BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

Of course Charles looking tearful could be down to a combination of things.

He's bound to be affected by Harry's behaviour, Harry's his son after all and Chas will also be upset that his sons have fallen out.

Then Philip might have had a few choice words to say about it all which could have been hurtful.

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but given how long Charles has been in the public eye for, I'd have thought he'd try to put on a brave face unless he really wasn't able to. If it was due to family arguing, I would have expected him to try and put a brave face on. But in the photo that has been shared around, he looked somewhat defeated.

I'm not wanting to be critical of Charles, because he'll know a lot more than we do, but I'd have thought that he wouldn't allow himself to be seen looking that upset for something like a family dispute. 

21 minutes ago, ECG said:

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but given how long Charles has been in the public eye for, I'd have thought he'd try to put on a brave face unless he really wasn't able to. If it was due to family arguing, I would have expected him to try and put a brave face on. But in the photo that has been shared around, he looked somewhat defeated.

I'm not wanting to be critical of Charles, because he'll know a lot more than we do, but I'd have thought that he wouldn't allow himself to be seen looking that upset for something like a family dispute. 

Not saying it was due to family arguing, I'm just pointing out that there are other troubles besides the state of his Dad.  When you've got a parent as close to death as Philip is (and I mean due to his age and general decline, not that death is necessarily imminent) it can take very little to push you over the edge.  When my mother was terminally ill in hospital I left the ward in tears more than once because she'd been so nasty to me.  People do take their frustration and anger out on those close to them.

The mask hides a lot, but at the same time focuses attention on the eyes, so he may have mistakenly thought his emotions were hidden.

• Like 1

Man, Phillip walked in unaided.

Tbf, despite all his cardiovascular issues, he has been more robust than you'd expect - most people can't walk at 99

11 minutes ago, InquilineKea said:

Only because he's not allowed to drive since spearing into an innocent Renault Megane.

30 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Only because he's not allowed to drive since spearing into an innocent Renault Megane.

As opposed to a Rachel Meghan.

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, InquilineKea said:

Tbf, despite all his cardiovascular issues, he has been more robust than you'd expect - most people can't walk at 99

My grandfather also walked into hospital but never came out.

Also, are we describing walking in the sense of a young man walking sprightly, or somebody who is essentially hobbling (in the same way my grandfather was)? 

Sounds like they didnt like the internet uproar last night over the "sad" charles picture. I doubt they'd park secretively just for handing over luggage...they could just get a random person to walk through the front door with it without much attention being brought to it (unless it had flashing neon lights on the bag with the words "phillips things").

My guess is Andrew visited. Hiding at another entrance due to 1) Not wanting to have the charles attention 2) Its Prince Andrew and he definitely wants to remain hidden....

If Anne turns up tomorrow it could really be the immediate kids coming to say goodbye...

Or Phillip kicks out at 2 and is seen smiling and waving monday evening on his way home...

We don't even know that Charles was sad. He might have just been laughing very hard. He might have been tear-gassed. He might have been plucking his nasal hairs

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LovelyVincent said:

Its Prince Andrew and he definitely wants to remain hidden....

Yeah. If I was accused of being a nonce, I'd stay away from the cameras too. :lol:

Maybe he has dementia symptoms and said something confusing or was talking about wanting to die. 

Sigh...seriously? A shot was obtained of the car but somebody super important who was in said car, like Her Maj, Andrew or Anne, managed to sneak out of and back into the car without anybody at all getting a whiff? If he's on his deathbed, how come he's turning it into a residency? Chuck yesterday, Andy today, Anne tomorrow, Queenie on Tuesday? Can't be in too bad shape to be confident he's going to last.

Honestly, we're heading into tin foil territory with the hypothesising... :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

As opposed to a Rachel Meghan.

Also: bravo! That is genius. :lol::clap:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tomarse said:

With rumours of Harry coming back to see him he’s probably just sorting out Megan’s taxi from the airport.. 

:lol:

Heathrow tunnel job?

• Haha 1

Australian media reporting that he is in for more than just observation and rest. I know most have already come to this conclusion, but it's still somewhat significant that a major media outlet is willing to claim that he is "very unwell":

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ECG said:

Australian media reporting that he is in for more than just observation and rest. I know most have already come to this conclusion, but it's still somewhat significant that a major media outlet is willing to claim that he is "very unwell":

"and not go back" heh

Not too surprising that the British Media might be more restrained in reporting things like this. The fact that it seems to be Tues at the earliest before he's out will make it a week since he was admitted. That's a long time merely for observation. May not be quite at the end but wouldn't be surprising if he's gone this year  

7 minutes ago, ECG said:

No shit, Sherlock! If old Phil was not very very unwell, he wouldn't still be in hospital. He and Brenda haven't lived together for a long time. If wants to return to anyone it'll be to one of his Pennys, Romsey or Knatchbull.

1 minute ago, Kenny said:

No shit, Sherlock! If old Phil was not very very unwell, he wouldn't still be in hospital. He and Brenda haven't lived together for a long time. If wants to return to anyone it'll be to one of his Pennys, Romsey or Knatchbull.

Aren't they the same person?

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Maybe he has dementia symptoms and said something confusing or was talking about wanting to die. 

Or talking about Princess Di? ;)

Robert Jobson mentioning it is a bit more credible than Twitter rumours but even so, time will tell.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Aren't they the same person?

Not sure. I couldn't give tuppence about them anyway! B)

Sounds like he wants to get out so his wikipedia page says "died- windsor castle" rather than a hospital. 

fair play to him if thats the case. Gotta live the gimmick till the end

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Not too surprising that the British Media might be more restrained in reporting things like this. The fact that it seems to be Tues at the earliest before he's out will make it a week since he was admitted. That's a long time merely for observation. May not be quite at the end but wouldn't be surprising if he's gone this year  

This year ? This month seems more appropriate imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

This year ? This month seems more appropriate imo

Depends just how ill he really is, if he is as bad as is made out in that report it could be days or weeks at the most but I bet his Doctors etc will do everything they can to see him reach his 100th Birthday. 

• Like 2

Either that guy is a Billy Bullshitter or he made a few interesting points. 

Philip requested to speak to Charles.

Even though Charles was/is due back in London on Monday.

Philip is very ill.

Is this bloke allowed to be less reserved than the UK press? And does he have genuine sources?

If Charles is due back in London tomorrow, will he visit again?

Also, I feel bad that the news keeps reminding people that he will be 100 in June. At this rate he won't make it til June and mentioning it seems harsh.