

I don't think that she will live to 110, she will probably die shortly after Prince Phillip from a broken heart...

Or take to drink and pickle herself like her mum did!

• Haha 1

I think she will go in the region 103-105 based on current evidence.

Will revise if Philip dies this year.

• Like 1

Just been informed by a journalist friend of mine that they've been put on a state of alert for a possibly big Royal story .No idea what it could be but when I asked him is it anything to do with Philip he just said 'not saying'. Reports of him being taken out of Windsor by helicopter late last night have not been confirmed or denied by Buck Palace.The next few hours will be very interesting! 

Just now, CoffinLodger said:

Just been informed by a journalist friend of mine that they've been put on a state of alert for a possibly big Royal story .No idea what it could be but when I asked him is it anything to do with Philip he just said 'not saying'. Reports of him being taken out of Windsor by helicopter late last night have not been confirmed or denied by Buck Palace.The next few hours will be very interesting! 

Nice try, Iain.

< checks poker draw >

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

RE: Dick Harmon had a very interesting take today (Faceman ...

I thought Cat was back for a second there!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

I thought Cat was back for a second there!

Wish he was...guess I'm sentimentally hankering for his return....

• Like 1

I could believe it. I posted in here in February that he was on death's door, because that's what 2 separate sources told me. It turned out he was very ill but not quite dying, suffering from hypertension at home and was being constantly monitored. Would explain why the recent anniversary photo of him and the Queen was photoshopped. I don't think we'll be seeing anymore public appearances from the Duke and he may be gone before the year is out.

• Like 1

image.png.dac2cdf2a9161676d11834357395cce3.png

• Haha 12

Is this a new picture of him? 
Prince Philip

4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Yes because this website would be the place where such a story would ever actually break.

A big royal story red alert doesn't even mean a royal death there so famous one of them going to hospital alone or even a preggers announcement could be a red alert. 

Re the driving - he's driving a golf buggy around Windsor estate, let him ffs. 

If he is being taken to hospital then they must think his condition is treatable. If he was ready to snuff it I am not sure they would bother, the Queen mum died at her home after being ill.

I call bs on this, but still think he won’t make it through august.

If he was dying in hospital would they keep it quiet till he was dead or make it public? Not that he is, just in case... I should have pointed out that the journalist friend I mentioned works on a local newspaper so the 'big story' could just be a royal visit by Prince William or someone to open up a new hospital.Like most journos he does tend to exaggerate at times ...:unsure: