BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Giving Andy over to the Feds :sherlock:

Lizzie abdicating but saying she wants Will to succeed. Perhaps she got Phil to break the news hence Charlie's tears are because he's being passed over 

(Honestly would be surprised if it was anything truly interesting or important in the grand scheme of things)

The last time I heard of an embargo, it was royal family related. However, it was just some photos which Buckingham Palace had shared with the newspapers first on the basis they wouldn't be shared until the embargo was listed.

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Probably new pictures of one Williams kids 

Most likely

50 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Plenty of Covid stuff is embargoed.

Technically, we were both right :lol:

Because they were just rehearsing, or bc they were preparing? 

1 minute ago, Gelef29 said:

Because they were just rehearsing, or bc they were preparing? 

Probably both. Neither of which is surprising.

Let me reiterate. HE’S FUCKING 99 YEARS OLD.

• Haha 1

Media outlets always have obits on certain high profile figures ready to go at a moments notice. Merely someone clicking the wrong button. Has happened with others plenty of times in the past 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Media outlets always have obits on certain high profile figures ready to go at a moments notice. Merely someone clicking the wrong button. Has happened with others plenty of times in the past 

Yep. It's a common practice. It's also common for them to be accidentally leaked. Common enough that there's a Wikipedia article for it. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_obituaries

31 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Media outlets always have obits on certain high profile figures ready to go at a moments notice.

Can confirm this as categorically so, used to work in the IT department of a well known one.

They used to be updated on an irregular basis and more regular if the person concerned had a thread on here, OK, not the second part but when there was more reason to shall we say.

Not that it was ever in doubt, common sense really. 

10 minutes ago, ECG said:

Yep. It's a common practice. It's also common for them to be accidentally leaked. Common enough that there's a Wikipedia article for it. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_obituaries

Okay, so I clicked the list to entertain myself with this and the list just kept going. Man, has this happened way too many times.

Given this weeks/10 days events I'd imagine it was a case of some details in Phil obit being tidied up/updated and someone hitting publish instead of draft when finished 

35 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Okay, so I clicked the list to entertain myself with this and the list just kept going. Man, has this happened way too many times.

Its one of my favourite Wiki articles. Whenever I feel like I've done a bad job of something, I turn to this list and rest in the knowledge that people have made much bigger cock-ups. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Given this weeks/10 days events I'd imagine it was a case of some details in Phil obit being tidied up/updated and someone hitting publish instead of draft when finished 

Back in 2008 when he was in hospital the Sun posted a link to his Obituary.

So heading for 2 weeks in hospital. Must be a big enough infection. Was he in that long that time he was in over Christmas a few years ago

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

So heading for 2 weeks in hospital. Must be a big enough infection. Was he in that long that time he was in over Christmas a few years ago

I believe it was 4 days last time

• Like 2

By the looks of things, Prince Philip will surpass two weeks in hospital with no hint of him leaving any time soon. Looking at where we are now, what do we expect to happen.