BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

1 minute ago, Man About The Forum said:

He told him his will makes clear he isn't his father and his half-brother Andrew is heir to the throne?

NO! Not the nonce! Anyone but the nonce!

Sky News presenter is wearing a red dress. BBC News presenter is wearing black...

Still not buying into it all. There'll be an update shortly to explain the Prince's visit, due to the public and press interest. With Philip's past history, if the end were truly near I can't envisage why he'd allow himself into hospital - we know he doesn't like them and he'd definitely rather die peacefully at Windsor. Of course, he could have taken a turn for the worse, but I suspect this is more likely to be a small bending of the rules to allow him a visitor over the weekend, rather than anything more sinister. Of course, in the current climate, that would likely be even more of a reason to keep it a secret than if he was on his deathbed. I also fail to believe that even our stoic Queen would let 73 years of marriage pass without saying goodbye physically (and I doubt she did so when he went to hospital in the state that's been reported). She's been vaccinated for Covid, there's no huge risk in letting her visit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ECG said:

Sky News presenter is wearing a red dress. BBC News presenter is wearing black...

Red and black are popular colours for dresses I believe... :P

1 minute ago, ECG said:

You've not got dark mode on have you?

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

He told him his will makes clear he isn't his father and his half-brother Andrew is heir to the throne?

this is the most likely scenario

Calm your tits everyone!

• Like 2

Just now, drol said:

Calm your tits everyone!

Not until we get a straight answer one way or the other we won't! 

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Calm your tits everyone!

Imagine calming ones tits.

10 minutes ago, odeon said:

Imagine calming ones tits.

That's probably what Charlie is doing to Mummy's right now. Bitty Bitty!

5.20pm Saturday news bulletin has just started on BBC1 - lead story is about plans for visitors to care homes in Monday's announcement. In other words, no alarm bells at the top of the show about Prince Philip. Just FYI.

EDIT: 1 minute piece halfway through the bulletin. Charles has visited, stayed half an hour, journey believed to have been from Highgrove, around 90 minutes away, the private hospital guidelines are only to visit in exceptional circumstances but Buck Pal reiterating the Duke is only there out of an abundance of caution.

Just now, RoverAndOut said:

5.20pm Saturday news bulletin has just started on BBC1 - lead story is about plans for visitors to care homes in Monday's announcement. In other words, no alarm bells at the top of the show about Prince Philip. Just FYI.

Typically, the BBC get informed by The Firm at 08:00 the next morning after the organs have ceased functioning.

49 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

Photo of Prince Charles after visiting Prince Philip, looking a bit teary. I think we will have hit No.5 soon, if it hasn't happened already...

20210220_163237.jpg

I think that's the look on ones face when Daddy admits to you that he arranged the murder of your bit of hot totty back in 1997.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

They have just gone to the hospital where the journalist has a bright blue scarf on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Typically, the BBC get informed by The Firm at 08:00 the next morning after the organs have ceased functioning.

Only if it's occurred after a certain time of the evening. 

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Only if it's occurred after a certain time of the evening. 

I suppose they've got to give it a good go in resus before disconnecting all those wires and tubes.

Just now, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I suppose they've got to give it a good go in resus before disconnecting all those wires and tubes.

A third of your entire post history has come in the past quarter of an hour on this thread, and yet you've said absolutely nothing of note. Impressive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I didn't know Philip and Charles liked going in through the back door!

Once a Navy man always a Navy man!;)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

A third of your entire post history has come in the past quarter of an hour on this thread, and yet you've said absolutely nothing of note. Impressive.

Thank you for your insight. Nothing of note by anybody has been said on this thread recently, only the BBC can announce what we want (or don't want) to hear. Until then, we can only speculate.

• Like 1