BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Oh you are mad!

Welcome to the forum btw. Always great to have conspiracy theorists pop by. Makes me feel relatively sane by comparison.

He's not been seen in public for months. 

He's always wanted a private death. 

If he has died during Covid it would be a logistical nightmare I could see them putting the news on ice for a while. Queen looked a bit odd tonight as well, doppelganger? 

3 minutes ago, Where's the Greek? said:

He's not been seen in public for months. 

He's always wanted a private death. 

If he has died during Covid it would be a logistical nightmare I could see them putting the news on ice for a while. Queen looked a bit odd tonight as well, doppelganger? 

Excellent trolling, though I get the impression you’re not a new user but rather a recycled/sock puppet account.

Pretty sure I’ve heard a lot of this garbage before on here. :rolleyes:

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Excellent trolling, though I get the impression you’re not a new user but rather a recycled/sock puppet account.

Pretty sure I’ve heard a lot of this garbage before on here. :rolleyes:

You know you can be an Internet troll on the Internet and genuinely interested in non-mainstream news sources and looking past the obvious in the real world? 

There's something incredibly odd about the royal families immunity to illness in the Elizabethian age, it goes beyond purely money can buy immunity and good healthcare. They clear have access to drugs the rest of us don't. I don't see why they feel the need to hide it. 

3 minutes ago, Where's the Greek? said:

You know you can be an Internet troll on the Internet and genuinely interested in non-mainstream news sources and looking past the obvious in the real world? 

There's something incredibly odd about the royal families immunity to illness in the Elizabethian age, it goes beyond purely money can buy immunity and good healthcare. They clear have access to drugs the rest of us don't. I don't see why they feel the need to hide it. 

Total rubbish.

My parents and all of their siblings (9 of them) are in their 60s and 70s. Not one has ever had cancer.

All my grandparents and great uncles/aunts are dead but lived well into their 80s and 90s. None of them had cancer bar ONE – a great uncle who didn’t look after himself and lived on a diet rich in red meat. He developed stomach cancer as a result and was a goner in his 50s.

We don’t all get cancer you know! If you take very good care of yourself there’s a good chance your body will do the rest for you. Yes luck and genetics are a factor but a lot of the time it’s down to your own lifestyle choices.

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Total rubbish.

My parents and all of their siblings (9 of them) are in their 60s and 70s. Not one has ever had cancer.

All my grandparents and great uncles/aunts are dead but lived well into their 80s and 90s. None of them had cancer bar ONE – a great uncle who didn’t look after himself and lived on a diet rich in red meat. He developed stomach cancer as a result and was a goner in his 50s.

We don’t all get cancer you know! If you take very good care of yourself there’s a good chance your body will do the rest for you. Yes luck and genetics are a factor but a lot of the time it’s down to your own lifestyle choices.

Somewhere between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 people get cancer. It doesn't take a genius to work out the Royal family is way below that. 

And blaming cancer sufferers for their own illnesses is bloody low, many cancers are not lifestyle influenced and many of the ones that are are influenced by poverty not choices. 

• Like 1

Who to say he didn't pop out the back not in front of the Cameras to greet everyone.

F

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Where's the Greek? said:

Somewhere between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 people get cancer. It doesn't take a genius to work out the Royal family is way below that. 

And blaming cancer sufferers for their own illnesses is bloody low, many cancers are not lifestyle influenced and many of the ones that are are influenced by poverty not choices. 

I suggest you go read up on the “1 in 2/1 in 3 get cancer” statistic before you embarrass yourself further. That number is not simply randomised amongst the population. It is still influenced by genetics and by lifestyle.

I hate the word “blame” in this instance. I’m not “blaming” them because if somebody has a lifestyle-induced illness, it’s they who suffer and I have nothing but sympathy for them regardless of how they got there. I’ve worked in healthcare, and most doctors I’ve met would agree that a lot (and notice I’m not saying most or all) cancers are caused by lifestyle choices that are within the grasp of control.

Your point on poverty – sure, I agree that there are many in the world who aren’t in a position to make satisfactory lifestyle choices. However, I have difficulty believing that is the case in the United Kingdom and much of the Western World. Whilst relative poverty exists in the UK, *absolute* poverty is scarce. Very few people here live below the breadline. Even with a small amount of money in your back pocket it’s not hard to scrap together meals which are nutritionally satisfactory. Other than that, all you have to do is exercise moderately and keep your vices to a minimal level. It isn’t hard, and yet millions don’t live well, and that’s a big reason why cancer rates have soared in the last few decades. It isn’t because of some kind of genetic shift – that takes much much longer.

Right, done with this discussion. And next time you try to take the moral high ground over a user on here, please also remember that you’re sat at your computer screen on a forum betting on when an elderly man is going to die!  :rolleyes:

speaking of which this has been a 17 year old discussion now, and the person who started the thread has been active since then and won't get to experience the moment with us. 

3 hours ago, sheldondinkleberg said:

speaking of which this has been a 17 year old discussion now, and the person who started the thread has been active since then and won't get to experience the moment with us. 

so what

8 hours ago, Where's the Greek? said:

True, but many people have cancers but die of something else. 

Everyone gets cancer and the people that didnt get it just die of something else before they can.

5 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Everyone gets cancer and the people that didnt get it just die of something else before they can.

You don’t half talk some bollocks.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

If that were true then gerontologists wouldn’t be studying the genepool of centenarians / supercentenarians to work out why many of these people don’t get cancers, why they deteriorate far slower, and why some never get ill with colds/flus etc. 

Also, it’s a common misconception that as you age cancer precedence just keeps going up and up. It peaks between 55-75 then comes down. Why? Because as I said, it’s not randomised. It depends to a significant degree on lifestyle and genetics:

• Under 20: 1%
  • 20-34: 3%
  • 35-44: 5%
  • 45-54: 14%
  • 55-64: 24%
  • 65-74: 25%
  • 75-84: 20%
  • 85 and over: 8%
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just calculated that Phil will have outlived the Queen Mother on February 3, 2023. Will he do  it ? :unsure:

6 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You don’t half talk some bollocks.

I think it's living in the Virgo Supercluster that does it :sherlock:..

There are now 2 people (or possibly greys? Whatever) within the last few hours that you've considered (and you're not alone), have an 'interesting' (or drunk) viewpoint or two, and both claim to be from there or at least partly from there.

I knew I'd seen it as the habitat for more than one of our members, and now they're both within a few posts of each other just above. 

Neither of them is Bladan either.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I think it's living in the Virgo Supercluster that does it :sherlock:..

There are now 2 people (or possibly greys? Whatever) within the last few hours that you've considered (and you're not alone), have an 'interesting' (or drunk) viewpoint or two, and both claim to be from there or at least partly from there.

I knew I'd seen it as the habitat for more than one of our members, and now they're both within a few posts of each other just above. 

Neither of them is Bladan either.

Bloody hell I hadn’t noticed the whole Virgo Supercluster thing! Obviously folk from outside of it are much more agreeable :D

Bladan was a much better driveller.

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Virgo Supercluster thing!

Doubtless one or other will point out that we all live in it since it's a region of space that includes the milky way, which of course is technically quite correct. But the point is they are the only 2 that feel the need to actually include it under their avatar.

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Bladan was a much better driveller.

True, I don't think I ever understood more than about 10% of his posts, max. Takes some dedication to be that unintelligible.

The organizer in me would like to see Phil die this year.  That way the 2020 Death List will have lost its #1 and its #50.  There would be a nice symmetry to that. 

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Doubtless one or other will point out that we all live in it since it's a region of space that includes the milky way, which of course is technically quite correct.

Oh yes I know; for the benefit of those (twats :P) who’d have pointed this out, my comment was a reference to my general misanthropy.

• Like 1

Philip is an immoral immortal vampire bat man who leaves every night to drink the blood of virgins in the meadows. He will never die and his deathlist placement will make his long life seem rather suspicious. All deathlist curators need to be wary as they can expect a nightly retribution from the prince of death. Lock the windows.

33 minutes ago, odeon said:

Philip is an immoral immortal vampire bat man who leaves every night to drink the blood of virgins in the meadows. He will never die and his deathlist placement will make his long life seem rather suspicious. All deathlist curators need to be wary as they can expect a nightly retribution from the prince of death. Lock the windows.

Finding a meadow in the perimeter of the M25 is a big ask then having to find a virgin in said meadow. The guy probably deserves his immortality if it is that hard work.

• Haha 3

I am sure he will not die before the Queen. He wants a chance to chase tail again.

• Like 1

Frank and Babs Windsor have both carked this year.

Liz, Phil, Charlie and Andy will be bricking it over the next few weeks.

On 10/12/2020 at 14:40, odeon said:

You know what?

I remember going to your cinemas.

• Like 1

Re royals dying of cancer, Edward VIII did. I've often felt it strange to think that if he hadn't abdicated* he would have still been king when I was a kid.

(*Or as George Orwell put it, been sacked like a butler by the Conservative Party.)