BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Phillip was really the first celebrity that I ever followed the health of, so sort of strange that he has died after all of these years.

14 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

OK, so, from Monday the restrictions lift to 30 for funerals...

There is just enough room for the immediate family (including the Sussexes): rough count, Queen + kids and consorts + grandkids and consorts + great grandkids = 32 in total, but given Eugenie has a baby and Zara has a baby, and most of the great grandkids are under 8, let alone 10, I'd imagine a number of them wouldn't attend anyway. So there's space for a few more. Margaret's kids and grandkids maybe? I'm not sure Philip's got any living family he's close to on the Battenberg side.

I don't think there'd be a massive need for them to break the rules, nor would it be a good look at an already tricky time PR-wise for the family to have more than the allowed number of mourners.

I think Peter Phillips and his wife are separated now.  Don't know if that would make any difference.  And would Fergie be welcome?  Philip wasn't too keen on her as far as I remember.

So yeah, there's some wiggle room, but there are probably some people more deserving than Harry and his crush. 

5 hours ago, marklv said:

RIP the Duke.  Really bad taste to call him a 'casual racist' - he was a man of his time and he took on board the attitudes of his time, right or wrong.  

The guy who started the thread did. Which would be typical of someone pining for his death.

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

I think Peter Phillips and his wife are separated now.  Don't know if that would make any difference.  And would Fergie be welcome?  Philip wasn't too keen on her as far as I remember.

So yeah, there's some wiggle room, but there are probably some people more deserving than Harry and his crush. 

Nick Witchell just said Harry will come back for the funeral. I suspect Meghan may cite pregnancy issues with flying and also looking after Archie. Still, they knew this was coming when they did the interview, had to be prepared for an awkward return in the near future. I didn't count Peter's wife as they're separated like you said, I did include Fergie since she's still essentially Andrew's other half and he needs all the friends he can get at the minute. But the son of the heir to the throne will definitely be expected to be there, and it would say more about the relations if Harry doesn't come back than if he does.

He's finally gone then, well he had a good innings but shame he didn't make the full century.  I'm gonna miss the old guy, sure he made some controversial statements but his "I'm old, I was born in a totally different time and I don't care what you think" attitude was always refreshing and it'll be weird not seeing him in the news any more.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm avoiding the wall-to-wall wankfest of tributes - has any news organization rung the cult in Africa who worship him for a quote?

Oddly enough, that was my first thought also.  I'm sure they'll get a funeral card.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man: 

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

OK, so, from Monday the restrictions lift to 30 for funerals...

There is just enough room for the immediate family (including the Sussexes): rough count, Queen + kids and consorts + grandkids and consorts + great grandkids = 32 in total, but given Eugenie has a baby and Zara has a baby, and most of the great grandkids are under 8, let alone 10, I'd imagine a number of them wouldn't attend anyway. So there's space for a few more. Margaret's kids and grandkids maybe? I'm not sure Philip's got any living family he's close to on the Battenberg side.

I don't think there'd be a massive need for them to break the rules, nor would it be a good look at an already tricky time PR-wise for the family to have more than the allowed number of mourners.

You have forgotten about his "great friend" - Lady Romsey/Brabourne, Countess Mountbatten or whatever she's called now.

18 minutes ago, Kenny said:

You have forgotten about his "great friend" - Lady Romsey/Brabourne, Countess Mountbatten or whatever she's called now.

I doubt she will be able to attend - I can’t imagine they will want to avoid the speculation her attending such a small funeral would do. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

I doubt she will be able to attend - I can’t imagine they will want to avoid the speculation her attending such a small funeral would do.

Did you honestly think that I was being serious? :lol:

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

image.jpeg

Is it racist that you have clearly put the head of a woman who has made a big deal about not being white onto the body of a clearly white man and nobody can tell the difference...

• Haha 3

The Daily Mail tribute is 144 pages long. Wow. I was expecting about 60.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The Daily Mail tribute is 144 pages long. Wow. I was expecting about 60.

... about the same length as this thread when we're done with it.

• Haha 2

Markle`s lies the final nail in the coffin. tbf she would be a fucking fool to say anything in the next little while. RIP, Sir!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Markle`s lies the final nail in the coffin. tbf she would be a fucking fool to say anything in the next little while. RIP, Sir!

I'm sure he would have made it to his birthday without the work of those two.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markb4 said:

Interestingly enough, today is Prince Charles' 16th anniversary.

..and mine and Mrs Exu's 27th. Fancy that!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

... about the sane length as this thread when we're done with it.

Speaking of which - as one who publicly punted the thread would hit page 200 with him still breathing, I'm somewhat gutted this evening

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

God's judgement? Surely the big guy downstairs. Just after Philip asks DMX what tribe he comes from. 

Well if you believe in certain beliefs ( as I do) we're all judged by God no matter how good or evil we've been .Once judged by God if applicable they'd go downstairs. I'd say DMX has a better chance of getting into heaven. 

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Time to uncross those fingers dude ! 

I think birdienumnums came when he heard of his death and then came 3 more times when they played the national anthem.

4 hours ago, chiesa52 said:

She will soldier on, and she does have a couple of new Corgis to help!  

I thought she wasn't getting any more corgis/dorgis due to her age?

EDIT - two new pups, Fergus and Muick. Aww.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Phillip was really the first celebrity that I ever followed the health of, so sort of strange that he has died after all of these years.

Come to think of it.. I think it was Phil that made me stumble upon the deatlist some years ago. End of an Era. 

Meanwhile, elsewhere, there were 60 Covid related deaths today. ;)

16 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Meanwhile, elsewhere, there were 60 Covid related deaths today. ;)

To be more accurate, Covid was mentioned on 60 death certificates. Over  the last year or so, NHS doctors have been mentioning Covid on the death certificates of car crash victims and those who have died of heart attacks, cancer, strokes, drug overdoses etc.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4