BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

I think he'll hang on for the card off his missus then snuff it a few days later.

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My old flatmate was a butler for the Queen! :) He still stays in touch with loads of ppl who work as their Staff. They’ve all been isolated in a bubble since the start of the pandemic. The only thing that gets in and out of the estate are food deliveries.

Ooh interesting! I would love to know what Princess  Anne  thinks of Meghan  Markle or something juicy like that if you have any such gossip please?!:D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

If this zombie actually croaks, the QE2 could then die of a broken heart soon after. Perhaps Charlie boy could then have his long awaited coronation this year? However, I still think that Charles will die before Philip.

My grandfather always said that Charles would never get the throne. Ever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

My grandfather always said that Charles would never get the throne. Ever.

There's much greater evidence of Charles being a mortal being than Lizzie. At this point I'd be shocked if she died before 100.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

There's much greater evidence of Charles being a mortal being than Lizzie. At this point I'd be shocked if she died before 100.

She’ll want to surpass Louis XIV’s 72 year reign which would make her the worlds longer serving proper monarch ever.  I think this occurs when she turns 98.

After that she’ll just be reigning for shits and giggles and trolling Charles about it.

• Like 6

It's a "precaution" according to the official press statement

That said, have they taken precautions to protect any - ahem - ethnic minorities he might meet?

As much as he is easy to take the piss out of, his wartime service was much, much more than "just being there" - especially his actions during the invasion of Italy. Probably would have risen very high up the Royal Navy if he didn't have to give it up.

Also...how many other living people are there who were at the Japanese surrender ceremony as a commissioned officer? 

He's also in the line of succession to the British throne as a descendent of Sophie of Hanover, but a long, long way down it (and about 100th when he was born).

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

As much as he is easy to take the piss out of, his wartime service was much, much more than "just being there" - especially his actions during the invasion of Italy. Probably would have risen very high up the Royal Navy if he didn't have to give it up.

Also...how many other living people are there who were at the Japanese surrender ceremony as a commissioned officer? 

He's also in the line of succession to the British throne as a descendent of Sophie of Hanover, but a long, long way down it (and about 100th when he was born).

Yep have seen it said elsewhere that if George VI had of lived longer to something like his late 70's Early 80's It's likely Philip would  have probably become First Sea Lord

• Like 3

Funny moment, I came to this forum in full expectation to see Prince Phillip trending cuz I saw a few articles about his hospital admission but then Rush Limbaugh is dead as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Funny moment, I came to this forum in full expectation to see Prince Phillip trending cuz I saw a few articles about his hospital admission but then Rush Limbaugh is dead as well.

Rush must've detected that all eyes were on Philip, and figured this was his best shot to go under the radar

• Haha 3

Just now, Katyusha said:

Rush must've detected that all eyes were on Philip, and figured this was his best shot to go under the radar

Since when did Rush Limbaugh's perceptions of anything collide with much of reality?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This is probably so that Meghan doesn't get all the spotlight as everyone is worried about Phillip, lol.

The royal family like to one up each other and because Meghan announced pregnancy after Princess Eugenie had her baby I thought Kate was going to do something soon after. Nope it's Phillip's health getting headlines again.

33 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The royal family like to one up each other and because Meghan announced pregnancy after Princess Eugenie had her baby I thought Kate was going to do something soon after. Nope it's Phillip's health getting headlines again.

Prince Andrew " Hold my beer". 

• Haha 8

Phil will live to his 100th birthday and die shortly after.

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Phil will live to his 100th birthday and die shortly after.

I also think he’ll see 100. Both years old and “precautionary” hospital admissions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The poor bastard had no choice but to live - they've minted the coins, printed the stamps and made the tea towels for his birthday.

Unless they have hedged their bets with the designs. So instead of saying Happy Birthday, they just give his centenary dates 1921-2021. 

• Like 1

So, call it, does he do a Michael Jackson and crash the sickipedia when he goes?

I say, no

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, call it, does he do a Michael Jackson and crash the sickipedia when he goes?

I say, no

His wife's the crash causer in that relationship. :ph34r:

I heard somewhere that he's been joking with the hospital staff, any good sources that have confirmed this? I'm also interested in what that joke (or those jokes) was/were about.

I remember that once in the 90s, was it in 1991 or 1992 he said, when asked if he wanted to live to 100, "bits and pieces are already falling off me." Was it his 70th birthday?