BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

5 minutes ago, ECG said:

By the looks of things, Prince Philip will surpass two weeks in hospital with no hint of him leaving any time soon. Looking at where we are now, what do we expect to happen.

Er.....he dies?

It's getting closer to the point where he comes out horizontally rather than vertically.

• Like 1

Hmm he was in 4 days for the urinary tract infection a few years ago. He's now been in 3 times as long for what we've been told is an infection after being initially told it was a precautionary admission for observation 

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

It's getting closer to the point where he comes out horizontally rather than vertically.

I hate to be the bearer (pun) of bad news, but I think he'll be trotting out with a new spring in his step.

BTW... RIP Mike Baldwin

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hmm he was in 4 days for the urinary tract infection a few years ago. He's now been in 3 times as long for what we've been told is an infection after being initially told it was a precautionary admission for observation 

It's probably just bladder or prostate cancer.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

It's probably just bladder or prostate cancer.

Phew. That would be a relief. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, ECG said:

By the looks of things, Prince Philip will surpass two weeks in hospital with no hint of him leaving any time soon. Looking at where we are now, what do we expect to happen.

Should we expect any hints of him being discharged though?  Wouldn't we just hear about it when it happened?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

At his age he could have cancer without being likely to actually die from it, if it was slow-developing.

The whole man already looks like what skin cancer would look like if it was a person.

7 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Dickie Arbiter has been out of the scene so long he knows fuck all about what's actually going on.

I do hope they were discussing the future of the Royal Family though, in particular how by right the House of Windsor should end with the current reign when the House of Mountbatten succeeds. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markb4 said:

The "Republic of Great Britain" does have nice ring to it. After all, our official country code is GB, not UK.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Windsor said:

Dickie Arbiter has been out of the scene so long he knows fuck all about what's actually going on.

I do hope they were discussing the future of the Royal Family though, in particular how by right the House of Windsor should end with the current reign when the House of Mountbatten succeeds. 

Yes, I've always (ALWAYS!!) wondered about this. I mean, the House terminology was always very precise, i.e. House of York / Lancaster even though they were both basically House of Plantagenet. Or more similarly, House Windsor (or Saxo-Coburg-Gotha) was House Hanover, until the death of Queen Victoria. So yes, with Charles House Mountbatten would begin. Yet, I think they are not going to change it. The male line is a bit anachronistic today.

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Holy fuck, this is very dodgy. Think today we'll get another 2 pages

48 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

12 hours ago, Windsor said:

Yes, I've always (ALWAYS!!) wondered about this. I mean, the House terminology was always very precise, i.e. House of York / Lancaster even though they were both basically House of Plantagenet. Or more similarly, House Windsor (or Saxo-Coburg-Gotha) was House Hanover, until the death of Queen Victoria. So yes, with Charles House Mountbatten would begin. Yet, I think they are not going to change it. The male line is a bit anachronistic today.

I think they originally moved to goalposts because nobody liked the Moutbattens (who were Battenburgs until 1917) because they were too foreign. Churchill hated the idea of a House of Mountbatten. 

If you look at every major house in peacetime, they ‘ended with a lass’. The Tudors ended with Elizabeth I. The Stuarts ended with Queen Anne (although it could be claimed the House of Orange ended the House of Stuart in 1688/9). The Hanoverians ended with Queen Victoria.

The only practical reason I can see for not allowing the House of Mountbatten to succeed is the recent change to allow female born heirs to be placed in order of birth before younger brothers because:

a) if you had three Queen Regnant in a row like in Holland the royal house would have to change more frequently.

b) let’s say William was a girl and he married Mr Middleton. As Royals start marrying more middle class do we want a House of Middleton or a House of Smith?

These are the things that keep me awake at night... 

• Like 2

Has the Queen been moved to action yet though? She seems very sanguine about the whole thing, she was on a Zoom call with NHS staff a couple of days ago.

@The Old Crem, was 4, no wait, 5 fucking posts really necessary?

Also, include a brief summary of the tweet’s content either before or after you link it in your post in case the tweets are deleted. (Not just ‘update’)

Edited by The Quim Reaper
Edited to clarify for a moron
  • Thanks 2

Either things are about to escalate again (and hit number 5 is about to happen) or the Palace is about to announce that he's been discharged and we can stand down again for the time being.