BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

14 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I wonder if hospitals ever treat the admission of any 99 year old as an emergency - I can't imagine all the doctors and nurses rushing round the hospital desperately trying to prolong the life of a 99 year old but maybe they do.

Yes, even though it's Prince Philip, I bet you are right about that- I saw that with my Dad, and he was only 91! I don't think they will just let him die though, I bet there would be at least some effort- this is when I bet we would all like to be flies on the wall!

3 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

Harry is a much, much closer likeness to Philip than James Hewitt. 

And he has the colouring of his mother's side of the family.

I have more belief in the claims Andrew is the result of an affair between the Queen and Lord Porchester, in all honesty.

elle-prince-harry-prince-philip-1530894555.jpg

Prince Harry has the same close together eyes that Prince Charles has- no doubt in my mind, he is legitimate

I can't imagine the Queen would be putting out statements about Harry and Meghan if Philip is going to snuf it later today.

• Like 1

Favourite tweet about the latest regarding Prince Philip:

• Haha 3

Being kept in until next week, mildly ominous?

16 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

He got a urinary infection around the Diamond Jubilee didn't he?

Well where else would he have had it?? 

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, MarcJWallace said:

Being kept in until next week, mildly ominous?

Maybe but royal correspondents are joking on Twitter which means they  don't seem to be thinking he is on the way out soon.

I reckon Mr and Mrs Henry Hewitt will be relived he's being monitored.

Still safe to travel through tunnels for the time being...

• Haha 1

Quote from the BBC article about the potential longer stay:

Prince Philip remains in good spirits and his doctor is acting with an "abundance of caution", the source said.

This isn't what you say when you're preparing people for the end. He'll be fine, they're just not taking any chances.

24 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Well where else would he have had it?? 

Post of the day :lol:

Perhaps he's expected to be at ambient temperature early next week and The Palace are working on their statement to the BBC. It seems like February will end with a horse-drawn carriage and the Royal Standard on display.

• Confused 1

Guardian app goes black.

Not the website however.

• Like 2

This thread is currently 91 pages long. So Philip's thread is now two pages longer than Lizzie's. Maybe that's the whole purpose behind these hospitalizations?

Anyway, in terms of "longest single person thread", Donald Trump is running ahead comfortably now. Now, I guess either Philip or Elizabeth might shortly surpass Trump's thread in the aftermath of their death, but Trump might well retake the lead with his inevitable demise.

11 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Guardian app goes black.

Not the website however.

Nice spot! Newsreaders on the BBC still wearing colours though (not standing by in a safe little black number to announce something mournfully)

35 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Guardian app goes black.

Not the website however.

As a non english I have no idea if this is a HUGE hint or not, can someone please explain ?

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

As a non english I have no idea if this is a HUGE hint or not, can someone please explain ?

It's not a huge hint...just a fun "maybe a hint" kind of thing and it's based on there being detailed plans in place within all news establishments (print and televised) to ensure that when a Royal dies they announce it respectfully, promptly and in line with strict policies/procedures. (I.e. don't announce it wearing a low cleavage polka dot dress, don't post the headline next to a comedy story etc)

So the Guardian going black could be seen as them expecting to have to be in an official state of mourning any time now. 

36 minutes ago, j0neseur0 said:

Nice spot! Newsreaders on the BBC still wearing colours though (not standing by in a safe little black number to announce something mournfully)

I had dark mode on. :facepalm:

• Haha 11

12 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

I was just about to say that's a bit strange, as mine is still it's regular navy blue.

On the topic of BBC newsreaders, IIRC, the protocol is no longer that they need to wear black, provided what they are wearing is relatively sombre. I believe they also have black ties for the males kept under the desk, so the changeover wouldn't take long.

EDIT: Another thought. Any royal death announcement would be embargoed to ensure all commonwealth leaders have been contacted. There's a good chance the news organisations will know about a royal passing for a while before it's released to the public. As such, the news channels would probably get a senior presenter ready to go on air with all black clothing.

Edited by ECG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dying Probably said:

Thankyou that's quality, that's the best laugh I've had all week. 

I don't expect you are, but don't be even a little bit hard on yourself about it - when I make a balls up, which is often, it's rarely as amusing as that.

Still sN-wording - with you, not at you.

Edit: Sort the filter out..... sn ig gering? That's worse than Scunthorpe catching out a load of rubbish sites filters.

How is anyone ever going to refer or explain Muttley properly then?

1 hour ago, ECG said:

I was just about to say that's a bit strange, as mine is still it's regular navy blue.

On the topic of BBC newsreaders, IIRC, the protocol is no longer that they need to wear black, provided what they are wearing is relatively sombre. I believe they also have black ties for the males kept under the desk, so the changeover wouldn't take long.

EDIT: Another thought. Any royal death announcement would be embargoed to ensure all commonwealth leaders have been contacted. There's a good chance the news organisations will know about a royal passing for a while before it's released to the public. As such, the news channels would probably get a senior presenter ready to go on air with all black clothing.

Yep. If he dies after a certain time of the evening there won't be an announcement until 8am the following morning IIRC. That being said there will be undoubtedly be whispers about it before then given the technological age we now live in   

• Like 2

The last major Royal deaths - the Queen Mother, Princess Margaret and Diana - all occurred on a weekend. Will Philip follow suit?

• Like 1

He's not ill. 

He's only there for his regular transfusion of virgin's blood. Its the lizard way.