BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Just now, Alex said:

Prince Andrew speaks out:

The FBI are now like “Oh right, is he doing interviews now?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It transpires that the ECB has requested that all recreational cricket next Saturday is paused between 3pm and 4pm. 

Really good idea given that covid restrictions mean that players cannot go into changing rooms or clubhouses during the break.

Spending an hour in the car looking miserable is the only option!

1 hour ago, dodrade said:

Perhaps they mean the current Earl's wife?

That will be exactly who it is.  Penny Mountbatten, formerly Lady Romsey.  Close family friend and the Duke did a lot of his carriage-driving with her.

Before anyone goes nudge/wink,  I don't believe there was any more to it than that.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

That will be exactly who it is.  Penny Mountbatten, formerly Lady Romsey.  Close family friend and the Duke did a lot of his carriage-driving with her.

Before anyone goes nudge/wink,  I don't believe there was any more to it than that.

Which one. A bit of carriage driving with Lady Ramsey or a penny to mount batten. 

3 hours ago, dodrade said:

Do we expect any of these to attend?

30 is pretty small for the Royal Family. Not sure if there will be enough room for the Kents, Beatrice and Eugenie's husbands might stay at home too. Obviously not looking likely for Fergie either.

I don't think they were close enough to Phil to get to top 30.

But anyways, here they are:

Prince Georg Andreas Heinrich of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (born 1938): Doesn't seem to like being in public much. Only a few pictures of him exist, one which I'm sure includes him from 2007. I'm not going to post it here as there are two men in the picture and I'm not 100% sure which one of them he is.

320px-Maximilian_Andreas_Markgraf_von_Baden_(2017).jpg.ad1bf1db72a0b77fe3a6be85fce3b073.jpg

Picture from 2017:

Prince Maximillian Andreas Friedrich Gustav Ernst August Bernhard of Baden (born 1933): As the head of the house of Baden, he's probably the most known of the children of DoE's sisters. Looks like an hairless Stan Lee.

prince-Ludwig-of-baden.jpg.w180h252.jpg.1e0476bb3c01d51f691812a906ffcf27.jpg

1864034334_Nyttkuva2021-04-11204238.png.a088b9d2a34c683e7c2f63b553ebea6d.png

Prince Ludwig Wilhelm Georg Ernst Christoph of Baden (born 1937): Another royal who doesn't seem to like publicity. Second picture of him with Phil and Liz.

2cdaf899c69b0071c251af5fd94d270b.jpg.f0f7af26bf122d64ab116d75592dd068.jpg

Prince Karl of Hesse (born 1937): Yet another ghoul in the family.

016678d3e77acf25caa934ae22bfc00e.jpg.f3a12991f2b91a430080ebc1311ff60d.jpg

Prince Rainer Christoph Friedrich of Hesse (born 1939): Actually born 1939. Unmarried and no issue.

Princess Clarissa Alice of Hesse (born 1944): Can't find any photos of her from the last 40 years.

1863795911_Nyttkuva2021-04-11205709.png.599e850f6f5696162c5421e000029325.png

Prince Georg of Hanover (born 1949): Friederike and Georg are from Sophie's marriage with Georg of Hanover (1915-2006). The picture is of the younger Georg with his mother in 1996.

Princess Friederike of Hanover (born 1954): Another fucking mystery.

1 hour ago, arghton said:

I don't think they were close enough to Phil to get to top 30.

To be fair, we've no idea on that score, but I would bet that none of them live locally so they probably wouldn't want to make the journey in the current circumstances.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

1 The Queen

2 Prince of Wales

3 Duchess of Cornwall

4 Princess Royal

5 Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence

6 Duke of York

7 and 8 Earl and Countess of Wessex

9 and 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

11 Duke of Sussex

12 and 13 Zara and Mike Tindall

14 Peter Phillips

15 Princess Beatrice

16 Princess Eugenie

17 Lady Louise Windsor

18 Viscount Severn

19 Lady Pamela Hicks

20 Countess Mountbatten

21 Princess Alexandra

22 and 23 Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

24 and 25 Duke and Duchess of Kent

26 and 27 Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

28 Earl of Snowdon

29 Lady Sarah Chatto

30 Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell, private secretary

Likely guest list (not including the Bishop of London who will conduct the service) according to the DM.

Not a bad looking list but looks more like our back of a fag packet calculations rather than necessarily any inside knowledge. Not entirely convinced by a couple of names, particularly Princess Alexandra (84) and Lady Pamela Hicks (91). Are they really going to be travelling to a funeral in a pandemic? Although I suppose the risk is lessened now given vaccines and transmission being low, and also this is a pretty big one and they are local(ish). Then I realise that the Kents are now nearly 90 themselves and the Michaels and Gloucesters are mid-70s+. :o 

Also seen various places saying the Archbishop of Canterbury will be officiating, but maybe that's just a general assumption. Guess we'll see.

3 hours ago, dodrade said:

Haven't Princess Alexandra and the Duchess of Kent been in poor health?

Article from Women and Home here 4 days ago about the mysterious disappearance on Princess Alexandra, who hasn't conducted a royal engagement since July, but is not ill according to the Palace (who won't say why she's not been seen). There's a Christmas message she recorded in the article, so presumably that's from about 4 months ago if you're looking for signs.

On the Duchess of Kent, there's this from the Express last year gossiping about how she's claimed to have both the Epstein-Barr Virus and Coeliac Disease but also claimed she's got "no history of ill health". No analysis, expert opinions or anything like that. Just a short article stirring the shit, as one would expect of the Express. But there we have it.

45 minutes ago, Toast said:

To be fair, we've no idea on that score, but I would bet that none of them live locally so they probably wouldn't want to make the journey in the current circumstances.

I was working this out on the back of a fag packet earlier (well a condom wrapper but hey ho...)

The Queen

Prince Charles

Cammilla Parker Bowles

Prince Edward

Sophie Rhys Jones

Prince Andrew

Sarah Ferguson? (Moral support for Beatrice and Eugine) 

Princess Anne

Timothy Lawrence

Prince Harry

Prince William

Princess Kate

Princess Eugine

Jack Brooksbank

Princess Beatrice

Edoardo Mapelli Mozi

Zara Tindall

Mike Tindall

Peter Philips

Autumn Philips

Lady Louise Mountbatten Windsor

James, Viscount Severn

That leaves 8 spare places, which theoretically could be taken by his eight grandchildren but given how young they all are this seems highly unlikely. An exception to this might be Prince George, given his likelihood of being King George one day. 

You can probably fill out the rest of the births with Queens cousins a few royal staff, given all of Philip's siblings predeceased him. . 

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yeah, but only outdoors on a cool windy day. If he breaks sweat his story is proper toast.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, but only outdoors on a cool windy day. If he breaks sweat his story is proper toast.

Oi! 

1 minute ago, arghton said:

Damn. They lost their god.

Well, yes and no - a spirit capable of reincarnation; so potentially spottable elsewhere. I'd say the odds against them deciding to worship Prince Andrew are massive, mind

15 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Having watched, and cringed most of the time, if I were his legal advisors I'd be thing him to keep his gob shut and avoid cameras in future. Gems like "his death was a miracle " made it quite a bizarre  and at times , stilted, interview.

EDIT: :clivedunn:

I can’t think why...

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I can’t think why...

This complaints story is now on rolling news coverage.....and again......and again

It's excessive coverage all the way down.

Excessively covering that the coverage is excessive. 

On 12/04/2021 at 03:19, maryportfuncity said:

Well, yes and no - a spirit capable of reincarnation; so potentially spottable elsewhere. I'd say the odds against them deciding to worship Prince Andrew are massive, mind

Prince Charles in nominally the Duke of Edinburgh now, but it's apparently been promised to Edward eventually.  Presumably they'll switch to one of those.  

Private Eye.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5