Jump to content
BirdieNumNums

1. Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Recommended Posts

If Prince Philip is nearing an imminent death, it isn't a Prince who's dying, it's a husband and father.  Where I live in the US, which, granted, is the middle of absolutely nowhere, at end of life family is allowed to come and visit in person.  Charles and Philip have never been close.  I cannot imagine a scenario where Charles is the one person to say their goodbyes in person.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mischief Girl said:

If Prince Philip is nearing an imminent death, it isn't a Prince who's dying, it's a husband and father.  Where I live in the US, which, granted, is the middle of absolutely nowhere, at end of life family is allowed to come and visit in person.  Charles and Philip have never been close.  I cannot imagine a scenario where Charles is the one person to say their goodbyes in person.

Her Maj and All four kids would be allowed even if at separate times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i wouldnt imagine all the royal family will descend down to see phillip at once during a pandemic. They wouldnt do it even in a non pandemic scenario. It would be different members of the royal family coming to say goodbye at various different times. Plus the fact that the future king is going to see his father to say goodbye is the sort of script ending they love to write where they can say phillip passed on his "wisdom and gave final advice"

 

I can't imagine elizabeth holding phillips hand during all of this anyway even if the pandemic wasnt on and i dont think he'd appreciate it either. all stiff upper lip and probably a phone call. 

 

Can't see Andrew turning up for obvious reasons either...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kenny said:

And are you suggesting that Andrew is not his son?

 

The very idea!  :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

The very idea!  :D

 

I forgot about Edward too! :o

 

Surely Phil would want a goodbye kiss from the lovely Sophie! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny said:

 

I hope that it's neither of the gruesome twosome. Huw Edwards has a massive Welsh inferiority complex. His tailor must have big problems with the massive chip on his shoulder. Fiona Bruce is a vain narcissist who can't get that smug smirk off her face. But she is better than Emily Maitliss who looks and sounds like a a neurotic cokehead. My vote goes to Clive Myrie.

 

 


There's a clip of Emily Maitlis in which she farts live on air as she introduces a news item. She gets through her script while she's visibly cringing and some people off-screen are laughing. One for devotees of embarrassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pierce is such a loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LovelyVincent said:

who is Pierce? 

 

Some guy who yells both on air and on Twitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone, who knows that area of London, know if there is a more secluded entrance to the hospital?

Charles took the back door (no comment) but there must be a 'staff entrance'?

Maybe they learned from Charles' mistake and snuck in to say their goodbyes.

For all we know, Queenie could have been there all day by his side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well match of the day will shut up the bots on twitter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2003 at 09:36, BirdieNumNums said:

If anyone deserves to die its that damn W**ker that QE2 is married to. Yep, you got it in one, Prince Philip ( Mountbatten) of "foot in mouth" fame. Apart from that, what else is he famous for? Marrying the Queen, big deal! The sooner that bugger is relegated to the earth, the happier I'll be. At his age, hopefully I shouldn't have too long to wait! *fingers crossed* cool.png

And yet here we are 17 years later! Persistent bugger!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:


There's a clip of Emily Maitlis in which she farts live on air as she introduces a news item. She gets through her script while she's visibly cringing and some people off-screen are laughing. One for devotees of embarrassment.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Setting my alarm for 07:45 was a waste of time then.


If you’re gullible enough to believe the desperate attention seekers peddling utter nonsense on Twitter, then your time deserves to be wasted.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

 

35 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Setting my alarm for 07:45 was a waste of time then.


If you’re gullible enough to believe the desperate attention seekers peddling utter nonsense on Twitter, then your time deserves to be wasted.

 


i don’t understand why you need to know first.

 

If he had been declared dead at 8am, he would still be dead at 8.10am. Presumably. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

What does it mean ? 

Who knows - unlikely to be good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Old Crem said:

Who knows - unlikely to be good news.

Maybe he’s coming home ? Or maybe the queen has come to visit him ? Or maybe he has been given the last rites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

What does it mean ? 

Possibly that he will be discharged? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

What does it mean ? 

 

Someone's come to visit, or they're getting the coffin. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Maybe he’s coming home ? Or maybe the queen has come to visit him ? Or maybe he has been given the last rites

Her car would have the mini Royal Standard flag flying on or it somewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deathisallaround said:

Her car would have the mini Royal Standard flag flying on or it somewhere.

Even if she tries to be the most discreet ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use