BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

35 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The aesthetics on the outside are not important as you age. There are loads of cases of people looking absolutely cunted by the time they’re 70 and living for a further 20 to 30 years.

I look cunted already and I intend to live until I’m 110.

I live by a simple philosophy: only the good die young.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

the necromancers have finished their work - expect to see his corpse staggering out of the hospital in a few days

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Toast said:

There seems to be a tendency in my family to keep you hanging around for hours and then die the moment you leave the room for any reason.

We knew my my 95 year old nan was on the verge of death, but she didn't die until all her children were in the living room with her (or at least in the house where she'd lived for like 50 years and people had said goodbyes). She then apparently let out a small gasp of breathe and died. Mum was slightly freaked out about it.

8 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

A new stent?

That would be my guess- the last ones must have been wearing out, so they replaced them- or maybe completely new ones.  He's probably out of the woods for the moment- lucky guy!

If he is well enough to undergo heart surgery then he is definitely big odds on to make 100.

The guy will probably outlive Charles and Andrew.  The latter especially!

3 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

We knew my my 95 year old nan was on the verge of death, but she didn't die until all her children were in the living room with her (or at least in the house where she'd lived for like 50 years and people had said goodbyes). She then apparently let out a small gasp of breathe and died. Mum was slightly freaked out about it.

When my Nana went (Dad's mum), she coughed during her penultimate breath and her false teeth shot across the room. By the time my Dad picked them up, and wiped off the slime, she'd gone.

23 hours ago, Beachy Head said:

If he is well enough to undergo heart surgery then he is definitely big odds on to make 100.

The guy will probably outlive Charles and Andrew.  The latter especially!

Hardly suprising considering the slappers that he's been with and where his willy's been.

Camilla: "Every time I give Charlie a gobble and swallow it, I get an upset stomach and acid reflux."

Pharmacist: "Have you tried Andrews?"

3 hours ago, chiesa52 said:

That would be my guess- the last ones must have been wearing out, so they replaced them- or maybe completely new ones.  He's probably out of the woods for the moment- lucky guy!

If it stents then I'd say so far so good for Philip. My mum had to take a lot of care in the weeks

after having stents inserted as the risk of heart attack remains high. Heart disease can be unpredictable, 

my grandmother died after her heart basically exploded aged 62, while my Grandfather survived two heart bypasses and numerous heart attacks

before he died in his late 70's. While I hope Philip makes to 100, he's probably in the final furlong of life. 

This was in today's Popbitch mailout -

BBC news presenters have been asked to make sure they have black dresses, or jackets and ties, on hand this week in case of any Prince Philip developments.

FYI - Long time lurker.  

• Like 4

That advice about keeping black clothing items on hand won't be new. They always have them on standby. However, there will likely have been a reminder notice sent out. 

• Like 1

wouldnt the royal family be given medical treatment to extend their life even if the doctor would say "nahhhh i wouldnt recommend it based on the persons age etc". Can doctors actually say that to a member of the family? I know a doctor gave a ton of cocaine to king george to finish him off but if theyd said at the time "Ooh a little op would give him a chance to live" back in the time the doctor would probably have done it. 

I'm not suggesting he's going to snuff it but it seems the doctors would probably try anything to keep them alive or try anything to bump them off outside the ordinary

3 minutes ago, LovelyVincent said:

wouldnt the royal family be given medical treatment to extend their life even if the doctor would say "nahhhh i wouldnt recommend it based on the persons age etc". Can doctors actually say that to a member of the family? I know a doctor gave a ton of cocaine to king george to finish him off but if theyd said at the time "Ooh a little op would give him a chance to live" back in the time the doctor would probably have done it. 

I'm not suggesting he's going to snuff it but it seems the doctors would probably try anything to keep them alive or try anything to bump them off outside the ordinary

He'd be treated the same as any other patient: treatment may be available but chances of success have to be weighed up as well as the prospect of an improvement in the quality of life or expectation a reasonable extension of life may be possible. And from what I've heard over the years about Philip, I doubt a Hail Mary procedure at 99 would be his style. Sounds like it was likely relatively routine re-plumbing. On the 1 O'Clock News, I'm sure they suggested that if he was having a new stent put in, he wouldn't need to be under general anaesthetic, it could be done under local anaesthetic? But I'm not in any way medically trained, so don't quote me on that.

I think the sign he's both been given surgery (or something similar) and seems to have come out of it ok (early days accepted) are signs that he's not going just yet. Not to mention (contrary to beliefs in here) the total lack of follow-up visits to Charles's last weekend. I suspect he'll get out this time, but I'm not sure I see him going back into hospital next time - it will be managed at Windsor, whether in 3 months, 6 months, a year or more.

• Like 1

I feel if his doctors consider him like to die within the next few days we would not have got the statement saying he had had a successful procedure. 

• Like 1

What's the odds he dies when the Harry and Meghan interview is airing 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Philip said:

Oprah should ask him "does it bother you that your grandfather may die when you're over here?"

But anyway I'm hoping everyone shuts up about it once the interviews aired

• Like 1

I took part in a survey today and one of the questions was 'Will you watch the Oprah interview when it airs', I clicked no and was taken to the result, it was standing at 72% No so it looks like it won't have much of an audience among online survey users.

eta

Oops, I meant to post this on the Meghan thread.

Edited by torbrexbones
posted it on the wrong thread

16 hours ago, Philip said:

We can only hope.

18 hours ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Quite expensive stuff, doesn't Princess Margaret have some whisky left behind?

That is like asking if the Queen Mum had any gin left. Hope in hell. 

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2021 at 02:29, Philip said:

Frankie Boyle on his New World Order show put forward the argument "We have 12 hours left to abolish the monarchy", in an episode that aired on the evening of their Royal Wedding.

When he was asked why we only have 12 hours, Frankie replied that the original motion was "Prince Philip will die on the day of the royal wedding, as a final act of racism", but the producers wouldn't allow it. Despite that they allowed Frankie mentioning that was the original plan into the final recording.

Where does this thing about Philip being racist come from?  As far as I can remember all he's ever done is make bad jokes.  A few have played on racial characteristics or national stereotypes, but mostly he's just been tactless.  Few groups have escaped his wisecracks.

"British women can't cook" - 1961

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Where does this thing about Philip being racist come from?  As far as I can remember all he's ever done is make bad jokes.  A few have played on racial characteristics or national stereotypes, but mostly he's just been tactless.  Few groups have escaped his wisecracks.

"British women can't cook" - 1961

He's more tactless than racist, I feel, with such lack of tact revealing itself in off-colour remarks which can be/are construed as racist, and at face value some are undoubtly racist. But hes not racist like the Met.