Jump to content
BirdieNumNums

1. Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Recommended Posts

Is it possible that once it is considered there is nothing that can be done, and they're going to unplug, a family member can go visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is it possible that once it is considered there is nothing that can be done, and they're going to unplug, a family member can go visit. 

 

End of life, anyone can visit. Them's the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

 

End of life, anyone can visit. Them's the rules.

 

And this is why I'm quite sceptical about Prince William's remarks. If Philip really is 'OK', then why did Charles travel from Gloucester to London in order to visit his father. The two facts contradict each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ECG said:

And this is why I'm quite sceptical about Prince William's remarks. If Philip really is 'OK', then why did Charles travel from Gloucester to London in order to visit his father. The two facts contradict each other.

 

If it's true that Philip asked him to come, that would explain it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Toast said:

If it's true that Philip asked him to come, that would explain it.

 

I'd forgotten about that report. It is a good point, but it means that either Charles has broken the Gov't guidance on visiting relatives in hospital (even if Philip asked him to), or Philip is in a worse state than we're being told about.

 

I can imagine the former being true, but I'm still inclined to suspect it's the latter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

 

I also told people my grandpa was ok the day before he died of covid, doesn't mean much

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The addition of the wink seems unnecessarily ominous. Not sure if that's something to be read into or just royals failing to interact like normal humans.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's something to be said for the lack of formal statement today. The last statement to come from Buckingham was one which stated that Philip would be staying in hospital over the weekend. However, the weekend has very much come and gone now.

 

Obviously, William made a brief remark to journalists today, but you can't make many assumptions from being told that he's 'OK'. That could mean he's feeling fine and will be set to leave in a few days, or it could mean that he's slowly passing away with any pain being well managed by his doctors and nurses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing OK in the eyes of William means that he's not dead yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ECG said:
7 hours ago, Toast said:

If it's true that Philip asked him to come, that would explain it.

 

I'd forgotten about that report. It is a good point, but it means that either Charles has broken the Gov't guidance on visiting relatives in hospital (even if Philip asked him to), or Philip is in a worse state than we're being told about.

 

I can imagine the former being true, but I'm still inclined to suspect it's the latter.

 

The Royal Family can't break the Government Guidelines because they don't apply to them. 

Their mother and grandmother owns the gaff.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ECG said:

I think there's something to be said for the lack of formal statement today. The last statement to come from Buckingham was one which stated that Philip would be staying in hospital over the weekend. However, the weekend has very much come and gone now.

 

Obviously, William made a brief remark to journalists today, but you can't make many assumptions from being told that he's 'OK'. That could mean he's feeling fine and will be set to leave in a few days, or it could mean that he's slowly passing away with any pain being well managed by his doctors and nurses.

Many of the newspapers on Friday said into next week which gave the impression to me that no update till mid week or later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Times -

'The Duke of Cambridge offered reassurance this morning that his grandfather was not in danger during his stay in hospital and that doctors were simply “keeping an eye on him”.

The duke, speaking to a photographer during a visit to a vaccination centre in King’s Lynn in Norfolk, may even have winked as a sign of light-heartedness, although an aide said that he was merely adjusting his facemask.

In any case, he was upbeat about the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, who has been at King Edward VII’s Hospital in London since he was admitted last Tuesday evening.

“Yes, he’s OK,” William told Arthur Edwards, the veteran royal photographer. “They’re keeping an eye on him.”

Buckingham Palace gave no update on his condition. No visits are expected to follow the one on Saturday by the Prince of Wales.'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How weird for william to wink at someone over the health of his grandfather....

 

Like he's either winking as if to say "ho ho tosh the guidelines we're above the rule of law hehe tally ho!" or he's winking to say "he's dying..."

But are quite a ridiculous approach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LovelyVincent said:

How weird for william to wink at someone over the health of his grandfather....

 

Like he's either winking as if to say "ho ho tosh the guidelines we're above the rule of law hehe tally ho!" or he's winking to say "he's dying..."

But are quite a ridiculous approach!

 

I was wondering if it was some sort of of signal to the reporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Windsor said:

 

The Royal Family can't break the Government Guidelines because they don't apply to them. 

Their mother and grandmother owns the gaff.

 

I'd like to see it going to court...because as soon as the Queen walked into the court, the judge would have to vacate the bench on the basis they are representing the Crown and there can't be two crowns.

And you're not going to see a case of Regina v Regina's Son any time soon.

 

Not to mention, all else aside, hospital visiting rules are set by individual trusts or, in the case of private hospitals, the hospital. At worst, the rules of a hospital have been broken. But this hospital's website makes clear visitors are not entirely banned.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

 

I'd like to see it going to court...because as soon as the Queen walked into the court, the judge would have to vacate the bench on the basis they are representing the Crown and there can't be two crowns.

And you're not going to see a case of Regina v Regina's Son any time soon.

 

Not to mention, all else aside, hospital visiting rules are set by individual trusts or, in the case of private hospitals, the hospital. At worst, the rules of a hospital have been broken. But this hospital's website makes clear visitors are not entirely banned.

 

 

Aye, if you read just between the lines of the official rules it says "Royals, like Prince Charles can do what they want"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ECG said:

 

I was wondering if it was some sort of of signal to the reporters.

Maybe but the Times has actually printed his aides denying he winked all very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling Philp is not "ok", and even if he is, that dosent mean he can't be dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to expunge that wink from the records. It has duly been reclassified as a face mask adjustment.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, is he still in hospital? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not a deliberate wink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

So, is he still in hospital? 

 

Unless I missed something then yeah. I doubt that he'd be able to leave without a journalist noticing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Genfærd said:

 

Unless I missed something then yeah. I doubt that he'd be able to leave without a journalist noticing it.

 

The longer he's in there the harder it will be for him to come out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use