BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Found it.

Ok, now I’m really hoping he makes a full recovery. Just 3 months til Deathray mails me my pint money! 

C2439CD9-7E1C-4AB3-86A4-5CBAD527F1A5.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, deathisallaround said:

Either that guy is a Billy Bullshitter or he made a few interesting points. 

Philip requested to speak to Charles.

Even though Charles was/is due back in London on Monday.

Philip is very ill.

Is this bloke allowed to be less reserved than the UK press? And does he have genuine sources?

If Charles is due back in London tomorrow, will he visit again?

Also, I feel bad that the news keeps reminding people that he will be 100 in June. At this rate he won't make it til June and mentioning it seems harsh.

The guy is a regular royal contributor to Channel 7 in Australia, ABC in the US, and the Evening Standard in the UK. He's also set to release a book about Prince Philip's life. You don't get to that sort of position without knowing your stuff and having some good sources. In terms of reservations of the British press, I think it's more the media not wanting to say something which could royally bite them on the arse. Some journalists will likely have more precise info on Philip's condition, but don't want to risk saying too much and causing an unnecessary stir which might make reporting on them more difficult in the future (cough Nicholas Witchell cough).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ECG said:

The guy is a regular royal contributor to Channel 7 in Australia, ABC in the US, and the Evening Standard in the UK. He's also set to release a book about Prince Philip's life. You don't get to that sort of position without knowing your stuff and having some good sources. In terms of reservations of the British press, I think it's more the media not wanting to say something which could royally bite them on the arse. Some journalists will likely have more precise info on Philip's condition, but don't want to risk saying too much and causing an unnecessary stir which might make reporting on them more difficult in the future.

And Jenny Bond was Royal correspondent yet spoke out her arse half the time.

A big part of the reason why there is such a high level of interest around the Royals is because they’re quite elusive and private.

Writing books on them and being a rent-a-gob for rolling news stations doesn’t make you any closer to them.

It’s hard to know what’s going on. Hence since he was hospitalised 5 days ago we’ve already amounted 20-odd pages of pure speculation on this thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It’s hard to know what’s going on. Hence since he was hospitalised 5 days ago we’ve already amounted 20-odd pages of pure speculation on this thread.

It's something to do, innit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Parents are watching BBC News right now and I got slightly worried he had died considering both presenters are wearing black. Except Clive Myrie hasn't got a black tie...yet

1 minute ago, ladyfiona said:

Parents are watching BBC News right now and I got slightly worried he had died considering both presenters are wearing black. Except Clive Myrie hasn't got a black tie...yet

They wouldn't announce it this late. For example, if he has died within the last hour, it wouldn't be announced until 8am.

Forget his family visiting him......meaningless bystanders.

Stand up and take notice when Joanna Lumley visits

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just you wait til Her Majesty's reaching the end - it'll crash the forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

AFAIK it doesn't necessarily have to be a black tie anymore. Just once it's a sombre colour i.e. not bright pink or red etc... 

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

AFAIK it doesn't necessarily have to be a black tie anymore. Just once it's a sombre colour i.e. not bright pink or red etc... 

What about “the dick is dead” written on a black tie in a tasteful font?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yeah. It no longer needs to be a black tie. Just a sombre colour, such as navy blue, or burgundy red. However, I reckon they'll go with black if it's possible, just in order to prevent another Sissons.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

It's something to do, innit.

Aye spot on. i've got sod all else to do even when it isn't a world pandemic. 

1 hour ago, LovelyVincent said:

Aye spot on. i've got sod all else to do even when it isn't a world pandemic. 

Same here, I just pick my arse most of the time.

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I think the black tie needs to be kept. Black is the first color you think of when you think death.

3 hours ago, ECG said:

Yeah. It no longer needs to be a black tie. Just a sombre colour, such as navy blue, or burgundy red. However, I reckon they'll go with black if it's possible, just in order to prevent another Sissons.

99% they have a black tie on. 

intresting that journalist won’t personally  tweet Philip is very ill letting his Aussie employers do it for him. 

Very little new royal stories tonight in the British press which is concerning. Like they trying to not have lots of very dated  headlines in case his death is announced tommrow. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Very little new royal stories tonight in the British press which is concerning. Like they trying to not have lots of very dated  headlines in case his death is announced tommrow. 

If he does die then Deathray will be right

Imagine if he dies on the same day Meghan's car crash interview with Oprah is released.

• Shocked 1

I am not really into the Royal family but I am following this thread religiously. Is it finally time for Phil? My guess is No, but damn am I tuning into BBC every now and then. You better believe. 

I remember when Prince Henrik died a few years ago in Denmark. This was important stuff and there was so much speculation that reminded me of this. Also, Ingrid back in 2000.

Can't imagine my peak interest when its the Queen (of either Denmark or England) that goes unless i die before them. You never know. 

I doubt we will get any big update today, we will just get another “mystery car parked up” and people on twitter saying “expect a news update at 8,9,10pm…”

Which will add another 5+ to this topic, it’s like whoever said since he has been in hospital we have added 20ish pages here and got bugger all update on his condition 

Next round of the DL Cup starts soon, just sayin'

8 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Imagine if he dies on the same day Meghan's car crash interview with Oprah is released.

That's probably what he's hanging on for, along with "planning" to deal with Meghan.

I see that no Ford Transit Connect, private ambulance or blacked-out estate car has parked up yet. He won't fit laid out in a Range Rover. I can't see any formal announcement being made until the skeleton is in Windsor. I say Windsor as London would be too much "fuss" for the old goat. It's also easier for most to get to so that they can spit on the coffin and cheer as it goes past. Not to mention crocodile tears from Liz and Andy.

21 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

To be fair he is hardly likely to say “He is fucked” wait and see if he is discharged or not in next day or so will be more telling. 

• Like 2