BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Looking at the statistics, the nr.1 pick hasn't died since 2016. So he will probably stay on for another year.

1 hour ago, Ceatach said:

Looking at the statistics, the nr.1 pick hasn't died since 2016. So he will probably stay on for another year.

image.thumb.png.493a232ce25b9d17d5506d730d443d99.png

• Haha 6

On 10/11/2020 at 04:55, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The big death that always seems to happen around Christmas I reckon 

December 25th usually takes a high profile person. 

6 minutes ago, RedDeadRedemption said:

December 25th usually takes a high profile person. 

Not really. The only big name to die on Christmas Day for the entire decade of the 2010s was George Michael in 2016.

Then you have to go back to Eartha Kitt in 2008 and James Brown in 2006 to get other big names.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not really. The only big name to die on Christmas Day for the entire decade of the 2010s was George Michael in 2016.

Then you have to go back to Eartha Kitt in 2008 and James Brown in 2006 to get other big names.

While I agree with your general point I'd argue that Sadhana Shivdasani is a big name for at least one member on the forums...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dean Martin 

Charlie Chaplin 

what I’m getting it became more apparent 

1 minute ago, RedDeadRedemption said:

Dean Martin 

Charlie Chaplin 

what I’m getting it became more apparent 

1977 and 1995 aren't really recent though...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

1977 and 1995 aren't really recent though...

No shit hahaha. Saying dec 25 usually takes someone that’s massively famous. 

51 minutes ago, RedDeadRedemption said:

No shit hahaha. Saying dec 25 usually takes someone that’s massively famous. 

5 years out of 43 does not = “usually”

In fact, it means usually not. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

5 years out of 43 does not = “usually”

In fact, it means usually not. :rolleyes:

hahaha I know! I’m on my 10th beer at the moment. Prob not helping in my case here. however it does take big names once in awhile. 
that sounds better. 

• Like 1

Worth noting that Prince Philip will become the oldest ever British Duke in a week from today (10th December) when he turns 99 years and 6 months. He’ll overtake the 8th Duke of Wellington who died on 31st December 2014 aged 99 years, 5 months, 29 days.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Worth noting that Prince Philip will become the oldest ever British Duke in a week from today (10th December) when he turns 99 years and 6 months. He’ll overtake the 8th Duke of Wellington who died on 31st December 2014 aged 99 years, 5 months, 29 days.

that’s cool 

they been married for 73 years. No idea why the deathlist committee can’t put the Queen on the there.

I’m assuming if one goes one will follow suit.

broken heart syndrome.

9 hours ago, RedDeadRedemption said:

that’s cool 

they been married for 73 years. No idea why the deathlist committee can’t put the Queen on the there.

I’m assuming if one goes one will follow suit.

broken heart syndrome.

it is worth noting, that the Broken Heart Syndrom mostly affects men as widowers. Women are far less likely to die shortly after their husband.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

it is worth noting, that the Broken Heart Syndrom mostly affects men as widowers. Women are far less likely to die shortly after their husband.

Because women are stronger 

23 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

It took the Queen Mum 50 Years

• Haha 5

Assuming Philip goes within the next 2 years (which isn't in itself a certainty), I think QEII will live for at least another decade BUT we should probably start putting her on the List circa 2025.

People need to get this nonsense out of their head about Philip dying then the Queen suddenly going down hill afterwards. For much of the year they're separated, and more so lately given Philip's retirement from public life. She did have a life prior to him and she will have one after him, regardless of length of marriage. Her focus has always been on service to her country, hence why I don't believe she will abdicate. She'd rather make Charles "Prince Regent" before doing that, whereby he fulfils all of her duties but she remains monarch in name. 

One of my friends used to be a butler for the Royals (no it isn't bloody Paul Burrell) and one thing he always stressed to me was the resilience of Her Majesty. She lost her father at a young age, and in the last two decades has watched as those from both the generation above her (the Queen Mother, Auntie Alice etc) and her own generation (friends, cousins, bridesmaids) have all passed away. She's always felt deep sorrow as such but springs back all the same. She's come to expect Philip's death for a long while now. He's been hospitalised on numerous occasions. I sincerely doubt that when he turned 90 she expected him to be around for another decade. She'll be very grateful that he's still by her side but by now she would have also come to terms with the fact that he likely won't be around for a great deal longer.

She'll go on and in mid–2024 she'll become the longest reigning sovereign monarch in world history. And if other users are skeptical about my forecast, they only need to go back to April 2018 in this thread, when I said Philip will reach his centenary. That was 32 months ago. He's only got 6 to go. Most on here bet on him being gone ages ago. Never write the Royals off easily. They don't get a cold then suddenly they're dead. It's degeneration that gets them always, and it takes a lot longer than most because they live very active lives and have access to the best healthcare money can buy.

• Like 5

Atleast another DECADE? I don't think that will happen, even though I'd not like seeing Charles on the throne.

On 03/12/2020 at 21:30, Ulitzer95 said:

That's a great fact!

He'll be older than the Grand Old Duke of York!

• Haha 1

Well if the Queen Mother lived to be 102 and Phillip had reached his 90s, so depending on the future the Queen may retire and give the throne to Charles as she will be 103 in 2029. Seeing as how they have the best healthcare and diet, it’s no wonder why Phillip is still alive and living to 100 possibly.

4 minutes ago, sheldondinkleberg said:

Well if the Queen Mother lived to be 102 and Phillip had reached his 90s, so depending on the future the Queen may retire and give the throne to Charles as she will be 103 in 2029.

Giving the throne up for Charles would ruin the fun though.

She's playing the world's longest game of "keep away" in trolling her own son. He'll be 80 by the time he gets there. In 10 years from now William and Kate will only be 48. IMO they should take over, but ofc that's not how it works. Charles would have to agree that's the best way forward. He'd have to give up his titles and vacate the lineage to the throne (possible but not straight forward) OR take the throne for one day then abdicate in favour of William.

Mind the long running tradition of either the Monarch or their spouse outliving one of their own kids too. I can't mind if it goes all the way to Elizabeth I (who didn't have any) but it goes close enough...

Since Libby I, the only ones to miss this are William III and Edward VIII (nae weans) and George I who died young.