BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

1 hour ago, Sean said:

They say some people hold on to see people too which I think may have some truth in it as well.

There seems to be a tendency in my family to keep you hanging around for hours and then die the moment you leave the room for any reason.

BBC accidentally broadcasts Prince Philips obituary, whoops! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Toast said:

There seems to be a tendency in my family to keep you hanging around for hours and then die the moment you leave the room for any reason.

I had a near miss with my Nan.Sitting it the bedside not stop for 6 hours then went to the toilet and to get a glass of water got rushed back when going to get a glass of water.I got to the bedside in time but it was close as hell.

7 hours ago, Toast said:

I worked in a hospital for years and this is quite common. Long family vigil for days & the minute they nip out for a coffee the patient dies. Some of the nurses would even suggest the family went out for a bit of fresh air, believing that the patient was just hanging on until they were on their own.

My Dad did something similar. It was the first time we’d persuaded mum to leave his beside in 48 hours and my sister wouldn’t have coped if he’d died while she was in the room on her own. In the end it was just him and me. I think he knew I’d be the one who would cope the best. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Alex said:
BBC accidentally broadcasts Prince Philips obituary, whoops! 

That's definitely midproduction.

Underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition yesterday.

• Like 1

Ssshhhhh, don’t wake Crem.

• Haha 6

They probably went out their way for him to have his surgery and extend his life by a couple of months. 

But it has happened before that even surgery can't keep the heart from not stopping. 

Great troll on the committee who might have thought this was it. 

• Like 1

He's still a man approaching 100 who is currently recovering from heart surgery. Not out of the woods yet by any means.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

They probably went out their way for him to have his surgery and extend his life by a couple of months. 

But it has happened before that even surgery can't keep the heart from not stopping. 

Great troll on the committee who might have thought this was it. 

So a fighting chance for this Phil and for this thread to hit 200 pages, then

• Like 1

I'm just pulling myself back together after reading the devastating news of this latest "procedure" being a likely success. If this thread reaches 200 pages, shall we accept that he's immortal for the foreseeable and not include him on next year's list? Perhaps Liz will croak first and this might just finish him off? If so, hopefully not around the same time, as I'd like two days off work, not one.

30 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

He's still a man approaching 100 who is currently recovering from heart surgery. Not out of the woods yet by any means.

Would be my line of thinking. "Procedure went well" i.e. He came through the procedure without dying  (or suffer complications yet) 

2 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I'm just pulling myself back together after reading the devastating news of this latest "procedure" being a likely success. If this thread reaches 200 pages, shall we accept that he's immortal for the foreseeable and not include him on next year's list? Perhaps Liz will croak first and this might just finish him off? If so, hopefully not around the same time, as I'd like two days off work, not one.

image.png.7b942c52efd04976edde1493d3e8b3f6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

I'm surprised that he was in a good enough condition to undergo the surgery.

• Like 1

Ok, lets be fair, he's in relatively good condition for a nearly 100-year old man.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Donald said:

Ok, lets be fair, he's in relatively good condition for a nearly 100-year old man.

He looks 287 and looks to have been already in the grave.

If he and the queen die together

Secretary phones Boris

London bridge and forth bridge are down!

:lol:

Plus the news has to report both

I don’t understand why you all think he is at deaths door and is in bad condition for his age.

A couple years back he had both hips replaced and was walking in weeks. The very fact that he was walking aged 99 unaided makes him in better shape that 90%+ of near centenarians who generally sit and vegetate in their own piss and shit.

Lastly, the fact that he was given the procedure suggests he was considered well enough to probably survive it which again, at nearly 100, means he is still considered relatively fit.

in short: back aff fantasists! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

May i ask what do you think is the average condition of a nearly 100-year old man? :P

Only the fact that he is still able to stand and walk is a good sign actually.

So, are they actually trying to fix him?

I can't wait for Cyborg Phil 2.0.

2 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

The aesthetics on the outside are not important as you age. There are loads of cases of people looking absolutely cunted by the time they’re 70 and living for a further 20 to 30 years.

The Duke has always been very sporty and in general active. His diet and healthcare will have been top notch for the last 70 years. And before that... well how you live before your late 20s generally isn’t that important in the long run. It’s how you live from your 30s onwards that’s most important.

• Like 3