BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

4 minutes ago, marklv said:

Harry is poison.  Personally, I think they should lock him out.

I think it's more accurate to say that he's been poisoned.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Cripes! Sad if not unexpected news. Genuinely sorry for The Queen. 

State funeral I presume? And with lockdown ending I guess there'll be crowds. Actually, I can see people gathering round Buckingham Palace now - would the police really threaten to arrest them on such an occasion?

And good to see the DL servers have not crashed this time - they did when Thatcher died,

EDIT - FFS, just noticed I didn't have him in my DDP. Still, not many points...

I don't believe there will be state funeral - and if there is it will be a muted event with no state holiday.  I hope I'm wrong but a day of mourning is only de rigueur when the sovereign dies.

12 minutes ago, marklv said:

Well, in his day people had thicker skin.  In our modern 'woke' world everybody has a right to be offended, so it's impossible to say anything in public that isn't inane or just a platitude.

I'm a white, taffy, snowflake, honkey and very proud of it! People need to grow a pair.... off to YouTube to catch up on Love Thy Neighbour.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Perhaps, but he chose his poison and married her.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marklv said:

I don't believe there will be state funeral - and if there is it will be a muted event with no state holiday.  I hope I'm wrong but a day of mourning is only de rigueur when the sovereign dies.

There'll still be sheeple waving their silly little flags.

2 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Yeah it's very possible the Queen will be gone soon. George HW Bush died from a broken heart only a few months after his wife Barbara died.

I don't think the Queen and Philip have actually spent much time together in recent years.  She'll miss him, but not that much imo.

15 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Old Phil was 99, not 100 as on the list.

Yes... and that should be changed out of respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marklv said:
3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Perhaps, but he chose his poison and married her.

He's let his dick make his decisions.  Hope the infatuation wears off soon, but it's already done a lot of damage.

I'm presuming there's been discussion in the past year, and particularly early this year since he went into hospital, about what the procedures will be if he dies during lockdown restrictions. I'm assuming there's a plan in place about crowds, lying in state plans, state funerals, who'll be at the funeral, how they'll get there, and so on. It'll all come out in due course.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I don't think the Queen and Philip have actually spent much time together in recent years.  She'll miss him, but not that much imo.

I doubt that she'd have jumped on his bones in bed that often, with him being so fragile in recent years.

Just now, Toast said:

I would still say it is a big enough blow to her that she would be tearing up (possibly even crying) at his funeral.

3 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

There'll still be sheeple waving their silly little flags.

A bit harsh, me thinks.  I'm no jingoist but I don't see anything wrong with showing some solidarity with the Queen at this difficult time for her.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Actually think lockdown has probably been quite nice for them: a chance to spend his final year together in a way that hasn't probably been possible for decades. There'll be some closure in that.

• Like 2

The fucking nerve if they cancel tonights episode of EastEnders because of this. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, marklv said:

You are assuming the Queen will still be (1) alive or (2) not have abdicated by then.  Philips' death may hasten one or both of these.

I don't know about her health, but she will never abdicate, she remembers the problems her Father had after his brother walked out on us, although it's not the same thing I recon she's made a solemn vow never to abdicate, she would rather retire and make Charles a Prince Regent instead.  

People have to remember that HM has been expecting Philip’s death for at least 20 years by now. 

grieving, yes of course, but not as shocked as people might think. 

5 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I doubt that she'd have jumped on his bones in bed that often, with him being so fragile in recent years.

A relationship is more than just sex - grow up please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

The fucking nerve if they cancel tonights episode of EastEnders because of this. 

It looks like ITV1 has cancelled its coverage of the racing at Aintree this afternoon. :(

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Actually think lockdown has probably been quite nice for them: a chance to spend his final year together in a way that hasn't probably been possible for decades. There'll be some closure in that.

Not sure about it not being possible. He's chosen to hole up at Sandringham on his own in recent times rather than spend time with her.  So you're right, she won't have those kind of regrets.

Just now, Kenny said:

It looks like ITV1 has cancelled its coverage of the racing at Aintree this afternoon. :(

Fucking hell, I can't see the Queen being happy about that!  :facepalm:

• Haha 3

I take it now wouldn't be an appropriate moment to set up a Tinder profile for 'Lizzy, 94, Windsor' ?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Fucking hell, I can't see the Queen being happy about that!  :facepalm:

It's going to be on ITV4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny said:

If you can find refuge in sky or bt sports. At times like this I'm glad I've got them !

BBC Radio 1,1X,2,3,4,4X,5,5X all have the same idiot telling me about how he cared for the environment. Fuck off. I was listening to the cricket. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

BBC Radio 1,1X,2,3,4,4X,5,5X all have the same idiot telling me about how he cared for the environment. Fuck off. I was listening to the cricket. 

BBC website's live text on the cricket ended 2 minutes after the announcement of his death.