BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

3 hours ago, Seppuku said:

The way they edited the picture to remove the reflection of the car window and increase the brightness wouldn't do me any favors either. 

Original picture and a few more here

Looks all right for now. Stil able to travel and get out of a car on his own. 

Looks in pretty good shape for his age getting out that car - no sign of needing help or not being trusted to walk in public due to fall risk.

If it isn't going to be Trebek, I think it'll be this motherfucker next.

On 13/09/2020 at 19:27, msc said:

Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth once tried to pick a fight with another band's drummer in a nightclub. Now, Filth is a legit 5 foot 2 without boots on, so the scene was genuinely akin to a cartoon: him being Scrappy Doo and the drummer just putting a hand out on his head and stopping him. True story.

:lol:

On 18/11/2003 at 01:52, BirdieNumNums said:

I reckon you get 10 bonus points for that one!! But, I'd still like to see Phil the Greek on the list.......you never know who's gunning for him after this latest Royal Scandal. B) Anyway, if he does die ( hopefully in 2004 or sooner ) wil I get special mention for his nomination anyway? :D

I love how it's been nearly seventeen years since this person started the thread. Philip has looked frail for the last thirty years and in an interview from the mid-1990s, when asked about living to 100, answered "bits and pieces are already falling off me"

At this point I'm starting to like him because he was always different. No idea what's his diagnosis but he's someone I like to hear from, causing gaffes and behaving weirdly everywhere he goes. Or then he's just a relic from times when jokes used to be like that.

• Like 2

On 05/09/2020 at 22:39, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Prince Philip apparently in despair  at the damage Harry and Andrew are doing to the monarchy. 

49 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8790319/Prince-Philip-disappointed-Meghan-Markles-failure-support-monarchy.html

Prince Philip is irritated and very disappointed in Meghan Markle according to a  royal biographer. 

Gooseberry, mate, this is the exact same story by the exact same writer we moaned about 3 weeks ago!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Gooseberry, mate, this is the exact same story by the exact same writer we moaned about 3 weeks ago!

Oh dear! Tabloid rubbish recycling!:o:D

I have an old photo of Prince Philip and Elizabeth II

120572255_1738631166291736_6869716514107

Weird they used masks 50 years ago during holiday.

On 12/09/2020 at 13:16, Arsewipe said:

Are you retarded?

no need to be so rude

12 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

When was the last sighting of him?

Phil doesn't often appear in public so I wouldn't worry about him not being seen in around a month. He's always turned up with his mind and body in good condition but honestly could use some skin care. Liz is another thing, if she disappears something is wrong

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

When was the last sighting of him?

I believe this was the last public sighting of him (in June)

The Queen has returned to Windsor Castle after spending time with the Duke of Edinburgh at Sandringham, Buckingham Palace has confirmed. Pictured, the couple at Windsor in June

19 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I believe this was the last public sighting of him (in June)

No, it was about three weeks ago when they left Balmoral.  There was a photo of him, posted earlier.

14 hours ago, Toast said:

No, it was about three weeks ago when they left Balmoral.  There was a photo of him, posted earlier.

Found a newer one on Twitter

• Haha 2

I hope the Prince Philip and more importantly Queen what’s her name live long enough to bury their son Charles

6 hours ago, Nurse Rached said:

I hope the Prince Philip and more importantly Queen what’s her name live long enough to bury their son Charles

Queen what's her name the second actually

• Haha 2

pretty damn sure they're going to go atleast somewhat near each other

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Queen what's her name the second actually

Unless you're in Scotland in which case she's Queen Elizabeth the first. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Unless you're in Scotland in which case she's Queen Elizabeth the first. 

Surely just "Queen Elizabeth"?  There's no need for a number until there's a second.  We say "Queen Anne" and "Queen Victoria", never Anne I or Victoria I.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

Surely just "Queen Elizabeth"?  There's no need for a number until there's a second.  We say "Queen Anne" and "Queen Victoria", never Anne I or Victoria I.

Very true, but I believe in Scotland there was quite a lot of (fairly pointless) controversy when she took the throne as the pillar boxes carried EIIR in Scotland and as far as they're concerned they've never had a Queen called Elizabeth. That's what Paul's referring to (I think). Post boxes in Scotland are different to the rest of the UK to this day. It was known as the Pillar Box War.

Officially, apparently, we take the highest regnal number, whether that's Scottish or British. So in the future we might have King Malcolm V, King David III and King Robert IV, despite never having had any of those before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Very true, but I believe in Scotland there was quite a lot of (fairly pointless) controversy when she took the throne as the pillar boxes carried EIIR in Scotland and as far as they're concerned they've never had a Queen called Elizabeth. That's what Paul's referring to (I think). Post boxes in Scotland are different to the rest of the UK to this day. It was known as the Pillar Box War.

Officially, apparently, we take the highest regnal number, whether that's Scottish or British. So in the future we might have King Malcolm V, King David III and King Robert IV, despite never having had any of those before.

Which is almost certainly why those names are not given to Royal babies.

• Like 1